MW Mini Driving School - Officially Confirmed

Brad2912

Yes I agree the building could have been used better, but I don't see how the driving school would fit outside of the building. The land used for speedys taxis wouldn't be big enough for what they have done. Maybe if they used the back section (where marvin rocket used to be). But we will have to accept what they have done, even if it isn't want we wanted.

^ I reckon a collection of multi coloured horse statues dressed in hoopskirts would be better than this, but what would people like me know? So if this is such a moral issue amongst our tiny Theme Park fan community, how do we suppose the general public will respond/react to this internal catastrophe? My guess is they most likely won't even notice them -specifically because they won't care.

So why go to the trouble of building a new attraction that's unattractive? Bottom line, I guess that's the question many of us are begging for explanation?

Is this just a stubborn idea cooked up by a creatively challenged member of senior management? I reckon there could be a wiff of truth in this. It is obviously a cheap filler kiddie ride that's being added to appeal specifically to it's target audience and by doing so, empathising with the paying public by connecting with Mum and Dad's wallets and show that they really do care about providing a variety of (relative to demographic in this case) quality entertainment for all creatures great and small.

OR

This is a cheap and nasty alternative to building a quality immersive family blockbuster experience, which and also relative to target demographic would possibly cost 10 times the price.. but would it offer 10 times the return?

Shortly after the 2012/13 fin year the today practically faceless group of high-ups, pencil pushers and bean counters gathered for the annual budget or 'event of the year for very few.. A time to pitch department Christmas wishlists, to review the data, success, failures and observe the all mighty....profit margin -ABSOLUTE VAST MAJORITY of which gets sucked up into the mouths of the shareholders, coffers and not forgetting the potentially hefty Management bonuses - rewarded for successfully hitting targets plus a carrot of even higher bonuses offered for greater cost saving measures. Result: Frontline staff hours continue to decline with now the vast majority on casual or at best PPT provisions, Employee of the month gala awards nights and similar Park cast community events have been scrapped, strict computerised Cast member adherence systems have been fully rolled out across the Stage while more and more new Contract opportunities are outsourced beyond the front gate. Oh and please dont you feel left out on all this Mista Customer - Management just know that you absolutely will not notice all rides open late, being tested from 10 AM -possibly too with insufficient units (trains, staff, sessions, boats etc) no longer made available for predictably busy days. Surely they are doing guests a favour by pushing more out of oversized ride queues and into a nice, cool shop for some retail therapy on a hot summers day? That is of course assuming the said shop is open? Quite possibly not!

OK so I've gone off on a tangent.again.. sorry about that. Maybe this needs its own thread?

QUESTION How do you run a Theme Park without staff?

ANSWER YOU CANT

QUESTION How do you bring out the worst in your ThemePark staff?

ANSWER You treat them like shit

QUESTION How do you successfully shut a ThemePark down?

ANSWER Treat your Customer like shit

I hope you have made it this far guys coz here comes a cruncher that might make some people's hair stand on end.. for this reason whilst hearing it come straight from the horse's mouth - I'll add a little disclaimer by starting with:

MANY YEARS BACK IN ONE SUCH ANNUAL BUDGET MEETING, IT WAS ALLEDGEDLY SAID BY THE TOP DOG "PAY EM PEANUTS, TREAT EM LIKE SHIT AND THAT'S HOW YOU'LL GET THE BEST OUT OF THEM"

Wow..

But its not all doom and gloom.. Management systems in successful businesses around the world are dumping such dark age models in favour of one that is focused on putting the people in the business First, the customer next, profit thirdly and using strong values focusing on leadership, career progression, egalitarianism and a noble selling purpose

Apple can take honors for bringing this concept first to the world stage, since then Google, more locally Telstra kicked things off, more recently optus added more fun and flair and later this year Flight Centre Travel Group is going to take it to the next level -rolling out a drastically new interactive design and revolution to the retail travel experience.

Such enormously successful businesses acknowledge that if they keep doing things the same way, they won't survive in a super paced future where the customer is Paramount

To the Runner's of our Park's, pull your head out of the sand and go and visit your Park's. Talk to your people and with your customers. Get to know them. Ask questions. Get their input and listen to what they are asking for. Read books and learn from success of others.. That's a good place to start and considering I don't even work there, reckon I could run the place a down sight better

PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES IF THIS HAS OFFENDED ANYONE OUT THAT IS CURRENTLY INVOLVED WITH THE SHOW. YOU ARE HERE BECAUSE YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR LOVE OF PARKS, I BELIEVE YOUR PARK OWES YOU A BRIGHTNESS OF FUTURE FOR YOUR DEDICATION AND COMMITMENTS

One of those I really like, one was kind of ok, one was an absolute shock they'd even consider. Not saying anything further due to the agreement. Not sure where any would fit though so that would be interesting. Might consider getting a pass as I can get a VIP for $75 through work.

As for the kids driving school, I think given how popular they are at Lego land, this should be good. It's so annoying seeing everyone bitch about how crap it is. The park could build 15 B&M's and someone on here still won't be happy.

I still say good on them for trying with this. The more I see the more I like and wish I was a kid again.

Edited by reanimated35

One of those I really like, one was kind of ok, one was an absolute shock they'd even consider. Not saying anything further due to the agreement. Not sure where any would fit though so that would be interesting. Might consider getting a pass as I can get a VIP for $75 through work.

As for the kids driving school, I think given how popular they are at Lego land, this should be good. It's so annoying seeing everyone bitch about how crap it is. The park could build 15 B&M's and someone on here still won't be happy.

I still say good on them for trying with this. The more I see the more I like and wish I was a kid again.

I think we are entitled to complain about the installation of the mini cars driving school - what are forums for? Like so many other people I just find the whole idea a disappointment. Just say everyone who filled out the age survey on Parkz went to MW. How many of us could actually ride in the mini cars - two? Probably a few more have kids in that target range, but for the rest of us there will be very little. It's certainly not going to make me want to cross the continent to see it.

When I first went to MW in 1999, I was really impressed with the place. There was plenty to do. Now, if you're an adult and not a coaster fan, you'll be in and out in a couple of hours. I really do think they should have made a LTRR Mark II. If Disney is able to hang on and improve their classic rides - why can't MW? After all, MW should be aspiring to be Disney and not Legoland (whose target market is that age group).

Ok I have to say I think enough is enough about mini cars and the complaining and bitching.

Yes many if you are upset over the decision, but you know what, it's been made and no matter how many posts you keep making they are not going to change their plans and put in the ride you desire.

So could we just move on from this and discuss the ride on its own merits and stop comparing it to what you wanted to be built instead?

So if it isn't taking up the entire building, how much is it taking up? Is it this much or is it less than that:

attachicon.gifmw.jpg

It's about that much. The whole side with the high ceiling, so another attraction may be coming to the other side (unless that side will be the preshow). Road Runner Rollercoaster viewing area is closed off so it might be the entry and "Mini Cars" may have a pre show like LTRR.

(unless that side will be the preshow). Road Runner Rollercoaster viewing area is closed off so it might be the entry and "Mini Cars" may have a pre show like LTRR.

When you say pre-show do you mean like a briefing so the kids know how to control the cars? I think it would be good if the enterance was there and the cut out was the viewing area. Does anyone have any idea of how many cars the ride could have on at once, just an estimate/opinion?