Aussie World Expansion

DazzaM

Went to Aussie World this weekend, and I will say although it's not as big as Infinity the Illusionarium is a great addition to the park and was very popular (20 minute wait, although due to the low capacity too)

The staff at the park were once again awesome, and because I arrived at 3pm when the park closed at 5 the staff at the front gate only charged me and my friend for 1 admission as it was so late in the day. Didn't even ask they just did it. Every single ride had a dedicated staff member, the park was immaculately clean and every single staff member seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Aussie World really has grown in the past few years, and I hope that the park continues to see as much success as it;s been having in the coming years.

Went to Aussie World this weekend, and I will say although it's not as big as Infinity the Illusionarium is a great addition to the park and was very popular (20 minute wait, although due to the low capacity too)

The staff at the park were once again awesome, and because I arrived at 3pm when the park closed at 5 the staff at the front gate only charged me and my friend for 1 admission as it was so late in the day. Didn't even ask they just did it. Every single ride had a dedicated staff member, the park was immaculately clean and every single staff member seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Aussie World really has grown in the past few years, and I hope that the park continues to see as much success as it;s been having in the coming years.

Isn't the park usually almost empty?

Isn't the park usually almost empty?

Not comparatively. For the size and aims of the park, it's usually quite well patronised. On that note - the park (in my view) doesn't aim to target full-day tourists. They aim to capture people making a stop on the highway on the way to somewhere else. They aren't yet a 'destination' in their own right yet.

While we're on the topic - I'm not attempting to closet moderate, but as it's already been said by a Mod - please allow me to repeat - would you mind not quoting things unless it's actually relevant to what you're saying?

• 3 weeks later...

I had my first ever visit to Aussie World today. Been in Queensland just over 2 months now and decided it was time to spread my wings a little from the Gold Coast, just for a change.

I can't add much to what's already been said in this thread and on the main site update.

I will say that my favourite part by far was Professor Boggleworth Illusionarium. I absolutely LOVE that sort of experience!

It was worth the trip, and I will go again.

I won't be there anywhere near as often as I go to the Gold Coast parks. There's no annual pass and the journey takes about 90 minutes from where I live (2.5hours today due to roadworks)! Still very glad I went though!

I took the family on the last Friday of the recent holidays and I would definitely say the park was busy. The car park was overflowing and the park had people everywhere. Despite this queues were minimal or a walk on for most attractions. Every ride had it's own operator, with the exception of the Wild Mouse and the Illusionarium, which both had two.

Our longest wait for the day was for the Illusionarium, for which we waited close to 40 minutes. We had gotten close to the front of the queue when a technical malfunction caused about a 10 minute delay. A door wouldn't open causing a group to get stuck in the attraction for a short while, but a maintenance guy was on the scene very quickly and they resumed sending groups through. The attraction is well done, but as has been mentioned by others is rather low in capacity. Having said that I don't imagine it will be too much of an issue once the initial hype of it being the newest attraction dies down.

The only other waits were about 10 minutes for the Plunge and 5 or so for the Wild Mouse. Everything else you got onto the next cycle.

Another thing I was impressed by was that on arrival we were informed that 2 rides were closed for the day. The octopus is under going maintenance and the Dark Rebel was also closed. However, around 2pm I noticed movement at the Dark Rebel and it opened for the remainder of the day. I thought this was pretty decent considering they could have easily left it closed for the remainder of the day and nobody would've had cause to complain.

Overall, the park is looking great with plenty of shaded areas and seating. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Special mention goes to the guy operating the 'Giggle Go Round,' a kids ride with cars and planes which have the most annoying horns in them. I was only standing by the ride while the kids had one turn and the horns were driving me crazy. However despite how irritating they were the operator was great with the kids, smiling, waving to them and blocking his hears in mock horror as the kids honked the horn at him, then high-fiving them when they got off. I didn't get his name, but I tip my hat to him, he definitely gets what working in a theme park is all about.

My only gripe with the park is the overly excessive height restrictions on a number of the rides and the subsequent lack of things to go on for kids under 100cm. For example the Plunge requires riders be over 100cm. By comparison Dreamworld requires children be over 1 year old and accompanied to ride their log ride, and Seaworld and Movieworld have a minimum height of 95cm on their flumes. Even the new kiddie coaster requires children be over 100cm. Surely there could be a lower level for accompanied children. For this reason we won't head back to the park until our youngest gets over the 100cm mark, as he is rather fearless and was upset he couldn't go on most things (if it was up to him he would've gone on the Wild Mouse though). The other restrictions seem quite high too. Not sure how they compare to other parks with similar rides, but 130cm for the Wave Swinger seems a bit steep.

Overall Aussie World is a great little park which is coming ahead in leaps and bounds. I look forward to seeing what they add next.

My only gripe with the park is the overly excessive height restrictions on a number of the rides and the subsequent lack of things to go on for kids under 100cm. For example the Plunge requires riders be over 100cm. By comparison Dreamworld requires children be over 1 year old and accompanied to ride their log ride, and Seaworld and Movieworld have a minimum height of 95cm on their flumes. Even the new kiddie coaster requires children be over 100cm. Surely there could be a lower level for accompanied children. For this reason we won't head back to the park until our youngest gets over the 100cm mark, as he is rather fearless and was upset he couldn't go on most things (if it was up to him he would've gone on the Wild Mouse though). The other restrictions seem quite high too. Not sure how they compare to other parks with similar rides, but 130cm for the Wave Swinger seems a bit steep.

Overall Aussie World is a great little park which is coming ahead in leaps and bounds. I look forward to seeing what they add next.

It's the height restriction reason that I haven't yet been to Aussie World - I have a 3 year old (just over 100cm), and a 6 year old (120cm), and they're both keen for faster rides, but looking at the website, they'd mostly be restricted to what my elder child would call 'baby rides'.

^ It still is a good day out though. Your eldest would miss out on 5 rides, being the Wildmouse, Redback, Ballroom Blitz, Octopus & Dark Rebel. And the 3 year old would miss out on even more, but in fairness there are probably still more things for them to do than at say Sea World (excluding the animal exhibits of course, although hopefully that will change with their new kid's area) or Movie World.