2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

Just been to a private event with a few thousand people at Dreamworld with many of the rides opens. And since I haven't been to the park in about year, here's my little review and update on things I noticed.

The new range of food options was really good, and the styling they've gone for is pretty cool. I got one slice of pizza from Dough's Bros. and despite it being $9.90 it was really filling and that's all I had to eat all night (and I'm usually someone who eats a lot). I was happy to see that they've removed the cramped themed queue line space in Buzz Saw, all they need to do is add more railings in, but it definetly makes the temperature in the space a lot more comfortable. The upgrade to the fencing along side river rapids is a lot better as well. Some of the paint work in the queue space of wipeout has worn off a bit and you can start to see the older colour underneath. The broken plane on Tail Spin was still off. The cyclone was as rough as ever, and can't wait for them to upgrade the train and lift hill. The new V8 Supercars area has all of its groundwork done. Now the fencing was down around the old eureka enter mace I had a quick look at the space, and really it just appears that they've just stripped it back. The DW globe was impressive and bigger than I was expecting, a lot of people were getting their photo taken in front of it, including myself. I'm surprised they haven't included a properly railing yet for safety reasons. And finally, the new tvs included playing music videos for the songs playing, and advertising some things in the park I didn't think was too bad; not something major, but could work well for marketing specials, events, etc.

Edited by themagician

I dare say the reason they have left the broken TS carriage on there is because last time round it took weeks for them to get replacement parts in from O/S, and they had it closed for that entire duration. And this was following 2 previous closures as well in which the ride had been malfunctioning.

At least if they just strip the broken plane back, they can keep the ride running in the meanwhile (especially during the school holidays, when all Big9 are expected to be fully functional and operating) whilst they wait for the replacement parts to arrive.

As tacky as it looks, I totally understand their reasoning!

Does anyone know when Cyclone closes to get redone?

Well it was suppose to be from the 12/10 but it closed last month for 2 days with Dreamworld posting it in red under the opening hours of park like ocean girl pointed out. But then it also closed for the same on 30/9 to the 1/10 and that's as much as Dreamworlds  informed us about as of yet.

Where's push when you need him? 

Anyway, back on topic - I haven't been to DW in ages, but obviously they're working on Cyclone and the Supercars area, but what about the rest of the park? Has there been much more of a tidy up or anything?

Las time I went, the area under shockwave was a dumpster.

Has there been anything happen over the other side of the park? Around the animals/vintage cars area?

Where's push when you need him? 

Anyway, back on topic - I haven't been to DW in ages, but obviously they're working on Cyclone and the Supercars area, but what about the rest of the park? Has there been much more of a tidy up or anything?

Las time I went, the area under shockwave was a dumpster.

Has there been anything happen over the other side of the park? Around the animals/vintage cars area?

Nah, no differences over that side, at least not when I visited last. Most of the work seems to be going on under the Cyclone, behind Shark Bites. That and the cosmetic work around the park in general.

Last time I went into Redline a few weeks back, the girl behind the counter told me it (Redline) was supposed to be closing this month - October - sometime for the expected renos and upgrades. Athough she didn't mention a specific date. Alas, the month is still young. I would suspect the Cyclone will probably close simultaneously when Redline does, along with Shark Bites, since they are all getting the same treatment.

My guess would be that it will happen sometime between now and the December school holidays :)