2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

4 hours ago, Santa07 said:

VEST HARNESS WHOPEE

Those trains look so great up-close! How did these people get to go on it?

Well given that one of them is V8 Supercars driver James Courtney, it's fairly safe to say it was a soft/media opening. (The guy beside him is really familiar too but I'm not a Holden fan).

The car looks great. I'm slightly concerned over the lack of obvious change in the station. Looks like the only thing replaced so far is the baskets. Doesn't look like the repainted the floor. Wouldn't be too surprised if all the cobwebs are still there too. 

The outside of the ride (entry) looks great though. I really hope they just don't drop the ball on the inside. 

Not bad inside. Wonder if the dumped paint is still on the floor?

486072235fb817c15ea30881897837d9.jpg

Also had a little read of the post and it turns out lots of people beside us enthusiasts are disappointed.

" So it's not a new ride. It's just the old roller coaster and they changed the look. I was all excited over nothing lol"

"  Its not new its just the cyclone! Just like arkham is the lethal weopon. Lame!! "

"  They so need to stop recycling attractions and just build new ones  "

I am relatively worried watching the video that the coaster is still rough. Thankfully with the new vest restraints it wont be as bad as before :)

I was laughing at this one for ages:

Aka thunderbolt and cyclone only its got a new coat of paint  "

Easily one of the worst things the GP have said.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

The GP need to learn to appreciate that refubs like this can really make a ride special, it's not all about getting a new rollerocaster.

I remember once in the ToT queue some random guy asked his friend 'If this is the Tower of Terror 2, then what's the Tower of Terror 1?' and his friend replied 'Oh, that's the one that goes up the tower and drops you'. That's probably the funniest one I've heard.

13 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Well given that one of them is V8 Supercars driver James Courtney, it's fairly safe to say it was a soft/media opening. (The guy beside him is really familiar too but I'm not a Holden fan).

The car looks great. I'm slightly concerned over the lack of obvious change in the station. Looks like the only thing replaced so far is the baskets. Doesn't look like the repainted the floor. Wouldn't be too surprised if all the cobwebs are still there too. 

The outside of the ride (entry) looks great though. I really hope they just don't drop the ball on the inside. 

Guy beside him is Luke Hodge Hawthorn Football Club

I'm trying to reserve judgment until I actually ride, but what I'm a little bit disappointed in is how the ride still reeks of the Cyclone. I understand about budgets and time, as they're major restrictions in any project, but that queue line still looks identical to its previous incarnation (except with a different turbine and a new colour scheme). Maybe my very early view will change once I actually experience the ride.

What I'm interested to see next is whether operations have improved. If DW is hyping this up to be their big holiday addition, then they better be prepared for crowds.

It's really weird how everyone on judged this before they saw anything as being total crap, and then when they saw what to be fair, are pretty mediocre pictures of the queue, were like 'OMG Dreamworld waaay passed my expectations, I'm so impressed!'.  What did you think they were going to do?  Paint the name of the ride on a bit of cardboard, miss spelling some of the words?  This is totally inline with what I thought they'd do, make it look nice, and splash a bit of paint and branding around the place.  Really nothing even a little bit special.

Like I've said previously, I don't really care about the themeing upgrades (which are *fine*), it's all about the new train for me, and they look like they could be a real improvement, and I am really looking forward to giving it a go.

1 hour ago, joz said:

It's really weird how everyone on judged this before they saw anything as being total crap, and then when they saw what to be fair, are pretty mediocre pictures of the queue, were like 'OMG Dreamworld waaay passed my expectations, I'm so impressed!'.  What did you think they were going to do?  Paint the name of the ride on a bit of cardboard, miss spelling some of the words?  This is totally inline with what I thought they'd do, make it look nice, and splash a bit of paint and branding around the place.  Really nothing even a little bit special.

Like I've said previously, I don't really care about the themeing upgrades (which are *fine*), it's all about the new train for me, and they look like they could be a real improvement, and I am really looking forward to giving it a go.

Well, I thought they were going to slap on a sign, keep the queue lines the wrong way round, remove the turbine and the old Cyclone theming and put nothing in the building. 

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

Very impressive the beat box, Sidewinder and V8 museum any one going to be there for the ribbon cutting on boxing day.  

Unfortunately as of tomorrow our Dreamworld passes will have expired ??? So no... looks like our ride on the Hot Wheels coaster will have to wait. 

10 hours ago, joz said:

It's really weird how everyone on judged this before they saw anything as being total crap, and then when they saw what to be fair, are pretty mediocre pictures of the queue, were like 'OMG Dreamworld waaay passed my expectations, I'm so impressed!'.

I think it all looks great, but I am standing by my opinion that a fresh coat of new, bolder paint colours on the track really would have done wonders, not to mention it would have helped to make it stand out more to passing traffic on the M1.