Jamberoo Action Park Expansion

zacsta_1997

That seems like such a great idea given how much people use their phones nowadays. I wonder if more theme parks across the world start doing this. I also think some strobe lights inside the slide to simulate lightning in some of the dark sections. Would be good.

Edited by Tim Dasco

@Tim Dasco, in case you didn't know, Jamberoo has confirmed lights will be inside The Perfect Storm:

On 15/08/2016 at 9:59 PM, Jobe said:

Jamberoo Action Park have confirmed what we expected that the large end Tornado of the Perfect Storm will definitely be enclosed and will be subject to lights and special effects.

We just don't know what type of lights yet but I'm expecting (and hoping for) white strobe lights too.

Also, I should have been more specific in my park map post - I was referring to external theming only.

@Tim Dasco, that's good. I thought I'd just mention about my park map post anyway in case anyone else thought I was referring to both internal & external theming.

I thought people with epilepsy would be a problem but then again, all theme park rides have safety signs stating what medical conditions could have an effect on public safety, a person's current health state & the enjoyment of the ride for all participants. Adding epilepsy to the list of medical conditions for The Perfect Storm probably would make it no different to other rides. In the end, I think Jamberoo could just turn off any strobe lights if someone with epilepsy wanted to ride it.

True.

I saw this photo of Funnel Web's safety sign a few weeks ago and after just looking at it again, I think people with epilepsy would be no problem for the Park (even though it is unfortunate) as people with epilepsy are already not even allowed to ride Funnel Web at least. This might mean enclosed waterslides are universally off limits to people with epilepsy due to either the ride's speed, the transition from dark to light or if included, the little holes they insert in the enclosed sections that let a little bit of light in. Maybe a combination of those factors might be the reason they are not allowed to ride too:

Funnel Web Safety Sign.jpg

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Jamberoo is going to the max for theming in The Perfect Storm's new television commercial:

That's what I expect from Gold Coast theme parks! It's unlikely but I hope they put that video (extended and designed to run on a loop) on televisions in the queue line for The Perfect Storm as it would improve the theming dramatically even if it got repetitive for visitors after multiple rides.

Jamberoo Action Park's 2016/2017 season begins in 4 days but I'm still not sure if The Perfect Storm will opened then too.

15 minutes ago, SuperV said:

I'm still really confused with why they built another tornado!!??!!?

Yeah, still confused too as it looks odd from the outside but remember, it is an enclosed Tornado with lights, special effects and possibly theming inside. When the theming is placed on top of the Tornado like shown on the park map, I'm sure it will look distinct from the outside also.

40 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Judging from the video, it looks like they still got to install theming on the Tornado portion & construct the small tubes shelter.

The small tubes shelter is also on an angle - I wonder if it will eventually be themed to a rusted corrugated galvanised iron-roofed wooden building (with a concrete chimney) like in The Perfect Storm's promotions?

3 hours ago, Aw hype said:

...why the hell would you get another tornado?

Yeah, a very questionable choice regarding it's timing as it looks odd (from the outside) being built right next to Funnel Web, one of the most recent rides. But remember, The Perfect Storm's Tornado is enclosed with lights, special effects and possibly theming inside. When the theming is placed on top of the Tornado like shown on the park map, I'm sure it will look distinct from the outside also.

...why not do a triple bowl slide instead of a triple tornado.

The original plan for this development was to feature a Behemoth Bowl at the end but Jamberoo decided not to go through with it:

On 17/06/2015 at 11:24 AM, Jamberoo Action Park said:

...because new ride technologies available...

Is it jealousy of kraken pulling in all the records?

It's very unlikely they are trying to beat Adventure World. Funnel Web & Kraken are actually pretty much very even in the records so no need to try to beat them particularly when the parks are over 3000 kilometres apart.

But remember, The Perfect Storm's Tornado is enclosed with lights, special effects and possibly theming inside. When the theming is placed on top of the Tornado like shown on the park map, I'm sure it will look distinct from the outside also.

But why not place those lights and internal / external theming on another type of slide?

16 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

The Perfect Storm did open today!:

perfectstorm-nowopen.gif 

Judging from the video, it looks like they still got to install theming on the Tornado portion & construct the small tubes shelter.

They just dug themselves a big hole with the bs coming out of their mouths. Fastest waterslide ever? I think not bloody aqua loops are faster. All in all, very poor scripting from jamberoo.

18 minutes ago, Gazza said:

But why not place those lights and internal / external theming on another type of slide?

Exactly. An enclosed bowl slide can accomodate lights and sfx. If you ask me, having a variety (bowl and tornado) is better than two tornados. If anything, they should have made it a kiddie version of the funnel web.

I'm also confused as to why Jamberoo decided on another Tornado for a new slide?? And they chose very similar colour schemes???:wacko: There are plenty of other high capacity raft waterslides they could have installed. As @Aw hype said, an enclosed Behemoth Bowl with sound and lightning effects would have been perfect for this theme.

Edited by Luke

12 hours ago, Gazza said:

True - Behemoth Bowls are very well known to incorporate lights & internal/external theming. I still think they could have left it as a Behemoth Bowl finale & themed it to a dust storm with the ride called 'The Dust Bowl'. In the end, I was only pointing out where The Perfect Storm is distinct from Funnel Web.

11 hours ago, Aw hype said:

They just dug themselves a big hole with the bs coming out of their mouths. Fastest waterslide ever? I think not bloody aqua loops are faster. All in all, very poor scripting from jamberoo.

Yeah, Jamberoo were not technically accurate there. In the end, it depended on how they defined 'waterslide'. It is clearly a tube waterslide & not a body waterslide so they might mean fastest tube waterslide at least? The general public won't notice the technicality so 1 less word would make up heaps in visitors numbers & revenue.

11 hours ago, Aw hype said:

If you ask me, having a variety (bowl and tornado) is better than two tornados. If anything, they should have made it a kiddie version of the funnel web.

That was originally the plan (but with 2 smaller Tornadoes rather than just 1 large Tornado). I don't think they would've built a Kidz Tornado when they already got plans for an interactive water play area.

11 hours ago, Luke said:

I'm also confused as to why Jamberoo decided on another Tornado for a new slide??

Well according to Jamberoo Action Park:

On 17/06/2015 at 11:24 AM, Jamberoo Action Park said:

... because new ride technologies available...

11 hours ago, Luke said:

And they chose very similar colour schemes???:wacko:

Jamberoo residents are highly concerned about the colours of new developments at the Park - the choice of colours was what mainly held up the Kangaroo Island development for about 5 years. They probably chose similar colours because firstly, the residents would be happy with it & secondly, it fits the storm theme.

9 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Yeah, Jamberoo were not technically accurate there. In the end, it depended on how they defined 'waterslide'. It is clearly a tube waterslide & not a body waterslide so they might mean fastest tube waterslide at least? The general public won't notice the technicality so 1 less word would make up heaps in visitors numbers & revenue.

I would have thought that Verruckt would hold fastest tube slide. Unlikely a tornado is going to take that away from something that is just raw drop \ speed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verrückt_(water_slide)