2016 for Movie World

13 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Everyone looks great except the knee pads 

I thought this when I first saw the new suit, but someone else recently posted the comic version, and the comic character has very pronounced kneecaps. I think in some way this might be seeking to emulate this, whilst also providing the actor with something suitably comfortable to kneel on whilst posing for photos with small children.

dc-superman-comics-new-52-design.jpg

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I thought this when I first saw the new suit, but someone else recently posted the comic version, and the comic character has very pronounced kneecaps. I think in some way this might be seeking to emulate this, whilst also providing the actor with something suitably comfortable to kneel on whilst posing for photos with small children.

dc-superman-comics-new-52-design.jpg

Ah Fair enough. I'd missed that one. Makes sense now, but still looks slightly odd. 

"Construction of the Topgolf attraction is anticipated to begin within the next few months and will span across 15 acres. Construction of the building and driving range is planned to be next to a new nine-storey hotel and lakeside precinct."

https://brisbanedevelopment.com/35-million-topgolf-attraction-coming-movie-world/

^That's right but the information they are getting for the hotel and lakeside precinct is not from MW.  That information is from this website.  MW will not be calling it a lakeside precinct.  That news article was pretty much a cut & paste of the bulletin article.  Bulletin often take information from Parkz.  MW has not come out and talked about the hotel or lakeside precinct.  If MW had released this information we would know where the lakeside precinct is located and what is in it.  The location and what is it is only speculation at the moment.

@pushbuttonWelcome back.  There is a lot you have missed.  Might I suggest you re-read every topic since you have been away.

Edited by skeetafly

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

This photo from The Theme Park Social Network on Facebook shows a large grassed area adjacent the carpark entry surrounded by construction fencing. 

Anyone know what's going in this area?

@pushbutton You mean these? ;)

As the following discussion explained, it's pretty sure it's believed to be the location of the soon to be announced new rollercoaster, with Topgolf being built closer to AOS. But it's not confirmed at this stage.

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

This photo from The Theme Park Social Network on Facebook shows a large grassed area adjacent the carpark entry surrounded by construction fencing. 

Anyone know what's going in this area?

FB_IMG_1469074777181.jpg

I'm at MW at the moment. Effects on Scooby better than I've ever seen them before. I won't spoil it by saying how. 

Department store closed "while they create more movie magic". I hope that is exactly what they will do!

Fenced site is big. Could be the hotel location. Would make sense as guests wouldn't have to walk across the car park to move between the hotel and theme park. 

Exciting!

2 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Effects on Scooby better than I've ever seen them before. I won't spoil it by saying how. 

How? I went on it on Sunday, and I didn't think it was anything more special than usual. Except the door opened as you left the station, and the disco room had a few extra colours in the laser.

I keep forgetting how much a few of us talk outside of this forum. Fenced off area has been discussed as the location for the new rollercoaster and Topgolf. Hotel has been lightly mentioned and has been proposed that it may be going on the grass overflow carpark. All has been officially unconfirmed though.