2016 for Movie World

41 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Yep.. sounds terrible tbh.. 

35 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

It's a nice idea of them to utilise the space, it just sounds like it could have been done better.

Capture.JPG

You are literally judging this based on nothing more than 5 words, 1 number and a colon. 

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Capture.JPG

You are literally judging this based on nothing more than 5 words, 1 number and a colon. 

Yeah I am... Go carts.. Small petrol powered vehicles, not traditionally used for stunting, don't jump particularly well, in no way fit in with the only recently remodelled set, due to being small in size, will be easily lost amongst a large arena, oh, and finally, both recent versions of HWSD have been disappointing in my opinion so I am also adding bad form...

7 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Yeah I am... Go carts.. Small petrol powered vehicles, not traditionally used for stunting, don't jump particularly well, in no way fit in with the only recently remodelled set, due to being small in size, will be easily lost amongst a large arena, oh, and finally, both recent versions of HWSD have been disappointing in my opinion so I am also adding bad form...

What's to say it won't be a karting upcharge? 

I don't think you'll find cold hydraulics has anything to do with it.

More likely its friction.

What you need to remember is that these rides are calibrated extremely closely. When first installed, coaster trains come with a mix of polyurethane and nylon wheels. During testing, the manufacturer may trim the train by swapping some of these wheels out in different places in order to get the best performance, and the right speed. As wheels and track wear, maintenance may do modifications and adjustments in order to keep the train properly trimmed.

Superman has run the rails for quite some time with little or no paint on the tractor (running) surface. Now that the entire track has got a completely new coat of paint, several things may be impacting the ride's ability to get over the top hat:

• increased thickness of track (only microns) means less 'play' between running and upstop wheels, more 'grab' and therefore more friction
  • the painted surface itself most likely causes more friction to the wheels than a bare steel rail, and therefore more friction
  • The wheel combination currently installed may be 'slow' wheels to compensate for the faster speeds achieved by the missing paint. They may need to change some wheels to the faster wheel materials to compensate.
  • The winch system - having undergone over a decade of minor adjustments to keep the launch speed aligned has potentially been programmed to throw less power into the cable because of the speed of bare steel rails, and now needs to be reprogrammed. Remember - the launch system weighs the train in order to calculate the force required to get it over. So the ride is now weighing the train as it did several months ago, but not putting as much effort into the launch, because it is still calibrated to the fast running of bare steel.
Edited by AlexB

This - thanks to coaster 101:

Most steel roller coasters today generally use two main types of tire material: nylon and polyurethane. There are advantages and disadvantages for each type. The nylon wheel is a hard plastic while the polyurethane is a softer material. Nylon wheels vibrate a little more and put more wear into the track, making it a rougher ride but also results in a little bit faster of a ride. Polyurethane is a softer material and reduces the vibration, providing a smoother ride. It provides more friction and slows the ride down due to a higher rolling resistance. The speed of the coaster can be affected by mixing and matching wheels, which parks may do in order to keep the ride running within its specified performance window. To achieve a perfect balance between all of the demanding requirements requires a  lot of testing.

32 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I don't think you'll find cold hydraulics has anything to do with it.

More likely its friction.

What you need to remember is that these rides are calibrated extremely closely. When first installed, coaster trains come with a mix of polyurethane and nylon wheels. During testing, the manufacturer may trim the train by swapping some of these wheels out in different places in order to get the best performance, and the right speed. As wheels and track wear, maintenance may do modifications and adjustments in order to keep the train properly trimmed.

Superman has run the rails for quite some time with little or no paint on the tractor (running) surface. Now that the entire track has got a completely new coat of paint, several things may be impacting the ride's ability to get over the top hat:

• increased thickness of track (only microns) means less 'play' between running and upstop wheels, more 'grab' and therefore more friction
  • the painted surface itself most likely causes more friction to the wheels than a bare steel rail, and therefore more friction
  • The wheel combination currently installed may be 'slow' wheels to compensate for the faster speeds achieved by the missing paint. They may need to change some wheels to the faster wheel materials to compensate.
  • The winch system - having undergone over a decade of minor adjustments to keep the launch speed aligned has potentially been programmed to throw less power into the cable because of the speed of bare steel rails, and now needs to be reprogrammed. Remember - the launch system weighs the train in order to calculate the force required to get it over. So the ride is now weighing the train as it did several months ago, but not putting as much effort into the launch, because it is still calibrated to the fast running of bare steel.

That would make sense to me if they painted where the wheels contacted the track.TEST.jpg

Edited by YLFATEEKS