2016 for Movie World

Even if they don't remove any bays. They will still need more bays in that area. They need bays to now account for the Hotel, Top Golf (Lakeside and Entertainment developments) and bays for the increase of attendance at MW and WNW as a result of more people coming onto their property to visit their new attractions and new Roller Coaster ;). If all these developments are going to spread from MW to WNW connecting them together and allowing for a path going from start to end. It would make sense to have a large carpark at MW end and another large carpark at WNW end. With one carpark in the middle of course for the hotel. As a hotel needs it own carpark for guest to have their cars.

9 hours ago, pin142 said:

Those complaining about distance from the car park to the gate have never been to a US park. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and even Magic Mountain to a point have car parks that aren't exactly close to the entrance. They run a shuttle bus from the entrance to the car park at both parks.

Yeah a lot of US parks do that, but would you expect one of our aussie parks to fork out money for that?

41 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Yeah a lot of US parks do that, but would you expect one of our aussie parks to fork out money for that?

The cost of a mini bus, hell even a full size bus, in comparison to the $100m+ investments we are seeing is a insignificant. Once purchased, all you are up for is fuel, for a less than 1km found journey, and upkeep. 

found this on MW's Facebook, better look of this new carpark image.jpeg

source:  William Owen Jones

The Gold Coast Bulletin this weekend have reported on the proposed new 750+ space visitor carpark for Warner Bros. Movie World.

The application was received last week from Village Roadshow for their long held vacant land on the northern side of Kopps Road.

It's early days with the officers in regards to assessment.  

The site backs on to four residential properties on California Drive, and any concerns regarding increased traffic, noise, lighting, amenity and landscaping will all need to be addressed.

What the new carpark could do, if built, is help free up a large section of the existing Movieworld for further development of rides, attractions and ancillary uses (such as the long mooted Hotel).

Edited by Theme Park Ninja
added more information

Carpark looks nice - lots of trees etc. But it'll be hard for pedestrians (no dedicated paths) and a confusing layout with one exit/entry point. Might work for a shopping centre with staggered peak times, but not a theme park. It would be fine for any entertainment/hotel precinct, and perhaps overflow. But I definitely don't like the idea of it for usual trade.

13 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Do you mean like the current  car park that has one entry point and no dedicated pedestrian paths?

lol

Nope it doesn't. And we've already mentioned here that it is no gold standard, in fact it's poorly designed. If they're going to the trouble of doing a major overhaul, shouldn't they make some improvements? The old carpark also has a better layout than this new proposal, but it is for a fair few more cars. But anyway, back on topic...

Edited by ash.1111

Whilst I realise its a much greater expense to go multideck (plus the locals probably wouldn't like it) but i really think its a missed opportunity here to go upwards before the rest of the land is developed.

I also foresee a chokepoint coming out of the carpark, turning left onto Kopps road to head towards the highway ramps. 

I agree with what was mentioned earlier about a second carpark being needed down near Wet N Wild. I think they'd do very well to then install a mass-transit system to travel between the attractions - a monorail perhaps, although shuttle buses would probably be cheaper and easier.

Just now, ash.1111 said:

Nope it doesn't. And we've already mentioned here that it is no gold standard, in fact it's poorly designed. If they're going to the trouble of doing a major overhaul, shouldn't they make some improvements? It also does have a better layout than this new proposal, but it is for a fair few more cars. But anyway, back on topic...

This is on topic. The new car park is part of the 2016 improvements. 

Not a fan of the parking spaces in these corners as it looks a bit tight on paper. 

carpark.jpg

IMO it will be pretty bad for traffic on Kopps road. I assume it might get an upgrade though. 

I definitely like the idea of multi-level carparks, but don't see it happening unfortunately. I think some shuttle trams like they used to have at the studio tour/Paradise Country would work well.

2 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

This is on topic. The new car park is part of the 2016 improvements. 

Not a fan of the parking spaces in these corners as it looks a bit tight on paper. 

carpark.jpg

IMO it will be pretty bad for traffic on Kopps road. I assume it might get an upgrade though. 

I actually didn't see that the new carpark is accessed from Kopps Rd (no idea of the local roads down there). But I did see it looks like a road bridge is planned (it's very faint, but it's there).

17 minutes ago, UpperCoomera said:

Okay, thanks @reanimated35.

At least I now know it was a slight against me and then said contributor goes and suggests a monorail. Like it was said

This isn't RTC you know.....

Said contributor was @bladex who hasn't said a word about a monorail.

Are you confusing @bladex with me? I'm insulted.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the next year or 2 has in store for Movieworld.

About the carpark, no structure above 9 metres or 3 stories will be approved without a lot of money changing hands, oh oops, I mean without alot of development/environmental/impact studies done. 4 residents won't get the project stopped, know that from personal experience, but traffic control and traffic movement just might be the undoing. A sealed carpark is more likely with entry/exit from the existing carpark to the new one (like an overflow) with a bridge (or access ramp as the legal people will call it). 

They will be required to put in place buffers between new development and existing lots, voiding any warranted concern from nearby interests