Movie World Fright Nights 2016

Just now, Theme Park Girl said:

Lol, was wondering when they were gonna start decorating for FN, given the event is only 6 days away! Thanks @JaggedJanine ?

I'm going to be here everyday this week or as much as I can when im not working to make sure i get photos to post here of all the new stuff going up.

4 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

I'm going to be here everyday this week or as much as I can when im not working to make sure i get photos to post here of all the new stuff going up.

That's a lot of Movie World, you probably deserve a medal for that kind of extreme patronage!

Hahaha sorry I didn't word that properly, I was saying instead of having the plain board on top of the Movie World sign, instead having the pumpkin head/mask that's on the Halloween precinct poster as a new entrance and having having the eyes glow, assuming that that precinct is in the fountain area. I hope I made myself clear now :P

47 minutes ago, JaggedJanine said:

Just a quick question. Have you actually asked TPAIO if you can share her photos or do you just post them saying they belong to her??

Isn't this exactly what all our theme parks do on a daily basis when they co-opt others' Instagram/FB photos for their own pages? Or how the entire Internet and social media works these days?

Sharing photos from other sources is completely fine provided credit is provided.

I think it's ok so long as credit is given, although in terms of your theme park example - i know for a fact that VRTP will ask permission before doing so, i believe on every occasion - sometimes to the frustration of people who say 'its always ok to use my photos' - they still ask.

I always ask permission and always prefer to be asked. @Theme Park Girl will always ask as well. TPAIO is not on this forum and had no idea that someone has been sharing her photos here for a while now. I assumed that she had been asked before talking to her today. She said she doesn't fully mind but she prefers to be asked so she was made aware that her photos were actually ending up on here.

To me the test should be:

1. Is someone trying to pass someone else's content off as their own, implicitly or explicitly?
  2. Is the content for any purpose other than the sharing of news/knowledge/information?
  3. Is someone trying to gain hits/likes/money/traffic by sharing the content?

If the answer is no to all of these then I see no issue either legally or morally. We've had content borrowed/shared/stolen from Parkz by other sites, forums, FB pages and even theme parks and major news outlets for 14+ years now... this is just my view obviously, but at this point I couldn't care less so long as there's appropriate credit given.

As long as credit is given, no problems at all. This forum has always worked that way. We don't try and pass off others efforts & work as our own, but we share what is open and available for all to see on social media platforms. 

If people are too prescious and don't like that occurring they should maybe keep their photos on their computer rather than putting them in the public domain

Just now, ClassifiedLlama said:

I need some advice...

Im going to Fright Nights this Saturday (first time) and from what ive been told, its going to be crazy busy.

So, is there any suggestions on what I should do first to get most out of my night? Instead of having to wait in lines all the time.

Thanks

get there before they drop the rope and do the two big mazes first, also worth mentioning the first night last year was really quite, I'm hoping that's case again 

also worth mentioning me and my mate brought the $45 Fast Track pass last year as I heard how bad the queues were in 2014, we managed to get all the mazes done twice, (once with Fast Track and one time without Fast Track expect for WC2 because attendant didn't check our passes the first time we went in which gave us another go during the night)  Evil Within was the longest we had to line up that night, 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja