Star Tour All Access Pass - Behind the scenes at Movie World

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to scrape together money for the 24th too actually. 

Getting transport there too might also be a problem for me, don't have my license yet (still on my Ls), so hopefully I'll be able to bribe a parent or someone to supervise me in the early hours of the morning :P .

Edited by Santa07

1 hour ago, jcgoldcoast said:

My partner & I are booked in for the 24th - super excited for the tour! Any tips from anyone thats been before?

> Show up on time

> Don't take photos of things they ask you not to take photos of

> Keep your damn mouth shut when they tell you not to talk about certain things publicly

I was so excited when Star Tour - All Access Pass was announced - it's a theme park enthusiast's dream come true. I just hope the tours are still running when I'm next at the Gold Coast, which is likely to be years away. When Wild West Falls reopens in a few weeks time, does anyone think there is a chance the tour will visit the ride-on photo camera at the top of the mountain?

I watching videos of Wild West Falls a few weeks ago and noticed that, compared to viewing near Rio Bravo Outfitters, there seems to actually be a fair amount of room to walk (for a few people, at least) around near the camera. It would be a great perspective of seeing the ride in operation if it featured as part of the tour.

Pause at 05:28 to see the ride-on photo camera (video automatically starts at 05:21):

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

10 minutes ago, themagician said:

Despite that being cool. I highly doubt WWF would be brought to the Tour due to safety issue of being near water. And walking up the side of the final drop while the ride is operating would be a big no too.

Already asked them about this. 

There is no confirmation that we would take guests into Wild West falls at this stage, even in adverse weather. Once the refurbishment is complete we would need to do a full OH&S review before considering that option.

24 minutes ago, themagician said:

Despite that being cool. I highly doubt WWF would be brought to the Tour due to safety issue of being near water. And walking up the side of the final drop while the ride is operating would be a big no too.

A climb up the side of the final drop is impossible but if you meant the side of the final lift hill, whilst possible, during operations it would definitely be a big no like you said.

If Wild West Falls was in the tour, I think you would rarely go anywhere near the water anyway. Most things you already see on the ride and most of the ride is outdoors. All I can imagine from a Wild West Falls tour is seeing how the effects work in the back outdoor flume section (mainly the ghost town) from a safe position back of house as well as a climb through the mountain (not up the lift hill but the back of house area behind the mountain which has a series of staircases). I might be wrong but I feel there is another way to access the ride-on photo camera than via the lift hill. I think there might be a walkway that goes under the lift hill to the ride-on photo camera (judging from the video I embedded, the ride-on photo camera is significantly lower in height than the lift hill after all). If it is safe to walk under the lift hill to the ride-on photo camera (either during or not during operation), it would be a great vantage point anyway.

13 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Already asked them about this. 

Thanks for that @reanimated35. Judging from their response, it may still be possible for the ride to feature.

Probably worth mentioning that at this stage, all of the backstage ride components are outside of the park's operating hours anyway. The only one you get to see in action is SDSC, and that is from the safety of the lower floor, well underneath the track. 

I can see a backstage walk of WWF possibly being added to the Star Tour later down the track, but for those reasons, I can't see it happening whilst the ride is in operation. If anything it would be whilst it's in maintenance mode. 

14 hours ago, jcgoldcoast said:

My partner & I are booked in for the 24th - super excited for the tour! Any tips from anyone thats been before?

Yeah, enjoy yourself on the tour, have fun and learn heaps/get out of it whatever your after. But most of all, don't be a dick about it and come back on the forums telling everyone how you know all this info but can't say anything and then try and abuse other members for talking about something they saw on a PUBLIC tour.

:) 

1 hour ago, downunder said:

I've been looking to book, but I notice they don't have any dates listed beyond September at the moment. I wouldn't mind doing it during the day before the Ultimate Terror Tour at night in October.

Hopefully they'll consider it viable enough to continue beyond September. 

Already checked on that too haha and they were still looking into it last time I asked. At a guess I'd say it will come down to how many supervisors they have (assuming one needs to be on each tour). They'd need 1 for the tour, however many they need during the day, then however many they'd need for Fright Night, again, a guess, but I'd say they'd be stretched pretty thin. 

44 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Yeah, enjoy yourself on the tour, have fun and learn heaps/get out of it whatever your after. But most of all, don't be a dick about it and come back on the forums telling everyone how you know all this info but can't say anything and then try and abuse other members for talking about something they saw on a PUBLIC tour.

:) 

Public tour is one thing, public tour where you're specifically asked not to share the one thing you shared is different. 

I'd say also could be to do with the fact that the tour starts very early in the morning and staff may be working late into the night for Fright Night's before so possibly isn't feasible over the same period.

And also, trust me, if something is told to the public, it's 100% expected that it will get out.

Edited by djrappa

On 05/09/2016 at 0:41 AM, Theme Park Girl said:

Probably worth mentioning that at this stage, all of the backstage ride components are outside of the park's operating hours anyway. The only one you get to see in action is SDSC, and that is from the safety of the lower floor, well underneath the track. 

I can see a backstage walk of WWF possibly being added to the Star Tour later down the track, but for those reasons, I can't see it happening whilst the ride is in operation. If anything it would be whilst it's in maintenance mode. 

Yeah, I agree - unless it is found to be safe to feature when WWF is in operation, it is highly likely to feature during maintenance periods or before the morning test runs.