Star Tour All Access Pass - Behind the scenes at Movie World

23 minutes ago, j_m-kelly said:

Can you say anything about the Friday the 13th maze? Like how is it looking? What did you get to find out about the maze etc?

?? The F13 maze this year is a condensed version of last years maze, just as the 2015 repeated mazes were condensed versions of the 2014 hero mazes. 

12 hours ago, j_m-kelly said:

Oh I know that, but I'm wondering if they've gotten rid of the few empty halls from the maze (which I assume they would have) and if they still have the underground tunnel scene etc.

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to tell you but the underground tunnel is still there.

10 hours ago, Inverted said:

Has anyone here gone to the tour with tickets they have won?  Looking at buying some cheap from someone who won them and doesn't want them, just wondering what the booking process is?  Will we need the printed tickets on the day?

Two people on my tour had won their tickets.

They didn't check the tickets, just handed out the name badges to check that we were all there.

Thanks guys.  Went to see the guys selling the tickets this morning, she was really helpful, said that when she picked up the tickets from the radio station they never took her name or anything.  She even let me stay at her place and call to book in to make sure it was all ok before she took my money :) 

So now we are all booked in for 15th October, yay can't wait :) 

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

Thanks guys.  Went to see the guys selling the tickets this morning, she was really helpful, said that when she picked up the tickets from the radio station they never took her name or anything.  She even let me stay at her place and call to book in to make sure it was all ok before she took my money :) 

So now we are all booked in for 15th October, yay can't wait :) 

So she got them for free & then sold them? Whilst you are unlikely to get pulled up, I'd say that would be grounds for them to be cancelled if they found out 

21 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

So she got them for free & then sold them? Whilst you are unlikely to get pulled up, I'd say that would be grounds for them to be cancelled if they found out 

Yes, thats correct.  She won them on a radio competition.  What she was given was just a generic printed letter with the details and a code to quote when booking, her name wasn't attached to it at all.  They probably have the usual disclaimers about not transferrable etc, but if they don't attach them to the name of the person claiming them, how will they know?

I called up and booked it in, they just asked for the code plus the names of the two people attending.  They don't know that it wasn't me who won them on the radio :)

Absolutely agree. I've won things on the radio before, and then realised afterwards that I couldn't go \ had other plans, and subsequently arranged to either: relinquish them so the station could re-give them, or given them away to friends \ family online on a first-come basis. 

Selling them is immoral. It didn't cost you anything, why should you profit from it? I'd fully support the park trying to identify the seller (or the buyer) and cancelling the tickets or invalidating them in some way.

• 3 weeks later...

So at the end of my relaxing and theme park filled little holiday away from Sydney, I too will sing the praises and virtues of the Star Tour as did it today (with a couple of Parkz members as well that I stupidly forgot to find out their forum name but looking at past posts I suspect it was @Invertedand his wife. Hi again if it was)

Firstly Scott and Luke were great as hosts and did a great job with their fun facts and interesting Easter eggs they pointed out along the way and I'm guessing the cat's out the bag as were no "don't tell anyone else stories" like the early tours had.

Ticked all the boxes from the previous tours with AA walk, SE pre start up/winch room, JL3D walk,kitchen,Stunt Driver stuff,Scooby Walk etc. As well as a little bonus of the Friday the 13th maze walk through and when I mentioned that maybe future tours could incorporate the Villians Unleashed interactive area to my surprise we all got a free RFID wristband which was a cool unexpected bonus!

Other random thoughts

- Killer Croc and the Joker are the 2 best elements in VU and a lot of fun getting unsuspecting people standing in the wrong spots

- VR on AA is amazing and can never go back to just riding it normally after that plus getting 2 free rides of it helped ?

- Seeing all the front roller coaster construction in person instead of through these forums was a treat and really got an idea of just how massive this coaster is gonna be seeing the size of the area

All in all a good day was had by all

• 1 month later...

I'll be doing Movieworld's Star Tour on Saturday the 17th of December. If anybody is also thinking of doing the tour, feel free to join! It would be great to do the tour with other fellow enthusiasts and/or meet people from the forum :)

I'm going up for a short holiday mid-december, and won't be hiring a car. Do busses run early in the morning from the Gold Coast to movieworld? Or would it be best to just get an uber/taxi?

Enjoy your trip. With transport it depends on where you are staying, and how far away a bus stop is and how regular it is, or if you have do a couple of transfer. Most of them are hourly and start pretty early, well before the parks open usually, but if that doesn't work well for you then definitely recommend getting an uber.