Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

I am a tired 13 year old, so I'm not gonna write a full review on my visit here, though I did uncover a couple of intriguing things, to which I will list below.

1. Kraken now has a minimum of 3 riders per raft as according to an employee,"new rafts had to be purchased from the slide manufacturer.

2. Inferno (free fall) is now up and running, better than it was before, but still with the burning steel cheese-grater like pathway. Each rides was surprisingly different (as chosen by operator)

3. Where the circus top is, all of the land has been completely flattened out, and I may know why...

4. As for number 4, after a hard day working the higher ranking employees for answers and getting a response of "if I told you I would get fired", as the cleaning crew/ lower ranking employees did their rounds, I said to one of them "ohh I heard there's a new ride coming but everything is so secretive and she replied "well all I've Been told is that there are two awesome rides coming, one where bountys used to be, and one next to the Kraken". I was gobsmacked that she kind of spilt the beans, but bare in mind she is a low ranking employee.

1. When you say "higher ranking" who are you referring too? Park management? Ride or F&B supervisors??

2. Why is a cleaner a "low ranking" employee? What rank does a ride attendant or F&B worker hold in comparison? Why are they not the same?

3. Are you trying to allude that because she was a cleaner she would somehow be less sensitive to confidential info? 

Edited by Brad2912

20 minutes ago, grrofunger said:

They need to change the kraken sign at the bottom of the hill it still says 2-4 riders. 

A sign on the wooden queue barriers as you first get to the top of the hill previously had black tape covering the 2 rider option but that had been ripped off last week also. 

The signage at the top of the hill for duel rider is covered with duct tape

25 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

A ranking is not an assumption of one as themselves, it is an assumption of one in a societal structure

Same difference. I've known plenty of people who choose to work in cleaning industries due to work/life balance, availability needs, enjoyment of the role, or because they have investing interests in the business. That doesn't make them any less of a person in a societal, or any other, structure. 

Regardless of your employment standing, CEO or cleaner of the CEO's toilet, everyone is human, has the same rights. 

You're right about most staff members wearing uniform, so it's hard to tell which role they play, but senior management, like Mark used to, usually don designer jeans, business shirt and aviator sunglasses - you could spot them a mile off.

It's possible that the second ride the employee alluded to was a direct replacement for Bounty, like another swinging ship.

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

Give the guy a break. I'm sure it's just a case of a poor choice of words and he doesn't think a cleaner is a lower member of society than a food and beverage attendant. 

Thank you. If ur brain has the impulse to say that I meant disrespectful things, what does that truly mean

Had my first visit to Cirque Extreme today.  What a fantastic show.  I went in with lowish expectations but came out really impressed.  I'd certainly recommend it to all who visit AW during January.  

As for the rest of the day, the park was quite full early on.  The queues were sizeable right from 10am which for me was a bit unusual.  I wonder if the opening temp of 35c encouraged an early turnout, especially as it was 27c by 3pm.

While it was a day for water rides, I must mention the Japanese gentleman in the front row of the Abyss.  I've never seen anyone go quite so bananas on that ride and have no idea what he was saying.  

Finally found a classic 1980s advertisement for Adventure World.  This one is from 1988 and features that earworm of a jingle "Adventure World, they made it just for fun!". I somehow think the modern circus is better than the one they had then.

https://www.facebook.com/perththemeparks/videos/ 

Here's the source video - it's about a minute and a half in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBLhBjWtNc&t=423s

Edited by iwerks

5 hours ago, iwerks said:

Finally found a classic 1980s advertisement for Adventure World.  This one is from 1988 and features that earworm of a jingle "Adventure World, they made it just for fun!". I somehow think the modern circus is better than the one they had then.

https://www.facebook.com/perththemeparks/videos/ 

Here's the source video - it's about a minute and a half in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBLhBjWtNc&t=423s

I did smile when Bountys revenge was advertised as the big ride.  I had a couple of observations.  when did the mini beach in front of the castle get filled in?  Also, was water mountain a free for all in terms of how many people could ride without a time delay?

IMG_0178.PNG

IMG_0179.PNG

The beach probably didn't last much longer than that, I think, and was on the Cabana side of the big pool. I'm pretty sure that they still had crew members at the top stopping the people from bunching up on Water Mountain and they did what they did just for the ad.

I think the ad is interesting for what isn't there. No Kahuna Falls in front of the restaurant, no tunnel of terror and no racing slides. 

I noticed this in the video as well. Isn't this Rail Rider, and what is the thing sticking out the back of it for?Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 11.42.58 PM.png

And also, Bounty's didn't have an ugly paint job in those days. Was not a fan of the purple, yellow and red the ride had towards the end. It looked like something out of The Wiggles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paid a flying visit to a really packed Adventure World, today.  It's 37 degrees here and both car parks were packed out.  I ended up parking further down the street and walking in.  It looks like @Tim Dasco was right, Summer Nights, AW's proposed new series of night events scheduled for late February/early March has been postponed until next season.  They're promising some big stuff, but it's frustrating to learn from the third crew member that you ask in the park, that Summer Nights has been cancelled for this season.  I mean, if I'm a platinum pass member and not entitled to tickets to Summer Nights (although I was to Fright Nights) at least follow up the promise of keeping your platinum season pass members up to date.

"You will receive insider knowledge and opportunities to input to our surveys throughout the season via email communications." 

IMG_0231b.JPG

IMG_0173b.JPG

IMG_0207b.JPG

IMG_0167b.JPG

IMG_0075b.JPG

IMG_0108b.JPG

IMG_0115b.JPG

• Gazza changed the title to Adventure World 2017- 'MI3' Ride