Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

Can someone please link creative works fb page? And i dont see why AW chose to put mi3 in this location since they are also now relocating the fence ($$$) and taking attention (view) away from other rides. It raises my suspicions that something is either going where bounty was, or in the old location of the castle swamp.

49 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

@ABYSS Well creative works one upped you. They posted this photo. Pay attention to the big steel beam on the floor that is orange. Never mind it looks like the cover for the Rampage carriage. Also you can see the Abyss gateway has been moved.

IMG_1434.thumb.JPG.5a35342b42570a65dc54b058648b55a8.JPG

Been keeping a closeness eye on Creative Works' FB page and today I hadn't, my luck lately ahaha. Anyways, I went passed but I couldn't really see anything as there were too many cars behind me so I couldn't take my time. As for AW Hype, when we sore NearMap images of AW it looked like where the Castle used to be there was still flat ground and it hadn't been covered with grass. Maybe this could be were a potential mi4 could be or maybe it just was kept that way for a particular reason or so a new castle could be built there in the future.

@Aw hype https://m.facebook.com/creativeworks.com.au

i like the location I think it's cool for them to keep the big thrilling scary rides together and the horror themed rides together into a land. Also they now have loads of room at the front of the park for a lazy river in the future. They are removing the archway as it's firberglass and most liekely to avoid it getting damaged during construction. So it wouldn't cost much.

@ABYSS Mark did say a while ago that they wouldn't rebuild the castle as it would have to be bigger and better if they did. Now if AW keep doing MI's I believe we will see mi4 be a water attraction as they always go dry then water ride.

25 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Can someone please link creative works fb page? And i dont see why AW chose to put mi3 in this location since they are also now relocating the fence ($$$) and taking attention (view) away from other rides. It raises my suspicions that something is either going where bounty was, or in the old location of the castle swamp.

The ride is still equally as fun, and will get just as long queues.

AW doesn't really have great deal of expansion space, so they do need to use land efficiently and group stuff together.

when we sore NearMap images of AW

Know the difference:.

Sore:

stock-vector-a-cartoon-man-with-a-painful-swollen-bump-on-his-head-332071433.jpg

Saw:

person-looking-in-distance.png

13 hours ago, ABYSS said:

Anyone have any idea of why AW have been so quiet about posting things on social media of progress whilst building mi3 compared to when they were constructing Kraken and Abyss.

I'd say probably a big part would be the absence of a certain staff member. I've noticed a massive shift in a lot of aspects of the business since his departure.

I think the marketing department have been on a holiday. There has been nothing on their Facebook page since May. I don't think it that they dropped the ball more the new staff have a different way of doing things. Keep in mind Season passes are not available yet for this season. However once the season passes go on sale I am sure MI3 will be pushed. 

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

...like not picking up the ball to start with?

Yeah well by this time with Kraken and Abyss we already had a today tonight story officially announcing the ride and we had teasers signs up at the park in January. But then again this is a flat ride not a big slide or coaster so maybe there is less to announce?

I don't buy that at all Tim.

For a park of it's size - every major investment should be touted from the rooftops. it is "MI-3". You know what the MI stands for right? Maximum Impact.

Hell - when Dreamworld installed the Claw, they had one of their biggest marketing \ teaser campaigns i've ever seen..

So as you rightly point out - in previous times under previous leadership we had teasers and trailers and all sorts of marketing hype. This time around it seems we're going the way of VRTP and remaining mum until construction is well underway...

oh look - there goes a ball rolling down the hill into a mud puddle.

@AlexB I completely agree. When you look at MI-3 it's the second most expensive attraction they have built as it's 500k more than Kraken so as you said they should be screaming it from the roof tops. Hopfully they do this ones season passes go on sale. 

I really don't get why theme parks in Australia like to keep things a secret till the last second. I mean as soon as constructions starts and it's obvious what the attraction is ts pointless hidding it.

On the note of staff having a field day, or off season, or whatever theyre doing that is wrong, they have also not posted on instagram in 2 months, and must be inactive as a message i sent a month ago still hasnt been replied to. My suspicions are there may be some sort of issue with construction or parts etc. And therefore they have no certain date to pitch any trailers towards, or not all of mi3 is present at the moment (special feature or whatever i dont really know)😁😁

8 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

On the note of staff having a field day, or off season, or whatever theyre doing that is wrong

I agree as every off season they usually still post promotional stuff. The only other explanation for this being true is maybe if there has been a change up in the social media marketers team for AW, or as for posting about mi3 as @Aw hype suggested, maybe they are waiting for something specificly to be finished with mi3 before indeed posting.

17 hours ago, AlexB said:

I'd say probably a big part would be the absence of a certain staff member. I've noticed a massive shift in a lot of aspects of the business since his departure.

Totally agree. I think that person did a lot of AW's off season PR, especially in the form of replies to Trip Advisor. He's also been active on Facebook and probably saw the Creativeworks' post that both Tim and I shared.

Having said that, AW usually hires a PR company to do the advertising for the MIs.

Edited by iwerks

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

So they dropped the ball???? MI-3 is coming and it safe to say is a Loke clone (Intamin Gyro Swing judging from these promos)

Posted on Todays Tonight's Facebook page. The full story will be on Monday night.

Hype!! It will be interesting seeing the new CEO for AW (for the first time - at least for me anyway) aswell judging by the promo clip.