Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

4 minutes ago, iwerks said:

That does explain this..

IMG_6198b.JPG

Ha true

tahnkyou for confirming this isn't mi3 I was getting a bit tight under my collar. And is more fencing going to be added around bounties, cause by the looks of it, you might get some kids mistaking it for a playground if it's left open.

49 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Ha true

tahnkyou for confirming this isn't mi3 I was getting a bit tight under my collar. And is more fencing going to be added around bounties, cause by the looks of it, you might get some kids mistaking it for a playground if it's left open.

That is something we are monitering. While attendance has been low due to the crazy weather so far, we have not had any kids breaching the log fence line, probably because there is so much else for them to do? 

Big shout out to our AWesome team, whose passion and dedication has seen Adventure World be named finalists for FOUR major tourism and business awards this year- the Tourism Council WA Awards in categories of Major Tourist Attraction and the Sir David Brand Young Achiever Medal (big congrats to Front of House Manager Christina Azar), along with the AIM WA West Business Pinnacle Awards in the category of Customer Service Excellence, and the Australian Hospitality Association for Excellence in Training Initiative!

This is from AW's Facebook page. Well done @Mark Shaw and team!

Putting on my Deer Stalker for a moment, Mark mentioned that he'd tried out other versions of Mi3 in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and the new ride will take visitors to new heights.  Without being too assuming, I'm guessing the Southern rides weren't in South America or Africa.  So if it's Australian, might we be looking at a new version of Tower of Terror 2?  The only question mark is that Wikipedia quoted a build cost of Au$ 16m.  But I'm not sure if that figure included the subsequent refurbishment and/or the Freefall ride bolted to the side of the tower.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

TOTII is roughly 300 metres long, including overshoot.

AW has roughly 350 metres wide, and there is about 380m of straight line space north to south that would probably fit, so its feasible... however take a look at the powerbanks for the LSMs along TOTII. they would run either the width, or most of the length of the park. it would slice the park in two, and leave some very ugly boxes right the way along.

So, it's feasible, but for such a good looking park, i don't think they need to go to this sort of level to have maximum impact. That and, all they'll get is a big yawn from many on the east coast who have seen it all before. I'd like to think that @Mark Shaw is looking to bring something out that we haven't already got - like they did with Abyss.

only time will tell.

I think Adventure World would have to be nuts to build a reverse free fall coaster.  For how much it'd cost you could do something so much better that would fit the park.  I'd argue that a Boomerang would be a significantly better choice for the park, cheaper and would probably get a better return.  Not on my wish list you understand, but just saying.

I frequent a series of websites known as 'not always'...

I came across this gem this morning. I'm sure we can guess where it is:

Amusement Park | Perth, WA, Australia | Awesome, Strangers

(I’ve taken a 12-year-old boy I would look after sometimes to a local amusement park. This place has a bunch of rides, a water park area, and a pedal monorail thing that wraps around the front of the park. We plant ourselves in an area half under the monorail and some trees. The boy I’m looking after runs off to do his thing and I settle in to do some reading. About 10 minutes later something drops on my head and I notice it’s a shoe. I look up to see a rather panicky young teen girl yelling down to me from the monorail.)

Girl: “Oh, my god, I’m so sorry. Can you throw it back?”

Me: “My throwing skills suck. Listen, go the rest of the way and I’ll be waiting here for you.”

Girl: *really unsure* “Um, okay, I’ll be there soon.”

(I go back to my book while keeping an eye out for a one-shoed teen. About 10 minutes later I spot this young girl sprinting towards me.)

Me: “Here ya go.”

Girl: “Thank you so much. I was worried that you might run off with it.”

Me: “No worries there, hun. My size 10 feet have no use for a size 6 left shoe. Have fun the rest of the day.”

Girl: “I will. You, too!”

(The rest of the day went on with no other shoes falling from the sky and I moved to a new tree.)

https://notalwaysfriendly.com/

On 10/20/2016 at 1:58 PM, joz said:

I think Adventure World would have to be nuts to build a reverse free fall coaster.  For how much it'd cost you could do something so much better that would fit the park.  I'd argue that a Boomerang would be a significantly better choice for the park, cheaper and would probably get a better return.  Not on my wish list you understand, but just saying.

With an arguably superior roller coaster already in AW (Abyss), I would think Adventure World would have to be nuts to build an off-the-shelf 30 year old ride that would be frowned upon if AW ever installed one.

51 minutes ago, joz said:

Frowned upon by who?  People still talk about Demon like it was the best thing ever.  

Park and coaster enthusiasts like us. Demon was a nothing special regular Vekoma boomerang made out of faded metal that was rough as shit when it closed down. It's now out of Australia, and it should stay that way. I can put up with a Giant Inverted Boomerang however.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

6 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Park and coaster enthusiasts like us

At least you're honest.  Luckily for parks, coaster enthusiasts make up maybe 0.02% of the population if I'm being super generous.  The other 99.8% of the population think a Boomerang is just the most amazing ride ever because "ZOMG IT GOES BACKWARDS!"

Again, it's not on my Wishlist for the park, just saying if they did it'd probably go much better than a reverse freefall.

• Gazza changed the title to Adventure World 2017- 'MI3' Ride