Skeeta

Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

423 posts in this topic

gee those people living on the other side of the motorway are going to be pissed. First Green Lantern, then Rivals, now TopGolf is going to be projecting 'light pollution' into their bedrooms at night! whatever will they do?

• Like 1

Saw them doing the netting as I was pulling into work, you can barely see the netting with this one (this was best picture I could get when I was coming in, don’t have my camera on me) 

DAC6193C-83A0-438D-BE12-1ABE61761B73.thumb.jpeg.7ec88274b121be0de0327253a17ba0ad.jpeg

Theres a forklift on site with them installing one of the nets rn

7C6E3B63-831E-4100-A071-4F4B3EE633C0.thumb.jpeg.e25c38c343def56b82177be913615740.jpeg

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 2

^Just as a random aside - this isn't to try and nitpick, i'm not having a go - but i guess just to educate those unfamiliar with them that it looks as though they are using a telehandler, rather than a forklift. Both usually have 'forks', and both can lift (which is why many will just call them a fork lift) one is just capable of basic vertical movement, whereas the other has an extendable (*tele*scopic) boom, so it is a little more versatile in it's capability.

image.png.c7464d9dd239d60e95438fb9b005b2c0.png

Cue flames from those who dislike my pedantry.

• Haha 2

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, xRazzBerryx said:

I believe they will be building cages around the tee mats incase someone lets go of their golf club. It will look something like this..

Yeah I've seen a few videos of drunk dudes falling off the edge and into the netting after a bad swing.  

I am far too excited as an adult this project to be completed!!

Edited by CantHitBallsStraight

Oh lol... I had heard the backside of the black tank wall was to be made a video screen... But that looks more like a couple of TVs on the wall at the local pub :P

i'd honestly thought part of it might be a bit of a promo \ scoreboard type thing, but advertising and\or showing "the big game" so people can watch while they bash balls isn't a bad idea. obviously unique because none of their other installations have a water tank right beside them, but i do hope that they actually make good use of these things.