DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

15 hours ago, themagician said:

@Santa07 something like this?

IMG_7424.thumb.PNG.7877a649a07b9b1273a5728c34989a39.PNG

(This has been posted before, but for those who haven't seen it, it is Mack Rides tickets twisting track piece they've ever made, but no confirmation whether this is for MWs coaster or not)

Looks like that track piece may have potentially been delivered! (Well similar piece)

IMG_4288.PNG

Edited by jack.c

4 hours ago, themagician said:

but this photo was only posted in mid December and Lost Gravity opened just over a year ago

Yeah obviously not for Lost Gravity... that was just an example of a Mack ride that has some crazy twisted track.

Perfectly plausible that it's for Movie World's coaster however. If you figure that they work on one project at a time and that they've been sending track as soon as it's finished, then what's showing up now would have been at that stage late last year.  The most interesting thing to me is that it shows how single spine track is connected to double spine on the far end.

23 hours ago, themagician said:

@Santa07 something like this?

IMG_7424.thumb.PNG.7877a649a07b9b1273a5728c34989a39.PNG

(This has been posted before, but for those who haven't seen it, it is Mack Rides tickets twisting track piece they've ever made, but no confirmation whether this is for MWs coaster or not)

Could it be that this piece of track above is due to connect to the first piece in the below picture?

The track lines up from what I can see and it would explain the double connection part on the far end of the track?

Just a thought.

20170408_115237.thumb.jpg.a4fb7d07142c3c1e6f0aee793e2cd75f.jpg

2 hours ago, jack.c said:

That heart line probably wound have killed guest let's be honest. 

58eaf92f3be6e_facepalmtheoffice.jpg.a436cc1509da45f8f95e12103054b3f4.jpg

It was removed because of the stress on trains, not on riders. You really think it would have made it that far through the design/construction process if it was deadly?

Just looking at these track pieces and discussion in here, seems like a lot of them are curving inwards with a lot of talk of inversions/intense elements for my liking. Hopefully some airtime pieces arrive soon.

My guess for the really twisted one is for the start of the first drop. Not really heartlined enough for what you'd expect from a high speed twist, unless Mack are flashing a big middle finger to Intamin and are having their own go at the scrapped roll from Maverick.

42 minutes ago, AllegroCrab said:

58eaf92f3be6e_facepalmtheoffice.jpg.a436cc1509da45f8f95e12103054b3f4.jpg

It was removed because of the stress on trains, not on riders. You really think it would have made it that far through the design/construction process if it was deadly?

Just looking at these track pieces and discussion in here, seems like a lot of them are curving inwards with a lot of talk of inversions/intense elements for my liking. Hopefully some airtime pieces arrive soon.

My guess for the really twisted one is for the start of the first drop. Not really heartlined enough for what you'd expect from a high speed twist, unless Mack are flashing a big middle finger to Intamin and are having their own go at the scrapped roll from Maverick.

You really think that they were gonna say they removed it because it could potentionally have harmed guest? LOOK up footage of the testing and tell me that seemed perfectly safe!

Hmm. Surely there's already plenty of twists and rolls (for those who enjoy that sort of thing) on Green Lantern.

What would be wrong with just some pleasant ups and downs at moderàte speed? It wouldn't really live up to any movie theme, but at least it would be enjoyable as well as providing some interesting views.

Edited by pushbutton

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic