DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

3 hours ago, djrappa said:

Or is running very scared at the high level of stalker some of these forum posts are becoming :)

Oh please, instagram is public, it's not like we're standing outside the window of their house at [address removed]

(edit again in case someone reads this and doesn't get the joke - the address was never there in the first place) 

Edited by reanimated35
reasons

17 minutes ago, Smeg said:

12 months construction must be big ??

They'll probably want to keep time for extra work on theming and stuff. Think of InvadR at BGW, that one is just a 'family' coaster but it started construction quite a while ago probably because they'll do an outstanding job at theming it. Cobra's Curse is another example that took a fair while to construct because of theming.

On 27/08/2016 at 9:40 AM, Brad2912 said:

Strange strange question... There are plenty of wooden coasters than reside in warm/hot climate countries (Australia included). Bushfires? In Oxenford? Maybe if you were building it in the middle of Lamington National Park it may be a concern... 

In 2008 bushfires nearly completely destroyed the entire area I live in approx 15km from MovieWorld/Oxenford, not far from the M1 either, so yes, considering half of the area is still bush, then fires are a very real threat.

The argument is moot though, no one wants a wooden coaster (waits for condemnation and the tsk tsks).

Exciting times for MW

1 hour ago, UpperCoomera said:

In 2008 bushfires nearly completely destroyed the entire area I live in approx 15km from MovieWorld/Oxenford, not far from the M1 either, so yes, considering half of the area is still bush, then fires are a very real threat.

The argument is moot though, no one wants a wooden coaster (waits for condemnation and the tsk tsks).

Exciting times for MW

Because a steel coaster wouldn't be damaged by a bushfire?! ?

Edited by iwerks

5 hours ago, UpperCoomera said:

Exciting times for MW

15km is a fair bit of distance mate. 

I wouldn't say it's a 'very real threat'. 

Yes there is bushland in the vicinity of the park, but I'd stay the risk of bushfire to MW (especially the area we are looking at for this new ride) would be about on the lowest end of possibility. 

If bushfire mitigation was going to determine the type of coaster or rides we get, I doubt VRTP would have just invested in funky wooden cabins, literally in bushland, for the PC Farmstay experience. 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic