DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

One thing I didn't mention but the maps reminded me what I counted on my trip.

Capture.JPG

The arrow marks the location where I counted another 53 tie-down pole connections already assembled.  Most of the footers in the red zone already had their pole connectors installed or sitting next to its location ready to be installed.  So far I have worked out their is 68 pole locations currently being worked on or completed.  With what is still on site there is at least another 50 to go in.  Giving a current grand total of 121 poles. Of course skeet doesn’t know if there is any more of these bad boys laying around on site or if some are spares.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

35 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Zoom in and CSI enhance on the trucks number plate so you can see the reflection of the table and see if the plans are sitting there and are readable.

Ummm..... No.

2 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

One thing I didn't mention but the maps reminded me what I counted on my trip.

Capture.JPG

The arrow marks the location where I counted another 53 tie-down pole connections already assembled.  Most of the footers in the red zone already had their pole connectors installed or sitting next to its location ready to be installed.  So far I have worked out their is 68 pole locations currently being worked on or completed.  With what is still on site there is at least another 50 to go in.  Giving a current grand total of 121 poles. Of course skeet doesn’t know if there is any more of these bad boys laying around on site or if some are spares.

I did notice that pile Skeet - the one thing to remember is that station houses usually require a lot more footers, so although we've seen about half of the footings installed (give or take) the remainder may have many of them allocated for station \ brake zones.

Some drive-by pics from late this morning. Unfortunately couldn't stop to get closer shots, the car park was absolutely chockers today with the overflow carpark also being utilised, so ultimately decided to give Movie World a miss. 

20161004_111546.jpg

20161004_111553.jpg

20161004_111555.jpg

20161004_111556.jpg

20161004_111558.jpg

20161004_140431.jpg

20161004_140451.jpg

20161004_140516.jpg

Will try again early next week once the peak of the school holidays is finally over! 

4 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Some drive-by pics from late this morning. Unfortunately couldn't stop to get closer shots, the car park was absolutely chockers today with the overflow carpark also being utilised, so ultimately decided to give Movie World a miss. 

20161004_111546.jpg

20161004_111553.jpg

20161004_111555.jpg

20161004_111556.jpg

20161004_111558.jpg

20161004_140431.jpg

20161004_140451.jpg

20161004_140516.jpg

Will try again early next week once the peak of the school holidays is finally over! 

The drilling machine looks like its slowly making its way towards the back of the fenced off area, which is a great sign.

I pointed out in the 'Arkham Asylum - VR coaster at Movie World' topic that VR Coaster did in fact do the VR for AA. You all may recall that I posted this in mid-September:

On 15/09/2016 at 8:18 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

The above may seem unlikely but given Mack Rides is currently the most likely rollercoaster manufacturer, this frequently asked quetsion from VR Coaster's website should be noted:

Are you also planning new roller coasters that are build only for VR right from the start?

Yes, our partner Mack Rides will build any kind of roller coaster, optimized for a pure VR experience. At the moment, we are already developing two such coaster facilities, but as there's a lot more engineering involved, these will not be finished before 2017 / 2018.

The only way to figure out if Movie World is associated with this is if someone can figure out how many rollercoasters Mack Rides are manufacturing. If 2 are currently scheduled for completion in the timeframe given above & Movie World's one of those, Movie World's rollercoaster could be one of those designed specifically for virtual reality.

Given VR Coaster did AA, does this make it more likely that MW might have been talking with them to do 2 projects - AA plus the new rollercoaster - a potential 'pure VR' coaster - with Mack Rides?

Also, regarding the construction site, I thought it looked like a seahorse :P:

sea-horse.jpg?quality=80&w=640&format=jp

But seriously, this is what I can make of the construction site on NearMaps:

MWNearMap1.jpg

Mainly, all I can gather from the construction site is the possibility of at least 3 banked corners, which I coloured in yellow - I think everyone figured that part out already though lol It seemed pretty obvious after all. Any fencing/boundaries are in black while any other noticeable lines are in different colours. I think the light blue line is a pipe while the purple lines are definitely of pegs/strings etc. If more NearMaps images are released with more footings in sight, I might be able to figure out more of a rollercoaster track layout with greater confidence.

I am curious what are the two things I circled in blue are though? The one closest to MW's car park road looks like it is for a footing but it is heaps far away from all the other footings & has trees on either side of it?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

12 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I am curious what are the two things I circled in blue are though? The one closest to MW's car park road looks like it is for a footing but it is heaps far away from all the other footings & has trees on either side of it?

Two things circled in blue:

one looks like reo laid into a formwork ready for slab pour, the other looks like the 'square' footings we've heard so much about.

footings.png

The one closest the road is likely to be an angled support to take the high forces applied to it, kinda like this:

2-steel-dragon.png

Or it could be for unrelated purposes - like a sign on the roadway... but i doubt it.

Edited by AlexB

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic