DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

I would love to see Lego DC in some form at Movie World although I don't see it happening.

Whilst I think it is likely Flash (although I am hoping for Wonder Woman) I would like to throw Batman into the ring. New DCU film coming, always a popular property and I think Batman/his library of villains can easily support two coasters and a Villians area.

It will likely be based on a DC hero. I'll put my guess out being one of the following:

• The Flash - Is known for being fast (Would suite a Rollercoaster). Is a DC hero who has a popular TV show as well as being a part of the Justice League movie due for release November 2017.
  • Aquaman - Is a DC hero who will feature in Justice League and also has a solo movie that will be in production at Movie World next year. The rollercoaster will be in the swamp and could provide an 'Aqua' setting.
  • Least likely but I will throw it out there - Wonder Woman - DC hero who will feature in Justice League. We live in a progressive world and there is a lot of focus put on gender equality. Most of the rides at Movie World are 'Male themed' I guess ie. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, etc. 
Edited by andrewt92

I just meant a genre in general. Like Space movies instead of Tron (I know tron is owned by a different company I wasn't suggesting that) but it just means that the park isn't limited to one movie. It's just an idea. I personally think it will be Flash, and as a keen watcher of the show and reader of the comics I would actually enjoy it a lot.

Edited by Intimidator305.

Just now, joz said:

It's been said, but that area of the park is pretty DC heavy, it'd almost be silly not to make the new ride DC themed too.  After that they can start balancing the park out with different movie themes, but for me the new ride is the wrong ride to start with.

Please explain

5 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

I know its Movie World, but what if the ride isn't themed to movies? Like just a generic theme like Valravn. It could be themed to like mythology. Like dragons or something.

5 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

I just meant a genre in general.

That would make MW no different to DW. MW rides need to have a clear link to a movie franchise. In regards to not being themed to a movie, if you didn't see it earlier, check out my post about possible theming of the hypercoaster to a video game - it's possible.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Logically you also wouldn't build a DC themed ride sandwiched between Scooby-Doo and the wild west... at the opposite end of the park to all the other DC rides.

Yeah, but it's not like it's just the ride plonked there on its own, it has a themed precinct to tie it into. 

Same difference. I was going to say precinct but left it as ride given that's what we're talking about here. There's no logical way of justifying DC Super-Villains' location thematically. Makes sense from a rejuvenation and crowd management perspective of course but it hardly sets the standard for strict adherence to themed areas.

Nonetheless... the likelihood of a non-DC ride in the main DC area of the park in 2017? Slim-to-none.

28 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

If you are going to build a non-DC theme ride, you wouldn't build it with its stationhouse sandwiched between 2 other DC rides (GL & JL) and located in the cluster of DC rides at the front of the parks. 

No I mean what's wrong with the ride

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic