DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

14 hours ago, nitromefans said:

Just for fun I did a sketch of the appoximate layout of the coaster on google maps and it came out at 900m. This obvs doesn't include track length obtained from vertical change, nor any other elements. From this, it won't be 2km, but it would certainly be at least 1200-1300 at a minimum.

7yC1Fjz.jpg

So, correct me if I'm wrong (I'm pretty sure I have been reading this since it started) but that layout looks more like the outline of the land rather then the layout of the roller coaster. Surely there will be some helixes or some twists. At the end of Flash at Lewa Adventure there was a big patch of twistiness. It probably doesn't sound like much, but adding that to the roller coaster could possibly take the length way up above where your guessing. (I swear I've seen some photos with footers in big clumps that look like a big twisty section).

Yeah @Intimidator305 he did actually say 'doesn't include track length obtained from vertical change nor any other elements. '

For what it is, i think it gives us a good indication that the length of the coaster is going to be up there. We know theres a nice curve section right in the middle of that land space. I'm also inclined to think that the return path will be much closer to the creek than shown here too.

16 hours ago, nitromefans said:

7yC1Fjz.jpg

I know this is a very rough layout, but there quite a few footings in that large area in the open green space that you've avoided in that drawing. So this coaster is definitely going to make good use of the land.

Edited by themagician

I monitor nearmap at least weekly.

Rest assured when they do an update someone with nearmap access will post it very soon after. 

Right now we're still stuck on 22 September. Nearmap usually only does 1-2 passes a year over the park, so we probably won't see another one until at least March\April.

It is a big span however the proportion should look alright due to the long distance this fence must travel.  I am impressed with MW going that one step further.  It would have been easy for them to build a chain wire fence and a hell of a lot cheaper but not only are they putting up a decent fence then they are once again going that extra step and adding lighting to it.

I'm gonna throw if out there - anyone reckon it's time MW updated its entry sign as you drive in?

i know it's been there forever, but I reckon especially with the new coaster going in along the entrance driveway they could go out and get a nice shiny new one, maybe with some LT/DC characters on it. 

Use the same styled pillars that are going in, a 3D element as opposed to just a plain printed thing you could order these days off Vistaprint. 

Couple of design ideas i Wouldn't mind seeing...

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

Edited by Brad2912

18 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I'm gonna throw if out there - anyone reckon it's time MW updated its entry sign as you drive in?

i know it's been there forever, but I reckon especially with the new coaster going in along the entrance driveway they could go out and get a nice shiny new one, maybe with some LT/DC characters on it. 

Use the same styled pillars that are going in, a 3D element as opposed to just a plain printed thing you could order these days off Vistaprint. 

Couple of design ideas i Wouldn't mind seeing...

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

No, MW are fine. They have a good stable brand unlike a certain other park.

all i see is an aerial image without specifics.

I'm sure we all are of the understanding that the station will be somewhere within the triangle of space that is between the swamp, the studios and the JL building... naturally that means a final turn will of course need to be somewhere in that area.

It's a shame there isn't anywhere high in that area where you can take a camera. If MW had an observation tower attraction it would be perfect!

54 minutes ago, AlexB said:

It's a shame there isn't anywhere high in that area where you can take a camera. If MW had an observation tower attraction it would be perfect!

I'm still hoping they put something in the middle of the superman helix. An observation tower would be nice (I know its in a different area to where your talking about.  This would cost way more then it should. but it would be really amazing if the station was underground, and to get in the queue took you downstairs. Then they could sync the observation tower lifting with the coaster, so when you rose out of the ground, the coaster flew around you. This is just me nerding out.

I hope they put some tower attraction there. I know they've got Batman, but an observation tower would do nice. And it would attract families into an area of the park thats all thrills. Just random ideas.

This is the wrong thread, but I couldn't think of a way to put AlexB's quote in the other topic. But I can try and link it to the coaster. In the tower, you would be able to see the whole coaster, and families would interact and get to watch it go all the way out, turnaround and come back. From really high up it would be fun to watch.

Edited by Intimidator305.

I was able to see the footings themagician was referring to briefly the other day. There's a line of them following roughly the red line I've drawn onto this image. Looks very much like that's where the station will be. The direction may be a bit off, I think it goes more towards the bottom of the image.

station.png

Edited by mba2012

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic