Dreamworld - 2017 Log Ride reopening

DaptoFunlandGuy

On 1/25/2018 at 9:52 AM, jjuttp said:

What were the metal truss beams going to be used for again? Also, was the cave in question on the last bend before the drop? i only have faint memories of this ride. And has the queue changed any bit?

They look like they have holes in them for wire rope or tube to allow creeping plants to grow over.

qld039.jpg

• Like 1

Some points from today's experince

- Getting into and getting out of the logs was so much easier than I thought it would (This is coming from someone who is around 6ft 2 btw)

- The cage do shake/rattle a lot during the duration of the ride, I would say the worst of the rattling occurs when you are coming back to the station 

- Ride does feel slightly underwhelming now as the cave has been removed but I understand why it had to be removed, it gives off the same vibe as Vikings did when it had it's course changed making it bland. I'm hoping the vegetation around that area grows pretty quickly 

- Dispatches are very slow at the moment, only the right side is working atm. One boat did go through the left side of the station but staff were not allowing anyone using that side at all

- Queues were reaching up to this point today IMG_0175.thumb.jpg.f49c5792a5c4e06f15286d6f1b30230f.jpg

Now to wrap my experience on RHLR. Here's a few photos of the ride in action IMG_0173.thumb.jpg.11257e978ecd82e599849c0aa5930163.jpgIMG_0174.thumb.jpg.ad009c893db1c14349439fa96a694354.jpgIMG_0196.thumb.jpg.508ed24bd5acf66f92d3e8af64019ba7.jpg

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 4

On 2/5/2018 at 7:50 AM, themagician said:

An empty tunnel didn’t make the ride have good theming or greatly improve the ride experience 

So you're saying the DW log ride should be [just another] largely bland and poorly themed attraction? Or, perhaps DW could have some respect for themselves AND their guests...and....try?  I mean in 2018, I'd imagine the building of a well themed "Log Ride tunnel" would not likely require the entire SpaceX engineering unit?  

Edited by RobMac
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RobMac said:

So you're saying the DW log ride should be [just another] largely bland and poorly themed attraction? Or, perhaps DW could have some respect for themselves AND their guests...and....try?  I mean in 2018, I'd imagine the building of a well themed "Log Ride tunnel" would not likely require the entire SpaceX engineering unit?  

I completely agree, but I think the idea Ardent have is that guests should use their "pure imagination" to imagine the rides are themed.

Shame Ardent couldn't use their own imaginations to think of an original idea for their advertising, rather than stealing from their competitor by using a song from a Warner Brothers movie.

Just off the top of my head, here's a few they could have used. Ok, these are all old songs (as is "Pure Imagination"), but that's no reason they can't be made to sound absolutely modern and relevant. It's just a matter of using a little "pure imagination"!

Edited by pushbutton

Forgot to mention in my RHLR review the other day.. strange occurance..

guy in the group in front of me was wearing a baseball cap, and a go pro with the head strap over the cap. 

Now I thought “oh for sure they’ll tell him to remove the go pro”. But nope, the ride attendant tells him, once he is already in the boat, “sorry mate, no hats allowed” so he off comes his hat and the go-pro, and then the ride op says “oh you can keep the go pro on your head mate, just not the hat” 

hmm... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Forgot to mention in my RHLR review the other day.. strange occurance..

guy in the group in front of me was wearing a baseball cap, and a go pro with the head strap over the cap. 

Now I thought “oh for sure they’ll tell him to remove the go pro”. But nope, the ride attendant tells him, once he is already in the boat, “sorry mate, no hats allowed” so he off comes his hat and the go-pro, and then the ride op says “oh you can keep the go pro on your head mate, just not the hat” 

hmm... 

Yes Family Attractions allow Filming Devices, As long as it's not done in a stupid way.

16 minutes ago, Minions! said:

Yes Family Attractions allow Filming Devices, As long as it's not done in a stupid way.

But not a fucking hat in the sun...

Like, i totally get they probably have issues with hats flying off on the splashdown, and then have all sorts of issues having to retrieve it because people get insanely angry about something that's their own fault, but can't we just:

• put up a sign on the final lifthill advising riders to 'hold onto your hats as we cannot retrieve them if they fall into the water', or:
    • just make everybody wear a perspex cover that is bolted to the floor - kind of like a cone of silence - to prevent their hat from coming off?
  • Like 1

Yeah I think the issue is that most people wouldn't read it, but those who did would say 'you said i could wear it - you never said it would fall off!

I think they'd need to be very explicit telling them if they wear their hat and it falls off, it won't be retrieved.

the problem there i guess is that there is a risk of sucking a hat into a pump, and although the pumps are pretty strong - always a risk that damage will be done, so in the end - stopping people from wearing them is necessary.

• 3 weeks later...