Aquaman – The Exhibition at Movie World

rac2703

@Levithian - unfortunately a partially closed door, with a curtain pulled across, is a fairly universal sign for "this isn't an entrance for the public - our staff \ workers are using this door, so we keep it open, but you aren't supposed to come in here, which is why the curtain is pulled across.

I used to work retail, and it was common to drop roller shutters across the doorway, to about head height, to allow existing customers to exit, whilst serving as a barrier to new customers entering. Whilst the curtain and roller door don't prevent anyone, its a fairly clear signal of 'don't come in here', and in all seriousness - a simple A-frame (which we know VRTP love) that says 'this way to the Aquaman Exhibition' with an arrow, or even "Aquaman Exhibition - OPEN".... it really is something very simple that would help prevent confusion in a place where guests check their brains at the door. Just because you can figure it out - doesn't mean the lowest common denominator can...

• Like 5

^so long as it is not at the expense of more sizeable attractions, i'm sure everyone would agree with that. The park needs more 'movie' in it's world... But, on the same token, I don't want them to cheap out and say - only install a new ride every 5 years because they can fill the other four with movie props that were already paid for at the box office.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, themagician said:

I very much expect they haven’t been updated in years. They should make a big thing of them and have a some sort of ceremony when they add a new one, especially since so many Hollywood actors have been next door lately 

Massively missed opportunity. Would absolutely help the "Movie" theming of the park versus the "DC Comics" path they've been going down.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2019 at 11:37 AM, themagician said:

I very much expect they haven’t been updated in years. They should make a big thing of them and have a some sort of ceremony when they add a new one, especially since so many Hollywood actors have been next door lately 

It would be good to see the stars cleaned up and shiny. As it is, they don't look cared for at all. 

As there's a limited number of them, perhaps when a new Hollywood actor visits, replace one of the oldest stars with a nice stylish new one, until they're all new  (then keep going).

Stars that are removed from around the fountain could be relocated elsewhere in the park, if practical. 

Edited by pushbutton

This might be the wrong attitude to take but for some reason I've always found the old and faded stars made it seem like more history had happened and like you're more connected to the person. Reality is of course that the person's named probably didn't even know they were getting a star, but the older faded stars always made it seem more legit to me.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...