Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

17 hours ago, AlexB said:

'LOL'

The clue here is its coloured yellow. its designed to be seen, which means it isn't planned to be installed into a roof.

It's also not a vacuum. The pipe is attached to a box inside the building, with the hose leading outside.

They aren't going to be vacuuming inside the building and just blowing it all outside now, are they?

What you're seeing is more likely either a portable air filter, or a portable air conditioner, both commonly used during construction for various reasons - however given the area wouldn't be overly hot, nor is it open to the public, its unlikely to be an air conditioner, so you'll likely find its some sort of air filter, being used to make the air more breathable. Considering the plastic sheeting, and the bare plasterboard here at present, its likely they're sheeting, sanding, etc, which generates a lot of dust, and probably under WH&S legislation, it requires air filtration systems.

They can also be used the opposite way to blow air creating circulation, useful when drying wet floors and newly painted walls.

Unfortunately my office has had to use them a few time due to crappy pipes.

42 minutes ago, Theme Park Enthusiast said:

Sky Voyager should open on Australia Day. Thanks 

I think @Slick said it best...

On 01/10/2018 at 4:24 PM, Slick said:

Is this a statement, a question, or a thought? Either way, i'm glad the community is making good use of the fountain of improbability.

I think we have enough information to figure out @Theme Park Enthusiast is the same as @dylan_oregan.

Fountain and wave boys.... Fountain and wave...

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

Source?

Someone I know has a managerial position at the park and they confirmed people were selected to ride sv. It was also the first people to ride it meaning other people who have claimed to have been on it were lying... who could’ve guessed?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Theme Park Enthusiast said:

Got to ride Sky Voyager today and it was amazing. 

Dylan Theme Park Enthusiast, not even an hour ago you said:

58 minutes ago, Theme Park Enthusiast said:

I work at Dreamworld and will be riding it tomorrow. I will get some photos. 

So what is it?

Take the hint, we know when you're lying, pull your head in, follow the rules or we'll ban you again for the third fourth fifth time.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Theme Park Enthusiast said:

Hi Slick , you have no right to ban me from this page , are you the owner?

It's definitely worth checking out the community guidelines, I think you'll find these sections under Membership that i've picked out relevant:

Users are limited to a single account at all times.

If you would like to change your username or have forgotten your login details, please contact a staff member.

Staff are on the site to ensure things go smoothly. Their authority is not to be undermined at any stage.

If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to ask any of our staff, either by PM or by posting in the Site Issues forum. If you have an issue with a staff member, please contact an administrator. 

We reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary in a given situation.

We hold the unconditional right to take any actions deemed necessary at any time. At the end of the day, it is a privilege, not a right to be a member at Parkz.

We're all happy to have you on and contribute. I'm personally not interested in watching you come back week after week under a different pseudonym (yes we have our ways of knowing who's who) and slowly making bigger and bigger claims of grandiose, only for myself or one of the other mods to clean up the fallout (FYI, it's not a paid gig, we do it because we love theme parks and want to share our passion with others.)

Edited by Slick
  • Like 3

Dreamworld / Ardent Leisure (Parent Company) stated that it will take two years to recover from the tragic accident that occured on the 25th October 2016 which seems to be not the case. 

The Problem: 

Dreamworld hope to draw back visitors with its new attraction Sky Voyager that was meant to open by Christmas but again Dreamworld didn't deliver on this promise, and no one is talking about it least of all Dreamworld and there's something very worrying about that.

With $17million put into this attraction, it would've been better to see a similar installation like DC Rivals or a Dive Coaster where Thunder River Rapids once stood which would've delivered a more exciting response and no doubt bring large crowds back to the park. 

1 hour ago, Theme Park Enthusiast said:

17 million is pretty damn close to $30 million, considering they wasting money on a water park expansion as well 

How is $17m close to $30m?

$13m isn’t just loose change in the cup holder of your car...even for a theme park 

and a water park expansion is well overdue 

59 minutes ago, Theme Park Enthusiast said:

a river ride is not needed considering they have a wave pool already.

In what world is a lazy river the same as a wave pool? That’s like saying why build a hypercoaster when you have a monorail already..  

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion