All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. auspicious

Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

Good one! MW were given approval by the govt to reopen like most businesses in qld and can actually afford to do so unlike their competitors so of course they're now rampant with cases. ZING! 🤣
  3. auspicious

Fright Nights Tribute Store

Universal have these events basically 100% planned more than 12 months in advance so it's quite likely they had merch purchased long before cancellation was an inevitability. I can't see Movieworld having had this planned. Plus do they even push merch in a big way like they do in the States?
  4. AlexB

Nah - that's at Movie World.
  5. Brad2912

Expecting more coaster pieces to arrive? Repainting the carpark lines? Making room for a drive thru covid-testing facility?
  6. themagician

Driving past DW this morning I noticed that all staff are having to park on the eastern side of the carpark (closed part to the highway). Some areas of the carpark have been roped off. This week the bucket for the Pipeline Plunge has finally returned too
  7. jjuttp

Meanwhile on account of not opening amongst other things, Ardent shares hit 30c closing on Monday night. Hasn't been that low since April.
  8. Brad2912

Good. Sydney metro residents were already restricted, and I don’t think people travelling from rural nsw were really making up much of the current attendance numbers, especially now the school holidays are over.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Naazon

QLD is to shut the border to the rest of NSW and ACT (along with already excluded VIC) from 1am Saturday morning. This will be a blow to Theme Park attendance but a move I'm sure everyone in QLD has seen coming and not a surprise.
  11. themagician

@Brad2912 my mistake, this year would have been the 11th year. The family event began in 2006 and then in 2009 they changed it, but it was in 2011 when the name was introduced
  12. Brad2912

Sounds like a costly exercise for what is a non-event. They’d be better off pretending this test doesn’t exist and doing the 10 year thing next year (though I am sure it’s been going for more than 10 years, I’d swear we are at 11 or 12 years?)
  13. themagician

This year would have been the events 10th anniversary in the Fright Nights format. Surely they could create some merch to match this and bring in some limited edition stuff from years past
  14. AlexB

Give Theme Parks A Go Go a call - they can stock it with all of Joz's favourite flashy crap!
  15. Zanstabar

The park would need to have a bigger range of Fright Nights and Halloween/Horror specific merchandise to make it viable. Hasn't there only ever been a small handful of FN related merch each year? As a fan of all things spooky, would I love to see it? Absolutely, but I don't want to see it unless they fully commit and provide more than the bare minimum they normally do.
  16. Last week
  17. Levithian

Given how early corona hit and the park closing, I wouldnt be surprised if they hadn't produced anything for this years fright nights yet. Doesn't anything left over usually end up at sales? so might be pretty thin on the ground for previous years stuff too.
  18. Kids rides are one lease and operated by LPS staff. The bigger Joyland's rides are operated by their own staff. Wasn't always the case but has been for the last few years. Some supervisors are signed off to operate Joyland's major rides tho.
  19. Brad2912

New Roller-Coaster for Dreamworld

Each tree has been individually inspected. Trees are only removed if these pose a danger to the public or are in the way of an approved development. A couple of the 17 will be modified/have certain branches removed etc but not be fully removed, you may find the one by the parlour falls in that category as it’s not in the way of the coaster development.
  20. Flynn_Smith

Thought you'd ask. I noticed some of the trees proposed for removal are in front of the ice cream parlour. I think it'll look incredibly bland if they're removed - they add a bit of character to the space.
  21. Brad2912

Why so sad @Flynn_Smith ?
  22. Brad2912

Council has just approved an application for 17 trees to be removed. A few are for the construction of the new coaster, and some are due to recent large branch falls onto what would be high traffic areas had the park been open.
  23. Despite the Universal Orlando HHN event not running this year, the park decided to still open their event tribute store. If you don’t know what it is, it’s a themed store based around that year’s event and they sell merch, etc. With Fright Nights not going ahead I’d love to see Movie World do a similar thing. I was thinking the building to the right of Main Street, just before you walk under the roof, would be an ideal location for said store. It could include some pros from last years event or even previous year’s if they still have them. And sell general merch for the event and possibly old merch from previous years. Maybe it could open for the entirety of October. That allows for people to stilol enjoy a small part of the event this year. @Bikash Randhawa just a possible idea for the park, if it hasn’t already been considered
  24. I honestly could not care less if they get rid of the castle, sure it has been there for a long time. But getting rid of the castle will not only give an excuse to remove the hideous corpse of Viking's Revenge, but also free up space for future development.
  25. Maybe the new show is staff only. Like a little cabaret show.
  26. T-bone

You can run the train backwards or the other way so to speak, both sides of the carriages are accessible. I have done some considerable research into this possibility, the gradient and curve coming out of Billabong and back to central is also pretty mad. A wet day and you would struggle to get a full load up there. At present, it is the steepest grade in the park, but it’s ok because you are going in the down direction. I am very curious as to how they are going to do this. When construction starts at that end of the park, the area is going to change quite considerably.
  27. Slick

It's the station that really doesn't need to exist, TBH.
  28. red dragin

Of course, forgot about that station.
  1. Load more activity