All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. A boomerang of that kind in my opinion is a step back for the overall industry, they are outdated and speak cheap 90s investments. A modern Vekoma family boomerang might be a good idea, but that isn't the most crowd drawing attraction.
  3. Clones should and generally are cheaper if built like-for-like. Modifications or extras obviously increase it, but a manufacturer should be able to build a clone on a greenfields site cheaper than the original because they've learned their mistakes from the past. There is no reason to charge more for something simply because you've made one before. Sure, it proves it is successful, but as a buyer, i'm not going to agree to pay more because someone else already has one... first of all - why would I want what the other guy already has, unless it's cheap? And second of all, why are you charging me more than the other guy paid? If its a prototype, its different. Prototypes are experimental, require tweaking and modifications and may not work properly. The park gets a discount because there is a risk to both the manufacturer and the park if it doesn't work. Simply because something has been cloned, it doesn't mean the original was experimental - if it uses the same track designs and trains and launch or lift systems, or a combination of previously tried and tested technology, and this is just the right combination of lift\launch, track type, elements and trains. If a clone cost more, it's probably because - the site required extra work - say a sloping site where longer \ more support columns were needed, or the buyer asked for modifications - such as backwards facing seats, or spinning cars, or reverse spike triple launch...
  4. How can you be so sure of that? I'm sure that, prior to TRRR, all of us would have categorically stated that TRRR had a full power disconnect e-stop, and some people would have even claimed to have seen it... So to state 'definitely' is pretty ballsy, after all we've learned of 'behind-the-scenes' theme park maintenance...
  5. AlexB

The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

That's very presumptuous of you... When the money stops rolling in, you'd be surprised at what things can be cancelled even if they're already been budgeted for... Especially if the forward projections anticipated a certain amount of revenue to be received to fund those projects, that is now... not coming in. I would suggest you are the one who is most likely incorrect... consider this: I promised you a car. I showed you a McLaren F1, in an artists rendering. Then I showed you a Lambhorghini Murcielago in a physical 3D model. Then I changed the colour a couple of times and threw in a Ferrari F40 in some promotional imagery. Then, I delivered you a 1987 Toyota Camry, in three different colours because the doors were replaced with spare parts from the wreckers. Now - did I deliver a car? Yes. So technically, you can't complain, because I delivered a car. My promo material, concept art and such was always subject to change. And the lesson - the Toyota Camry is still world class... for 1987...
  6. Saw this this morning sitting in an auction place at Carrara on the Gold Coast. Would be perfect to do up and put on the river.
  7. Today
  8. Rivals and Blue Fire Clone are the same price because the figures are wrong
  9. Thrill Seeker

Why did DC Rivals cost so little?

I would think that new models would be cheaper because a business doesn't really know if a product is successful until someone tries it. As they start to produce more makes of the model they probably would be more expansive than the original because design features are probably tweaked. Example - Mack spinning extreme spin coaster at silver dollar city (time traveler) cost 26.5m USD. the new model being built a plopsaland I would estimate to cost at least $5m more. remember when ARROW tried to do prototypes they significantly discounted the person who bought it because the outcome was unknown. once the outcome is known and if it is successful they will jack the price up to profit from their previous loss on the prototype and try to make a small profit from it.
  10. I had this thought for a while (Shuttle Coaster at least) except Dreamworld need at least 3 full circuit coasters I think before looking into this. Not including BuzzSaw. Now ToT is gone it isn't too bad of an idea.
  11. Aussie World could get away with one. They have the space and its rarely in the same circles of chat as the GC Parks so its distanced its self that way. Another option is Wet N Wild. Add a few more "Waterfalls" and it becomes a water ride.
  12. Thrill Seeker

With the people who are talking about budget cuts I would assume you are most likely incorrect. Most of these projects would of fully been paid for way before the covid19 issue happened. things that may get budget cuts within the park could be a new coat of paint on a handrail or some kind of project that has not already started.
  13. Yesterday
  14. I think they have built one recently (like last 7 years) but not sure if that was a relocation. They'd still have the designs - if someone wanted to order one i'm sure they could do it.
  15. AlexB

Forum to chat about ff7

Whoa whoa - everyone slow down I can't keep up! Dude, this is a park forum. I assume you're talking about a game of some sort... and you're probably going to get only mixed reactions from a few...
  16. The thing people have to remember is that the issue with TRRR wasn’t what occurred during the ride course, it happened at the unload point of the vehicles. If any park is to say “look, this is why this is safe” and show the public, then it shouldn’t be an issue. When the LPS ghost train fire happened, it didn’t kill the prospect of further dark rides in Australia. People will move on, they just need the industry leaders to move on and show them there isn’t anything to worry about.
  17. I had a few moments spare, so I drew it up. The back end of WWF and Arkham is a bit of a mess as some studio buildings and park buildings are mixed in, but this is pretty much the park perimeter including all BOH areas. And for those who don't speak in Hectares...
  18. Honestly though any hysteria about a new Rapids attraction (when, and if) is easily dispelled. Modern technology means rapids rides don't need to load boats in the trough - all guest loading and unloading can be done on a solid, flat surface out of the water... Obviously the transitions on and off the conveyor are still risk points, but the continuous movement of the conveyor means there is unlikely to ever be a collision. Oh... and they'll probably have an e-stop.
  19. AlexB

the running wheels are going to wreak havoc on timber rails.... they'll be replacing them every six weeks in areas with high forces.... maybe they should put metal on top of the wooden rails to reduce the wear...
  20. Rydah Hi

Blue the Ride - Coming 2021!
  21. Not as much as they love VRTPs advertising dollars....
  22. You could be underestimating how much the media likes getting clicks. 😉
  23. You're bringing up PTSD for the killing of Movie World's glory days. 😥 I've pondered it for a while and I guess the article should just say "theme park". Clean and simple, if anything.
  24. Unless it was another Rapids style ride I don’t think the media would say boo. The media is also a lot more pro-VRTP than DW as well from what I have seen and I think that’s in a large part due to Clark Kirby’s direction and willingness to involve them in all aspects.
  25. Brad2912

Why did DC Rivals cost so little?

Would imagine clones are cheaper as they have the specs, required inventory lists, technical planning and testing patterns already in place.
  26. I personally wouldn’t say MW is themed to the film studios. The only ride that is loosely themed to an actual film is SDSC. The actual ties to my the industry such as the studio tour, special effects show etc are long gone, the stunt show is gone etc. I guess it is all in the wording
  1. Load more activity