TR - Dreamworld

DaptoFunlandGuy

Yah common sence would go a long way from the park visitors. I mean for me, and anyone ive visited parks with it hasnt been a problem to leave all our stuff with a non riding friend or have cameras, glasses etc put in our bags as we near the front of the que. However having said that not all people think like this and forget. Not to mention that a lot of people who visit these parks are visitors to australia and "do not speaker the english" which adds another complication.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first real post on this site - love reading the different opinions, however I am very surprised about people bagging Dreamworld. My wife and two kids have a yearly max action pass and we can't get enough of the place. Cant wait to ride The Claw As we live in Brisbane we make the effort to go as much as possible. However, we try to avoid school holidays like the plague. Been there done, that never again!!!!!! I agree that the wait for rides during the holidays can be horrendous. However Imdo understatnd that for some interstate visitors going during this period is their only option We usually go on a Saturday and find its really quiet - theres never more than a 15 minute wait for most rides. It allows us to divide our time between the thrill rides and the more sedate activities I have had no problems with the staff - in fact on one trip I fell seriously ill. The staff were great taling care of me, and one of the staff members even looked after our two children (10 &11) for a short while.

Dont get me wrong murph DW is a great place. It just has certain annoying problems currently. For instance the days I visited earlier in the year (a thurs and fri) there were long waits on any decent ride. Cyclone 30mins or so, TOT and GD close to an hour, and WO 20 mins or so. The only things we walked onto was vortex and reef diver. You just get kinda sick of standing in lines all day. Also who would vote to turn off the speakers in the TOT tunnel...Anyone wanted to smash the speakers after the 100'th time of hearing "this area contains toxic waste.....etc"

Not to mention that a lot of people who visit these parks are visitors to australia and "do not speaker the english" which adds another complication.
Yes that’s right there are a lot of people are from overseas and don't speak English, however if you are waiting to go on a ride for, lets say half a hour, do you not look at what is happening as people get on and off the ride? You see where people are putting their belongings and where everyone goes when they get off, yet on just about every cycle of a ride you will get at least one moron who tries to take stuff on the ride and tries to get off the same way they got on. I haven't seen it any theme parks yet but there should be a bucket next to where you buy the tickets that has a big sign that says "Please leave brains here before entering" Don't get me started on annoying theming. I spent many hours listening to the Space Probe video. If I hear any of those sounds ever again I might do a U.S postal worker. "The Bus is now leaving for Brains Hill, Tasmania"

Yes, previous posts could well have been posted as one, however I have some doubts over the attention span of some members, and posted 3 separate items to make for easier reading. Sometimes one has to do things differently to make a point. For those with greater capacity for reading, I apologise. In response to the TOT sound effects, I do believe that changes are at hand. I don't know when, or what, but planning and costing work is well underway. As for the common sense issues of park guests, I have often mumbled something along those lines of "please check your brain at the door", but honestly, these people are on holidays and park staff shouldn't forget that little point. Holidays for some is a time to relax a little, and not have to think so hard. Of course there is the little shock of entry prices that park guests must get over as they walk through the gates. (That'll be $232 thanks, here's your little bit of paper and map.) International visitors no doubt face language barriers when visiting Australian parks, and I know many Dreamworld staff speak other languages. We even have some staff who have some AUSLAN (sign language) skills. Personally I find language "barriers" interesting, and sometimes even entertaining to a degree. But if one were to observe others boarding a ride, as Wonderbus2003 mentioned, perhaps it ought to be a case of "monkey see, monkey do". Good to see that Big Murph was taken care of when falling ill. That service is one that all guests pay for, but thankfully few ever need to call upon. As Summer arrives some of you may even see Dreamworld's newest Healthcare buggy driving through the park. It's similar to a golf cart. I believe it was used several times last weekend for guests who had fainted. Drink more water, and eat some breakfast, damn it!

I dont think employing more staff is the answer to long queues. The main problem is the attitude of some of the employees. I was DW about 2 months ago and i was in line for the TOT and i couldnt work out why the ride was only going once every ten minutes. After 30 minutes we got to the last door before the pod and we heard the people getting off the ride and then the ride operators started talking about going to the hairdressers and what they were planning on doing on the weekend, they kept talking for about 10 minutes before letting us on the ride. If the ride operators were not so lazy the queue would have only been about 10 minutes long.

This is directed to everyone - please take a read of the Community Guidelines if you've not already done so. In particular pay attention to the points about the use of correct spelling and punctuation. Capitals start sentences and proper nouns (i.e. person or place names). Full stops finish them and commas are used throughout to emphasise things. Don't use "chat shorthand". Split paragraphs with spaces. No one is asking for perfection, just make it easier for everyone else to read and then respond to your posts by making them as neat as possible.

ahhhh, thanks for reminding me Pandora! It was about 5:30 in the afternoon (last monday) and as we were walking to the claw, this buggy with a police type light screamed up to the outside part of the central plaza is (the area where the catdog food shack is) and picked up a lady who just passed out onto the floor. Very surprising indeed. I have been talking to a lot of people lately who work at the park, and the first idea at the moment for TOT re-themeing is more tv screens. Now come on Dreamworld, that really is the quick way out. We need a re-doing or enhancement of themeing around the major rides. Its just sickening the vandelism etc. that has been done to the rides and what I find funny is people don't understand why people vandalise the rides in the first place. BECAUSE THEY'RE BORED! Surely not people like us (cough), but there a certainly people with short attention spans who will do anything to fill the time void. No ideas for themeing? You've read my many posts, now Dreamworld, take people from this site, who know what to do and have knowledge about this stuff, and apply it to your park! I understand why certain themeing objects are left the way they are, but you can't apply an excuse for lack of themeing for the whole park! I honestly send out an invitation to Dreamworld like what Rove is doing currently to our prime minister, I know you read these boards, so get on here, and give us an idea on what's happening. I dare you, PM us, or publicly post like we do. We want to get to know you. And you want input right? Save a few dollars in paying for people to do surverys and talk to us! We'll give you input for free.

To be honest for the TOT I think all the graffiti and stuff kinda fits in and actually suits the themeing. I mean isnt the idea supposed to be that your escaping form some sort of disaster. Kinda like you getting thru the last bit of wreckage as your waiting in the tunnel. However having said that Im not a fan of vandalism. Just as i said it kinda suits here.

Don't get me started on annoying theming.  I spent many hours listening to the Space Probe video.  If I hear any of those sounds ever again I might do a U.S postal worker.
which version bus? Channel 7 Version? or screwed up Sunway Version? i think the 7 Version was the better one, recognisable news reporters and stuff like that gave the "pre show" a bit more realism than some doped up actor with too much makeup.

"infiltration has been confirmed as coming from deep space. the ether tranmission signal which caused the infiltration, was an alien virus like organism of unknown origin. Seven-Net reporter Adam Walters is at the space probe 7 earth station...." lol. I mixed up some of that for Utopia one year... still have it here somewhere... lol.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that the staff working at Dreamworld when I was there recently were very courteous and friendly. Now, It's nice when someone has manners..and is efficient. Unfortunately some ride operators lack both. It doesn't usually bother me too much when a ride operator is a little quiet, they could be having a bad day- they are human after all. However lack of ride efficiency is something that needs to be looked at seriously on some rides. I don't believe queue lines can be "fixed" but rather improved. The cyclone theming is ridiculous, just make it straight forward..for a straight forward rollercoaster ;) Same with TOT. Also some air conditioning in the TOT queueing area would make it so much more comfortable :) As for TV screens, bah. Just show *something* on them, possibly with subtitles as you usually can't hear the actual show very well with a loud noisy ride and guests around.

just wanted to clear some thing up Quoted by Obstructure

and the recycling of the studio tour/sound stage, even though it had a fire.
Can I just clear something up the studio tour never burnt down The fire was down the road at the Warner Village Studios and the Sound Stage was owned by a private American Company so it didnt cost the theme park a thing. Also everybody knows where I work yet I still visit DW because I like parks you guys need to remember a high percentage of the public like to go to theme parks to have fun so thats why we are lucky all 4 of our parks are different. So stop whining like little Bit**es and do what Richard said and write to the park if you dont like queues ect.

I have no problems with Cyclone's Queue. Accept 1, we were waiting in the queue for 30 mins (alright nothing wrong with that) but only 3 times, i heard and saw the ride go past. Now to me there is something wrong here. Enough bitching about cyclone, now onto TOT. Tot's queue is shocking. It's like a Walk in regrigirator. Cheap White coregrated walls, and tempoary stair cases (for the first half). Now how long has Nick Central been open? Since they had to move the entrance around to the other end of the station, it's never been fixed. It's horrible. Then when you turn the corner, you have some nice underground themeing. Something has to be done about the first part of that. And also clairey, as far as i remember, TOT had those Bar Air-Conditioners.

Alright, let's clear things up. I'm guessing Paul is referring to the two reverse cycle daikin air conditioners that are in the first, "grey" half of the tot. These are always turned on low, probably because someone has nicked of with the controller. Secondly, in the second part of the tower of terror, the are to inbuilt vents on the walls that virtually do jack and all. Lastly, there's a floor fan they got recently for the last part upstairs. Advanced technology indeed. Cyclone is indeed crap. Huge, loud fans that so sweet "f" all, and "sometimes" spray some very hot water. Apart from that, there is no way of circulating the hot air of the multiple levels of people. And as for Giant Drop, damn, don't get me started. Talk about nothing and then some.

ahhhhhhhhh dreamworld in summer, has that time of year come round again...:( I dont even wanna think wat it will be like after xmas in those 4 weeks...and u guys with ur cyclone fan and hot water stoyries have just reminded me of how bad it is going to be in a cppl weeks...thanks ..lol. those times when at 11.00 ur face is already burnt to the crisp, no breeze, wet hair, humid and stinking hot.:) and the heat from dreamworlds concrete just beams right up. see ya at dreams:)