Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

4 hours ago, wikiverse said:

Village let the bad reviews and negative sentiment set in, not just with enthusiasts but with the general public.  One can only assume that visitor numbers are down and people aren't renewing passes, so they've started some crisis PR to try to save the park's reputation because they've finally realised that reputational damage = real financial damage.

I do wonder if it really did start to hit their pocket, they are even including a bonus 12M ride/candid photo pass currently for all One Pass Locals/Lite/Renewals from May 15 to June 30.

They haven’t included a Photo Pass with their passes since the VIP Magic Pass.

2 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I do wonder if it really did start to hit their pocket, they are even including a bonus 12M ride/candid photo pass currently for all One Pass Locals/Lite/Renewals from May 15 to June 30.

They haven’t included a Photo Pass with their passes since the VIP Magic Pass.

Sorry I am just confused in what you mean? By 12M? So you get an unlimited photo pass with the locals pass? Or you get a couple photos? Or is it like a random draw thing

1 minute ago, REGIE said:

Sorry I am just confused in what you mean? By 12M? So you get an unlimited photo pass with the locals pass? Or you get a couple photos? Or is it like a random draw thing

Currently anybody who purchases a new locals pass or renews receives a 12 month Digital Fast Photo pass that sells separately for $80.

IMG_5506.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Currently anybody who purchases a new locals pass or renews receives a 12 month Digital Fast Photo pass that sells separately for $80.

IMG_5506.png

Sweet! Mine runs out in June! Wasn't gonna renew it but I actually will now. Shows these things work

Edited by REGIE

It might not be ‘all new’ because they’ve been open for 15 months now, but it’s their newest thing, so they’re going to keep marketing them as new until something newer opens. 

I’d argue that Trident has been closed more than it’s been open, so in terms of its operating lifetime, it would only be a couple months old and therefore new.

DW are also currently marketing they have 11 new attractions. They really only have 4 brand new attractions, but the other 7 are refurbished/rethemed, so they’re counting them to bump out the number for marketing.

• Like 1

Honest question I know its a bussiness and they want to make as much $ as possible but I think the amount of people MW let in at peak times is ridiclous.

If reputation really is important they should cap tickets sold online or have a booking system for 1 day tickets because during holidays is where most of the word of mouth comes from.

If they care about the reputation and it really does play a big part People are not going to reward the park with good reviews and returns if every ride has a 3 hour que and staff treat you like a peice of shit. Moive World for me need to get this right Long ques need to be expected but they need to be within in reason and their has to be more effort to make you enjoy your day. 

This applies to Dreamworld but because its bigger and doesent reach the same attendance Is the only reason why I have targeted MW on this ocasion. 

But I like how MW socials have been theres not fault in that and im very happy with their recent steps in the past week.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, themagician said:

That is a very narrow entrance pathway for an all new world-class world-first land

Might need traffic lights for opposing wheelchair traffic.  /s

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

I reckon that concrete was more expensive than moving the churro carts in the lethal weapon alleyway

I'm still holding onto hope, MW will reinstate the alleyway.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The park has officially released some of the concept artworks we’ve seen before

IMG_4896.thumb.jpeg.f59e530cd2e14f6084f1ccc54440f9d7.jpeg
IMG_4897.thumb.jpeg.fd174d6b16518f286598e507a5edc0ac.jpeg

IMG_4898.thumb.jpeg.b0322d1b97ba914c2e15688f7bfd8f23.jpeg

IMG_4899.thumb.jpeg.51c69561f7b80f70a633f56bacd81b5c.jpeg

They also confirmed in this video that you’ll enter a room and decide with coaster you want to head to. Then you follow a path (that’ll be themed to set up the story for the coaster you’ve chosen). When you exit the coasters that will take you to the main plaza where the Emerald Castle will be.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/rggNR5vh6jwzmtho/?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themagician said:

They also confirmed in this video that you’ll enter a room and decide with coaster you want to head to. Then you follow a path (that’ll be themed to set up the story for the coaster you’ve chosen). When you exit the coasters that will take you to the main plaza where the Emerald Castle will be.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/rggNR5vh6jwzmtho/?

What a ridiculous layout. So basically they keep the side door from arkham that skips half the queue, you walk in, do the pre show, line up for the coasters, ride, then get spat out at emerald city? You'd figure you want guests walking through that big rainbow entrance into your new $50 million land with the fancy building and decorated paths as a good first impression, rather than being spat out in it after you queue for an hour and ride. People design better land layouts in planet coaster

You'd think they'd shut that side door but they might not even do that

Edited by Baconjack

7 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

So basically they keep the side door from arkham that skips half the queue, you walk in, do the pre show, line up for the coasters, ride, then get spat out at emerald city?

Exactly. Which is why the main entrance to the land being by Superman is ridiculous. If they used the alley way you’d get to follow the full yellow brick road, get the wow factor and then head to the left and into the ride entrances 

• Like 1

Nowhere in that video does it show anyone using a side door to skip anything. 

Nobody is skipping the theming and being spat out in the land after. 

Edited by rappa
  • Like 1

maybe i interpreted it differently but for me, it seems like to enter the queue for the rides you need to go to the emerald city and then walk into the castle where you can choose from in there? So you will need to be in the plaza for the land to get onto the rides then you exit back into the Emerald City where you can walk back into the castle (Queue lines) and reselect what ride you want

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, Themepark Enthusist said:

maybe i interpreted it differently but for me, it seems like to enter the queue for the rides you need to go to the emerald city and then walk into the castle where you can choose from in there? So you will need to be in the plaza for the land to get onto the rides then you exit back into the Emerald City where you can walk back into the castle (Queue lines) and reselect what ride you want

I believe this is correct

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I wouldn’t assume the video was filmed that recently and that SE is testing yet.

Well, if that’s the case and I think it is, that would mean that this video is almost 2 months old.

It’s only been 3 weeks since the 6 week closure was announced so highly doubt that this is ‘recent’ 

Edited by TV15