Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

On 05/04/2024 at 7:55 PM, themagician said:

so I wonder why they’ve had to change it for this one

I've no idea, but I imagine it might be a nicer ride experience for duelling trains if there is nothing in the gap between the trains as opposed to two staircases. The station exit is a possibility also.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2024 at 7:55 PM, themagician said:

And on Tweetstryd at Wildlands (the only other location this coaster is located at) they have the stairs on the inside, so I wonder why they’ve had to change it for this one

From the concept art it looks like maybe the exit is in between the two tracks? Could be why they moved the staircases to the outside. Looks weird to me, especially after seeing Tweetstryd

Its a Vekoma design change to address station design challenges identified in the original inception. Better access for authorised personnel, more suitable placement based on MOCC and OCC locations, operational station design and flow etc. 

The connection bridge is not standard however, it is an add on. Likely chosen to support inspection and access efficiency.  

Edited by Levram__

With the discussions around Flash/Superman/Batwings maintenance schedule in the other topic, it sparked a thought.

When Superman has ever closed for maintenance, they fence off the pathway to access the ride. When AA was still around, they would open the back alleyway so that guests could still access the ride.

With the main entrance to WoO set to be from the Superman courtyard, do we think they will have a new plan for how they complete works on Superman so you can still access Wizard, or will they use their plan from AA and just open up the alleyway? If they do go with this plan, that would (surely) mean they will theme that pathway to creat that immersive transition into the Land of Oz. Which then makes me think they may have a second entrance to the land that they’ll keep open if they go to the effort of theming it. 

And if everything I’ve just said isn’t true, then that’s a massive swing and miss…again. But I have some faith in village that they’ll score a home run.

30 minutes ago, themagician said:

With the discussions around Flash/Superman/Batwings maintenance schedule in the other topic, it sparked a thought.

When Superman has ever closed for maintenance, they fence off the pathway to access the ride. When AA was still around, they would open the back alleyway so that guests could still access the ride.

With the main entrance to WoO set to be from the Superman courtyard, do we think they will have a new plan for how they complete works on Superman so you can still access Wizard, or will they use their plan from AA and just open up the alleyway? If they do go with this plan, that would (surely) mean they will theme that pathway to creat that immersive transition into the Land of Oz. Which then makes me think they may have a second entrance to the land that they’ll keep open if they go to the effort of theming it. 

And if everything I’ve just said isn’t true, then that’s a massive swing and miss…again. But I have some faith in village that they’ll score a home run.

Isn’t it more or less confirmed that WoO will have a second entrance?

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Not that I’ve seen or heard, I think so far it’s all just been assumptions

This, I haven't seen anything confirmed. Current construction obviously shows the main entrance as likely being next to SE.

I hope the entrance next to Scooby is a second entrance and always open but it wouldn't shock me if it is generally closed in order to funnel people back into Main St.

11 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I hope the entrance next to Scooby is a second entrance and always open

Same, but it took them many many years to decide to do this for AA and it felt like they really didn’t want to.

I believe it was ‘That’s so Mid’ that shared on their socials a look through the hole in the Scooby alley gate and there was no sign of any construction happening in that part.

If they don’t do something to it they’ll need to construct a gate there or something to ‘hide’ that alleyway so you ‘can’t see’ down there so it ‘doesn’t distract’ guests from their multi-million dollar shiny new ‘world-class’ land.

18 minutes ago, themagician said:

If they don’t do something to it they’ll need to construct a gate there or something to ‘hide’ that alleyway so you ‘can’t see’ down there so it ‘doesn’t distract’ guests from their multi-million dollar shiny new ‘world-class’ land.

Look i'm not a fire safety expert, but I dont think it's wise to permanently block that alley off from Oz, regardless of their intentions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, themagician said:

Same, but it took them many many years to decide to do this for AA and it felt like they really didn’t want to.

I believe it was ‘That’s so Mid’ that shared on their socials a look through the hole in the Scooby alley gate and there was no sign of any construction happening in that part.

They’ll most likely repaint the walls or something. I remember seeing somewhere concept art for an archway to the land that would sit at the top of the alleyway so I reckon there are intentions to retain it.

Having guests walk in and out of superman plaza would result in far too many people around that section of the park, they should have both of those walkways open where possible. Plus you will need an extra route out of the land for an evacuation

Edited by Baconjack

• 2 weeks later...