Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Please explain to me what this space is needed for, besides a couple of dumpsters and a place to store food carts when not in use?

image.thumb.png.f5c58dd8d6947b9ca1ab402611eda4f9.png

from what i’ve heard the area is used for F&B, janitor and retail departments storage, easier transportation of carts and BOH stuff and general break areas. it seems very utilised. 

11 minutes ago, Noll_57 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if WOO gets a third entrance from WWF too (through the gate next to Boot Hill/the smoking area that’s currently only opened for FN). The original concept image shows a path that appears to lead down that way. 

It sounds good but would it happen? probably not. my guess is it’ll stay exclusive for back of house and fright nights.

44 minutes ago, Rivals said:

from what i’ve heard the area is used for F&B, janitor and retail departments storage, easier transportation of carts and BOH stuff and general break areas. it seems very utilised. 

Where were those things being stored prior to being dumped in the lane way for the near 2 decades it was a public accessible area? It’s not like the park has had an exponential increase in the number of food carts, mops and buckets, and bread dollies. 

It’s likely one day someone dumped something there out of a minuscule amount of convenience, and it started a chain reaction.

what has been done can be undone 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

what has been done can be undone 

why try and alter the way it is ran now to go back to the old school way when how it is currently being ran, is working. If there was no access next to Scooby then yeah 100% it’s needed to be reopened, but when the Chinatown alleyway is essential just another path to get to the Scooby alley it doesn’t need to be opened and they can just open the Scooby alley. Yeah it’s not as big as the Chinatown entry way but it’s good enough for crowd flow, you can notice it during Fright Nights and White Christmas

Edited by Rivals

47 minutes ago, Rivals said:

why try and alter the way it is ran now to go back to the old school way when how it is currently being ran, is working.

It’s working now as there isn’t an entire world of entertainment at the other end of it. When there is in 18 months time, the way it was previously was far better than scooby alley, and far more prominent and easy to find. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It’s working now as there isn’t an entire world of entertainment at the other end of it. When there is in 18 months time, the way it was previously was far better than scooby alley, and far more prominent and easy to find. 

even though you have a good point, i very highly doubt they’re going to change it. 

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Exactly. Businesses make decisions that make sense for the current situation.  Sometimes changes have to happen when the situation changes.  

3 hours ago, Rivals said:

why try and alter the way it is ran now to go back to the old school way

It’s not going backwards, it’s just adapting . 

2 hours ago, webslave said:

Are you familiar with Lingchi, out of interest?

i hope you’re referencing a saying i'm unaware of and not the meaning of what i know the word as, lord… as Nene Leaks once said:

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

It’s not going backwards, it’s just adapting . 

adapting would be adding a new building to store what they need there instead of the JDSC building, not disrupting the BOH movement of several departments.

14 hours ago, Noll_57 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if WOO gets a third entrance from WWF too (through the gate next to Boot Hill/the smoking area that’s currently only opened for FN). The original concept image shows a path that appears to lead down that way. 

This is an interesting idea. The Fright Nights mazes are currently an underutilised facility as well. Many of the US parks have large facilities (See the Knott's Wilderness Dance Hall as an example) where it hosts mazes for halloween, but is used for boysenberry festival as a food and drink service area - it hosts many different events throughout the year. If the FN maze buildings were on a guest-accessible route, they could utilise these facilities throughout the year to host many different activities, offerings and such.

14 hours ago, Rivals said:

So pure laziness activity. The departments don't "need" this space at all.

13 hours ago, Rivals said:

why try and alter the way it is ran now to go back to the old school way when how it is currently being ran, is working. If there was no access next to Scooby then yeah 100% it’s needed to be reopened, but when the Chinatown alleyway is essential just another path to get to the Scooby alley it doesn’t need to be opened and they can just open the Scooby alley. Yeah it’s not as big as the Chinatown entry way but it’s good enough for crowd flow, you can notice it during Fright Nights and White Christmas

You still haven't demonstrated that the chinatown alley is essential for the departments to use as BOH. As a matter of fact the more we discover about how this area is used, the less it seems like it is essential or necessary.

12 hours ago, Rivals said:

even though you have a good point, i very highly doubt they’re going to change it. 

I want you to imagine this - the park is building a huge, brand new land. Anchored by three rollercoasters, more than they've ever built in a single install, themed to a brand new, never seen in park (in a major way) intellectual property. 

Just like Lethal Weapon or Wild West before it, it has an immersive pathway directly from Main Street, with a huge bridge over the front announcing to the (movie) world when can be found down that path. 

No, it's ok. Make everyone walk through the Superman Plaza, or they can pray to find a hidden passageway behind a dining area....

Arkham Asylum - Shock Therapy | Thrill Ride · Roller Coaster at Warner  Bros. Movie World | Parkz - Theme ParksFile:Wild West Falls sign.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

I know the tree is gone, but this sure looks like the entrance to a brand new multimillion dollar land!!!

image.thumb.png.869bb306c0a481946e5f6c867329d737.pngimage.thumb.png.a4a80ae73f5bc4a2454fb04c5a6f0e03.png

Yes - this is how i'd want to present my brand new IP - by directing people to walk past the superhero or the cartoon dog.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

@DaptoFunlandGuycan you not read? i’ve said it sounds like a good idea a couple times, but i highly doubt it would happen as the space is used by many different departments for many different things. to simplify it even more, would i like it to happen? yes. in reality would it happen? most likely not.

there wasn’t really a need to write all of that when someone’s saying it would be a good idea, you’re acting like i run the park and it’s my decision on wether or not they use this space. a hobby is needed. 

again

there are plenty of spaces in the park for food carts and whatever retail has in storage that doesn’t necessitate using the chinatown alley.

C041F5AC-F377-4A40-9614-F64476B3FB3C.thumb.jpeg.c9783a409f5503851b76556e5165e279.jpeg

why aren’t they here?

F1F437D9-81B3-4667-9D48-FC2DA38B54D2.thumb.jpeg.777fcd2d4dd83bd64bb17fa538822ee5.jpeg

or here. a stop gap solution. not ideal for the long term but nothing will happen to this for at least another 5 years so maybe all the crap that’s stored in the chinatown alley would fit without much inconvenience for workers?

thinking outside the box why not the superman show building? this shit doesn’t cost money and could literally be done within a day. plenty of other little corners that could be used too but i can’t be asked to write them all up.

making guests walk past superman and flash to get to a completely different standalone area makes no sense at all (especially as you’re supposed to see emerald city as you enter the land) neither does an obscured corner which has its access partially blocked off by a dining area.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, REGIE said:

why do you find it so unrealistic?  

They’re taking over a year to relocate a ride that takes weeks to construct. The area that’d benefit from the change is on the plot of land of a ride that stood SNBO for years without any explanation. It took them years to demolish a rotting hut in their kids section. Their only thrilling flat ride has been barely operational for ages, and is currently as ‘thrilling’ as the Claw on 50% speed. They’re not exactly known for being forward-thinking, fast, or doing any more than the bare minimum. Thus, though it’s a nice thought and not necessarily ‘unrealistic’, I’d definitely go with ‘unlikely’.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tricoart said:

They’re taking over a year to relocate a ride that takes weeks to construct.

The latest i've heard is the ride requires a whole new 'lot of things'. I've heard the track went vertical today so i'd say the halfpipe will be standing within a week or two, weather depending. Getting it open will be subject to the new rules and laws on amusement devices post-TRRR. 

I had also heard whisper that a new train was coming too. This might not have always been the plan, from what I recall of the earlier details i'd heard - that may also contribute to delays if it wasn't ordered day one.

I've got no response to the rest of what you said though - Amen.

5 hours ago, Tricoart said:

They’re taking over a year to relocate a ride that takes weeks to construct. The area that’d benefit from the change is on the plot of land of a ride that stood SNBO for years without any explanation. It took them years to demolish a rotting hut in their kids section. Their only thrilling flat ride has been barely operational for ages, and is currently as ‘thrilling’ as the Claw on 50% speed. They’re not exactly known for being forward-thinking, fast, or doing any more than the bare minimum. Thus, though it’s a nice thought and not necessarily ‘unrealistic’, I’d definitely go with ‘unlikely’.

While everything you said is true, there has been a lot of movement in the last few years, since the investment firm came in. Nothing amazing, just doing things you expect, but they are actually doing them all now (with exception of DD, but that ones very obviously an issue that they are aware of).

11 hours ago, Baconjack said:

again

there are plenty of spaces in the park for food carts and whatever retail has in storage that doesn’t necessitate using the chinatown alley.

C041F5AC-F377-4A40-9614-F64476B3FB3C.thumb.jpeg.c9783a409f5503851b76556e5165e279.jpeg

why aren’t they here?

F1F437D9-81B3-4667-9D48-FC2DA38B54D2.thumb.jpeg.777fcd2d4dd83bd64bb17fa538822ee5.jpeg

or here. a stop gap solution. not ideal for the long term but nothing will happen to this for at least another 5 years so maybe all the crap that’s stored in the chinatown alley would fit without much inconvenience for workers?

thinking outside the box why not the superman show building? this shit doesn’t cost money and could literally be done within a day. plenty of other little corners that could be used too but i can’t be asked to write them all up.

making guests walk past superman and flash to get to a completely different standalone area makes no sense at all (especially as you’re supposed to see emerald city as you enter the land) neither does an obscured corner which has its access partially blocked off by a dining area.

The reason the carts are stored in back of house here is because food and bev have their warehouse and offices for retail sales in the park.

You would have to build infill walls that partition off access to the various departments now in this area which would narrow this space further. Im not sure if you could reclaim the space against the superman building. There are false walls on the left side of the alley with a pretty large cavity behind. Hides things like the old HVAC units from the movie magic sound stage show that used to be in the building. 

There isn't as much space to that alley way wall as you might think. It also has emergency exits from the ride. There are a lot of services on the left side of the alley way too. It's not just so clear cut. 

The new area is honestly in a poor position where it is. Ideally you would like to be walking right through the middle of the scooby building straight up to the new land, but obviously that doesnt work. You can't really go around the back of scooby too as it further reduces back of house access during the day, not only to the rear of scooby but retail/merchandising have offices in the old petrol station building too. Plus, when scooby doo shuts for annual maintenance, access is needed to the lift and the high areas through the back of the building, so the whole access would be closed off any time scooby doo is down for work. 

I think we are just going to have to settle with a number of average entry/exit points as nobody is going to start tearing down walls or buildings to provide increased public access. 

7 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The latest i've heard is the ride requires a whole new 'lot of things'. I've heard the track went vertical today so i'd say the halfpipe will be standing within a week or two, weather depending. Getting it open will be subject to the new rules and laws on amusement devices post-TRRR. 

I had also heard whisper that a new train was coming too. This might not have always been the plan, from what I recall of the earlier details i'd heard - that may also contribute to delays if it wasn't ordered day one.

I've got no response to the rest of what you said though - Amen.

Afaik, it hasn't been recommissioned and has experienced substancial upgrades while it was closed which haven't been fully implemented. So the long shut times could likely be a combination of having to implement changes, test and report with the aide of intamin, then submit to the government for approval and registration. It would have come under the new laws regarding 10 yearly maintenance too, so there could be a number of things that need to be done or changed to meet their requirements. And that's all before they might consider things to make it look pretty like theming, or even the notion of training staff. Plus, we know what village are like, if they can't make a show of it during a holiday period they are likely to wait until the next one for an opening even if the attraction is ready. So christmas holiday period might be too close, which makes easter holidays in april the next one in line. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t think it needs a new thread as it’s just another weird monetisation choice from MW, so I’ll post it here instead ‘cause IG it’s the most related thread: Movie World’s launched a “world’s first” TikTok Live subscription, and have promised behind-the-scenes tours of both the park & WoO’s construction site as giveaway prizes. They also mention a soon-to-come announcement for the September school holidays (which, if I had to guess, is the hut replacement/rumoured arcade). Video includes an angle of what I believe is Arkham’s old station.

https://www.facebook.com/100064603124561/posts/684103177086447/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

...So for abour $108 a year, you can get behind the scenes snippets of their new attraction build and other park elements.

...For a few dollars more, you can get hours of behind the scenes at Disney, plus literal years of streaming movies and TV series as well on Disney Plus. 

...Don't forget the last construction blog they had for Leviathan just randomly stopped when they topped out the ride and we didn't get any other updates from that blog for the 18+ months between that and opening day