Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

10 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

I still dont see the hate for this pivot element 

Nor do I understand why its any worse or more complicated of an element than a flipping switch track
If anything seems like it would be simpler mechanically than the flipping track or at least the same but instead of the riders just sitting on a static piece of track they experience an unexpected movement during the switch

Bermuda had 2, and WWF has one under 90 degrees. I don't get the hate either tbh

28 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

I still dont see the hate for this pivot element 

Nor do I understand why its any worse or more complicated of an element than a flipping switch track
If anything seems like it would be simpler mechanically than the flipping track or at least the same but instead of the riders just sitting on a static piece of track they experience an unexpected movement during the switch

Exactly, like maybe there are existing technologies that JR (JR2?) could’ve used instead, like a switch track midway through the ride a la Expedition Everest, but that doesn’t mean this is useless or “one of the stupidest elements on a coaster”. And, even if it somehow is such a pointless endeavour, it’s literally a family coaster. So what if it’s got a system that does something a second slower than another ride, or doesn’t rotate to the preconceived angle that makes it worthwhile? None of the target audience is going to the ride, seeing the turntable and going “I can’t believe Dreamworld didn’t make the turntable rotate 90 degrees or more, I’m cancelling my season pass & going to Sea World.”. It’s a concept that Vekoma made, and Dreamworld saw worth in purchasing. That’s it.

And, again, I think the element makes more sense once you look at their Boomerangs (hence why I bought them up, in an attempt to explain why it’s weird to call off the concept before the first installation has even been constructed)

Edited by Tricoart

10 minutes ago, joz said:

Bermuda had 2, and WWF has one under 90 degrees. I don't get the hate either tbh

I thought WWF was 90 deg but I'm not going to split hairs with you over it.  As for the hate, I never said I hated it, I said it was stupid if the ride was only to move 2m.

Go to all that trouble to design a new element that only moves 2m. 😂

My spitballing post below is going on the assumption of the ride beginning facing forwards or backwards.

As for enclosed switchback, if the ride starts at the height of Billabong / Big Red Car, the enclosed turntable could be inside the ToT station building after completing some of the ride already. 
For the story - if you're driving in an Aussie jungle, what's going to make you want to put the jeep into reverse? Cassowary? Crocodile? Rolling boulder? If the story is an "escape from", you could do the story at either the station if starting reversed (Leviathan), or the turntable if starting forwards. 

I think the reason you might choose to do it this way is to avoid an obvious chamber with a switch track at the bottom of the drop. You can fully theme the entry and exit tunnels (presuming it has them) and then the room with the inclined turntable can be one big impressive space.

Could also allow some more flexibility in the design, eg the entry and exit points can have more curved track on the leadup.

image.thumb.png.752a67d4f06c43c52ff982f18d80cdf0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good hey.  Looks like just a genuinely enjoyable ride you could marathon easily without getting bored.  If that’s the thrill level we get then awesome!  When BBM’s tree’s grow the area is going to look very lush.

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 1

On 24/11/2022 at 11:24 AM, themagician said:

My understanding is the entire ABC kids area will be demolished, potentially even the restaurant and will be used for the new coaster and vintage cars. 

I believe that they won't remove the old restaurant because if you look at the concept art they have included the old restraint which I believe they have done on purpose because they would be having the restraint will be returning

rivertown reastraunt  (2).jpg

• 2 months later...

In the 7 News report last week they stated that ABC Kids World would be closing in October for demolition to allow for the construction of the new Rivertown. The Play School Wheel is scheduled for maintenance from October 9 to December 8. I suspect the land will be closing on October 9, the wheel will be removed and taken to BOH for its refurbishment before being installed in Dreamland. So the next school holidays will be the last time to walk through the land.

9 hours ago, themagician said:

My guess would be by the end of the year and with install early next year. If the land is going to be as well themed as stated during the announcement, I suspect the coaster track will go up pretty early in the year to allow for all the theming to be constructed around it.

Funniest Milk Ad Ever! (Australian) - YouTube

I just want Rivertown that looks like real Rivertown.