The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

29 minutes ago, New display name said:

How do you gather this?

the website below is normally pretty accurate with what attractions are opened or not, when the park was open all 4 were listed as not operating (Virtual Queue always says open unless a rides closed for maintenance which is weird.) It makes sense when looking at yesterday, Leviathan was having issues all yesterday, Tridents finishing testing, Vortex was open for around 2hrs total and Jet Rescue got stuck on the final breaks 2x and was closed pretty much all day.

https://queue-park.com/parks/village-roadshow/sea-world/

Edited by Rivals

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

Leviathan was having issues all yesterday

It really wasn’t, it ran fairly consistently from 11am until 3:30pm. More uptime than most rides at SW on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

pretty sure it’s connected to the software used for the parks app,

Bingo, it scrapes data from Accesso.

Edited by Park Addict 93

7 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

It really wasn’t, it ran fairly consistently from 11am until 3:30pm. More uptime than most rides at SW on Sunday.

I mean that is true, Vortex and Jet Rescue were down all day and the only ride with more operating time was Storm, which only closed for 20mins during the day as a guest swung on one of the queue line chains and needed medical attention. 

Edited by Rivals

14 minutes ago, Luke Beazley said:

This is what happened on Friday too. For multiple hours no major attraction was running, Storm and Jet Rescue included.

Quite correct, Vortex was having some issues for a large part of the day. Seperate to that issue though, there was a couple points in the day where the wind was gusting above 60km/h, which shut the other stuff down. A good chunk of Leviathan's down time was due to the wind.

25 minutes ago, joz said:

Quite correct, Vortex was having some issues for a large part of the day. Seperate to that issue though, there was a couple points in the day where the wind was gusting above 60km/h, which shut the other stuff down. A good chunk of Leviathan's down time was due to the wind.

Exactly! From what I have been told/experienced, majority of it was wind like you said, plus around 30 minute delay later in the arvo after they had to evacuate guests from the brake run.

Edited by Luke Beazley
spelling

1 minute ago, Tricoart said:

No, that one was going around in circles.  

33 minutes ago, Rivals said:

It still says Closed Due To High Winds on the website and the queue times website still shows all 3 rides as closed.

No high winds today.  I took the boat out to the Palm Beach Reef before work and my hair was perfect when I got home.

8 minutes ago, New display name said:

No high winds today.  I took the boat out to the Palm Beach Reef before work and my hair was perfect when I got home.

High winds is mostly their excuse to finish the commissioning process, it doesn’t make sense to tell people it’s closed due to high winds but then also testing the ride on the same day. 

9 minutes ago, New display name said:

No, that one was going around in circles.  

only because peoples opinions were “wrong” if they didn’t fit with what other people on here believed, this is the only topic now where we can talk about the New Atlantis’s rides operating status. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rivals said:

High winds is mostly their excuse to finish the commissioning process, it doesn’t make sense to tell people it’s closed due to high winds but then also testing the ride on the same day. 

I think they just really need to update their website quicker, cause Vortex & Levi still say they're open from Friday (which, if what everything else points to is to be believed, they haven't been for at least 2 days). Which, speaking of, the recent Google Reviews for Sea World also corroborate that they've been closed for those 2 days.

25274647_Screenshot(62).thumb.png.a8c34fec03467820fe8effbc384c8645.png

Edited by Tricoart

If it really is just going to become an argument all over again once operations are bought up, forget I said anything. As it stands, this is the topic for New Atlantis feedback, and unless a 2nd topic solely focused on it's operation is made/opened (that I'm not going to do, in case it heads the same way as last), this is the only place it's operations can be discussed.

Edit: They're back on the maintenance page, now with images.

Screenshot (64).png

Edited by Tricoart