Leviathan - Operations and Soft Opening Complaints

Tricoart

22 hours ago, rappa said:

There is no such thing as a soft opening, its open or its not. When parks like Disney do ‘technical rehearsals’ they bring in select groups at select times to ride. Sea World already did this with staff and contractors. And the reason? Because if you had public there they would be all buthurt just like the above when they didn’t get to ride. 

1) Soft openings don’t exist.

2) SW did everything right and all complaints are for nothing.

Edited by Tricoart

6 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

I am also willing to accept bribes from Village. 

Add me to that list too.

“Soft openings don’t exist, and I have been very stupid in the recent conversation, unlike Rappa who is a consistent voice of reason!”

That’s a taste of what you could get, Bikash hmu

Edited by Tricoart

53 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I dont think the exit is temporary walls.

They are finished in that pearlescent paint with wavy lines, just like the photo pass area and the test seat area.

PXL_20221203_010926417.jpg

Unfortunately, that is the finished goods. The whole area is hit and miss and worst part of it is the best themed area that you want to take in, SW rushes you past. 

45 minutes ago, rappa said:

Its getting pretty funny now with all these assumptions. 
Who said they didn’t run the ride under normal conditions with staff?

Who said the exit is temporary?

You have all just decided these things to fit the narrative you’ve invented. 

@Rivals the more times you say Fully Commissioned the more ridiculous your definition get’s and make’s no sense when coupled with your ‘it’s not ready yet’ opinion.  

They ran the ride with staff for one day, which was also the first time higher ups had ridden the ride as all checks were done. As of the 10th of November the ride hadn’t been commissioned yet, which is a fact as i was told by a reliable source “cannot ride till all the checks are done which is not far away” when asking if this person had ridden the ride yet. This gives a 16 day gap between the 10th and the 26th (staff previews), which was 6 days prior to the rides grand opening. 

the only assumption made was that the theming was not finished, the exit walls didn’t seem permanent and as they also weren’t on the same level of theming as the rest of the ride, it made me think the walls are just temporary and the theming wasn’t finished off yet behind those walls.

Let’s look at the definition of Commissioning. Bringing something (like a ride) into working condition is ensuring all checks, testing, and ride components are in place and completed, which is what i said. So, how’s my definition ridiculous, when it’s the actual definition? 

F1F5739B-9408-437C-BE41-E0986892FD13.thumb.jpeg.fd56c6a5a7eaa55afaa27161d1234ecf.jpeg

I know what i’m saying and how i’m saying it, don’t try and make me look dumb to benefit yourself. 

Edited by Rivals

My thoughts are it should have had an unadvertised soft opening period, but VRTP decided on a date and after countless other delays they weren’t willing to budge on it.

I think managing expectations is important, knowing it didn’t have a soft opening period and the teething issues I wasn’t disappointed only getting one ride forwards and one backwards on Saturday but certainly many guests were. If you have the signs as shown above realistic expectations are set.

It was on the news last night it was open! The park even with Atlantis in my opinion is not operating to the standard of a $129 day ticket (gate price).

I want to give credit to the ride ops/on the ground staff however, they have communicated to guests well. I was actually on the train that had issues before the ride went down the rest of the day on Saturday, and on the last train of the day yesterday being evacuated from the break run. I have had a few ride delays/breakdowns before but none that went as smoothly as that did.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I want to give credit to the ride ops/on the ground staff however, they have communicated to guests well. I was actually on the train that had issues before the ride went down the rest of the day on Saturday, and on the last train of the day yesterday being evacuated from the break run. I have had a few ride delays/breakdowns before but none that went as smoothly as that did.

Same, I was on the last train of Friday when it was nearly evac'd, then in the queue when it went down Saturday as well. They were very helpful, concise, and polite in both instances, nothing wrong with the ride ops behaviour there at all.

Edited by Tricoart

So it’s problems with trains?

The trains have been finished and running for months and I heard have had over 1000 cycles each… how would a soft opening solve those issues exactly?

How could the park anticipate something working for over 1000 laps is going to suddenly have issues?

And before you mention guests, the trains restraints have to cycle (open, close, lock and be checked) every time it runs. So they didn’t just have 1 day with a few riders. 

If the issues are with the train, a lot of the anger doesn’t make sense as it’s not a forceable problem is it? 

Testing without people/with dummies is good for making sure the trains themselves are operable & safe come time for guests to ride (hence, 'commission'), it's the system as a whole that's tested once the operation begins, which is when most systematic faults'd be brought to light. Having it soft-open to guests before the grand opening means any faults that arise from being cycled with guests will show up (and have the chance to be rectified) before hundreds/thousands of families make their trip to the park to ride a dysfunctional coaster.

Edited by Tricoart

Also probably not the best thread to talk about this - but the prices are insane. Disneyland for a one day ticket starts from  $152 per day.. their skip lines are at most $32 AUD.. and they're open for 16 hours. 

Sea World over here running at $129 AUD and $30 skip line passes.. and open for 7 hours. 

3 minutes ago, rappa said:

How does that affect things? Once it’s dispatched it doesn’t car who’s in the seat right?

Heaps of things. Trains sitting in the station for different times, different shaped guests in the restraints every cycle, different loads for every cycle across the train. Train's having different total weights. So many things. 

it doesn't, other than it doesn't usually include cycling of the restraints with dummies. 

4 minutes ago, rappa said:

How does that affect things? Once it’s dispatched it doesn’t car who’s in the seat right?

it doesn't, other than it doesn't usually include cycling of the restraints with dummies. 

10 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Sea World over here running at $129 AUD and $30 skip line passes.

This is super easy to fix. We just de-regulate working conditions to be like America, bringing down the price of labour to a point of parity, thereby reducing the single largest cost-base for the company which they can then reflect in their pricing.

Also, the majority of Disney's guests aren't annual pass-holders, whereas it's the opposite in SEQ. Therefore, most single-day admissions are artificially inflated to make the cheaper-than-industry-average annual passes look far more lucrative.

Changing gears, are people just mad there's not an A-frame out the front communicating it's a new ride and to be patient?

Wow.

They should have gone with the tradition and had official opening on Boxing day. 

They should have opened when they did, had signs out the front like the rivals tech rehearsal signs to manage expectations if it didn't open or went down.

The opening crew did a bang up job, and really hit their stride by the end of friday, but they were very green at the start of the day, and tech rehearsals \ soft open would have eliminated that without placing unfair expectations on the crew.

If some guests would have ignored the clear signage stating tech rehearsals, and gotten angry anyway, then shame on them. But opening "officially" without that opportunity - it's shame on the park.

2 minutes ago, Slick said:

Changing gears, are people just mad there's not an A-frame out the front communicating it's a new ride and to be patient?

No, I think they're mad that the park announced a ride as 'officially opened' that isn't, and another that is 'officially opened' that can't even operate a full day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slick said:

No the A-Frames are before the opening.

They've very much made it known that it's open.. even interstate. 

There's no excuse for the entire area to be down 3 days after the big media spend of the grand opening. 

3 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

No, I think they're mad that the park announced a ride as 'officially opened' that isn't, and another that is 'officially opened' that can't even operate a full day.

And that they're marketing to families/holiday-goers across the country that these rides are open, having them come and pay those exorbitant costs for entry to the park, only to have the rides that were marketed to them be unoperational. 

Edited by Tricoart

• joz locked this topic