Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Ogre

Cheers for the pictures @themagician. I appreciate that they're sprucing up the gardens and that where they can instead of just removing the models or chucking a wall around them. It'll save this area from feeling like wasteland between themes. 

I do hope they update the names cause I agree that a lot of them are pretty bad. 

4 minutes ago, New display name said:

What is the point of a temporary name?  

Likely it's for the benefit of SEO if they are temporary. If they remove the attractions from the site temporarily than it could affect their search authority and the pages for those rides would take a while to come back up on searches once they're updated. It's easier to just change the name for now. 

2 hours ago, New display name said:

Many reasons… firstly, it appears an agreement is in place to remove all DreamWorks IP by end of January based on how quickly everything has been removed or changed.

Secondly, the new names may not have been secured legally, or approved by Wiggles or ABC or even Ardent management, or even confirmed and agreed upon yet.

Thirdly, some of these attractions may not stay either, with announcements on these not wanting me to be public until later date. Think the ‘shit news sandwich’… “here’s some great news at Dreamworld, and also Gingy’s is being removed, oh and some more great news about this fantastic new street food festival”

(plus there can be many more reasons, SEO, waiting for consumer research, etc…)

Therefore, in between the period of removing DreamWorks mentions and any new names/announcements being made (days/weeks or months), the rides still need to be referred to by staff, guests, website, maps, etc…

Hence, a temporary name!

It seems that “Belinda’s Tree House” will now be changed to be “Belinda’s Ball Pit” according to the website. The temporary name currently is “Dreamworld Ball Pit”.

@themagician, will Puss and Boots + Gingy be staying or removed? There would be no room for the new BRB coaster if everything is staying, so I am assuming one, if not both will be removed.

2 minutes ago, TBoy said:

It seems that “Belinda’s Tree House” will now be changed to be “Belinda’s Ball Pit” according to the website. The temporary name currently is “Dreamworld Ball Pit”.

The concept artwork still shows Belinda’s Tree House and my guess is it will stay as this. ‘Ball Pit’ within the name is likely temporary.672BE3E6-A497-4CAC-86AC-19F2E9F679AB.thumb.jpeg.093e7cbd6dbdd8efc8d006dde7422105.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TBoy said:

@themagician, will Puss and Boots + Gingy be staying or removed? There would be no room for the new BRB coaster if everything is staying, so I am assuming one, if not both will be removed.

I’m not sure. Nothing was said about these. 

1 hour ago, joz said:

It's kinda strange to me the temporary name thing. Like we aren't ready to go on this particular generic name, so we'll use this generic name instead.

why would they rename the rides to their permanent names when the work into the retheme hasn’t actually been done yet? 

puss n boots / gingy’s aren’t staying or one of them are and the other isn’t, so what’s the point of giving them permanent names? they’re only there as they don’t need to be removed yet and they’re doing the area in stages to minimise ride closures, it really isn’t that confusing of a concept tbh

9 minutes ago, New display name said:

Because it's confusing for us @Rivals  When we talk about the kids coaster at DW now, what do we call it EM or EC or KFF?

EFMG until it’s transitioned until KFF, it’s only escape coaster right now as licensing has run out, and legally it can not be ran under that name so until the retheme it is what it is. If it was a pernament name for more then a couple months that would be an issue.

On 27/01/2023 at 8:50 AM, REGIE said:

Dronkeys? Drunk donkey's? 

If you watch the movies, Donkey hooks up with the Dragon from the first film, and their kids are donkeys that can fly - Dragon + Donkey = Dronkey.

21 hours ago, New display name said:

Yeah to me its a way of keeping the ride operating until it goes down for its retheme - they can't continue using Dreamworks, but other than the IP imagery, everything else (including the gumdrop buttons on gingy!) is still there - so candy flyer matches the current theme without referencing IP. Once they close it for the rebrand, it'll come up with the new name.... simples!

14 hours ago, Spotty said:

I'll call it Runaway Reptar!

I came here to say that but you beat me to it. ;)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'd love to see it get new Vekoma trains. It's turning 20 this year, Road Runner got new trains for its 20th as well. One can dream

It would be great to see the SFC 450 trains on KFF. The only thing would be instead of vest bars it would be a lap bar.

Madagascar is blocked off from all sides. Have to go the long way if you want to ride Escape

IMG_1090.thumb.JPG.4655305cab5596261d1857e0d4184295.JPG

IMG_0969.thumb.JPG.ed1c78aee0318ac9b1495e7920e0ec9a.JPG

IMG_1007.thumb.JPG.43692b5bc9a682f658aaa303a9e8f147.JPG

IMG_1009.thumb.JPG.725d0ec8822994ef32acb46d7cd66f76.JPG

Soaring Swing!

IMG_1015.thumb.JPG.6e61a4be59009675e3da82a616ff7f30.JPG\

IMG_1019.thumb.JPG.7c607591c63a07e01bd74858167b15d6.JPG

IMG_1022.thumb.JPG.45654a47100251aa4fa2d42770378df4.JPG\

vlc_Su0ZuJajQz.thumb.jpg.1c3c5bb63bb1793d40e4d46ce017a721.jpg

IMG_1062.thumb.JPG.de8e7881d7cb098269bb6b3f815e498e.JPG

Bananas are in!

IMG_1058.thumb.JPG.ee4a1697e27776819ff55393ca9f809f.JPG

IMG_1060.thumb.JPG.2d6b9533a03601682442a73944c81bcd.JPG

Water spitting Madagascar figures are gone

IMG_1071.thumb.JPG.1972850fdc059624270b8e3c42f0173d.JPG

Madagascar Models are being removed (RIP Melman)

IMG_1078.thumb.JPG.4f302e848748d4ffcc5780fc07a1be33.JPG

Dreamworks has been removed from the map.

IMG_1066.thumb.JPG.82502615f8b687050b79c7c18b9463d1.JPG

• Like 5