Theme Park Worldwide Announce Australian Tour

Noll_57

25 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Think they would swap the hydraulic for LSM?

Potentially I think village would be taking notes on how dragster goes and see if it’s worth the investment. The hydraulic system at superman doesn’t seem to be having many troubles though it will get expensive to maintain in a few years time. Superman is far too popular for Village to rip out imo so a Scooby style renovation would make sense.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

I think replacing the current over the shoulder restraints with lap bars would be nice. The current ones are running a bit rough atm I expect (and enjoy) it on gold coaster but for some reason I want SE to be smooth I know it’s kinda dumb but I would rather lap bars.  I hope they can keep the hydraulic launch for some time. But I have not done a standard LSM yet so I will wait and see till I do Big Dipper lll. ST’s launch is great but it’s not a standard launch so hard to compare it

Edited by REGIE

5 hours ago, REGIE said:

But I have not done a standard LSM yet so I will wait and see till I do Big Dipper lll

Big Dipper isn't an LSM launch, it's a tyre drive launch like that on Jet Rescue.

3 hours ago, Naazon said:

Fuji-Q's Takabisha can do 0-100 in 2 seconds on LSMs and it kicks. Its just a different kick.

Just remains to be seen if Zamperla can pull off a kicky launch on Senzafiato/TTD (still feels weird saying that). 

7 hours ago, REGIE said:

I think replacing the current over the shoulder restraints with lap bars would be nice. The current ones are running a bit rough atm I expect (and enjoy) it on gold coaster but for some reason I want SE to be smooth I know it’s kinda dumb but I would rather lap bars.  I hope they can keep the hydraulic launch for some time. But I have not done a standard LSM yet so I will wait and see till I do Big Dipper lll. ST’s launch is great but it’s not a standard launch so hard to compare it

Lap bars for SE would be ideal - will make the ride more thrilling for sure. 

Hydraulic launches are definitely the best kind in my personal opinion  - closely followed by pneumatic air launches then LSMs .. but the LSM's can be hit and miss. 

11 hours ago, Naazon said:

Dodonpa is metal and I support Australia getting an air powered launch

Same would love to try one out.  What park could have the most chance of getting one though? I feel like none of the GC parks in the near future would want one

9 hours ago, Gazza said:

An S&S air launch is a great addition to any parks SBNO coaster lineup.

I missed the reference. I hate to be that person but what do you mean exactly?

15 minutes ago, REGIE said:

I missed the reference. I hate to be that person but what do you mean exactly?

The joke is that they’re about as unreliable as hydraulic launches are becoming, meaning they’d be SBNO (Standing But Not Operating) just as commonly, if not more so.

Edited by Tricoart

28 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

The joke is that they’re about as unreliable as hydraulic launches are becoming, meaning they’d be SBNO (Standing But Not Operating) just as commonly, if not more so.

I realised the joke as soon as I posted that comment 🤦‍♂️Thanks for letting me in on it!.   I am a bit slow ha

Edited by REGIE

7 hours ago, Rivals said:

I really do feel bad that they’ve came all this way at a time where our parks are undergoing so much investment and construction meaning so much is down for its maintenance period right now. I hope they still have a great time here regardless

Just to touch on this - I think most folks understand the reality that in order for a theme park to be successful it requires constant investment and therefore there's almost always going to be something being built in a theme park. Having said that, is it more the sentiment that people find Movie World lacking when Scooby Doo is closed? Or is it more the whole Tower/Wipeout/Log Ride/Big Red Car/Flowrider at Dreamworld thing?

Edited by Slick

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Our parks have been so transparent about everything that's happening so it's really their own fault. /s

i do agree i just couldn’t help but feel bad as they aren’t seeing the full potential, always they came expecting Scooby to be opened and seemed very excited about it… hopefully they do return in like 2025 when the new investment is all completed.

• Like 2