I know @iwerks touched earlier. But I wanna thank Adventure World for also Inviting myself out to the ERT to ride with the Europoean Coaster club today. Was great to see so many like minded people and have some fun on Abyss. The park also invited Chanel 7 out to do a story on it and also provided free lockers, a reserved group space and soft drinks to the club. Which I thought was super nice. Senior management was also at the ride thanking people and asking for their thoughts etc.

Overall an amazing day. 

325532696_566675028379521_8654396533811425106_n.thumb.jpg.37ffda1e99e1fffc8e9360ff10511c6b.jpg

Side note: Was interesting hearing their thoughts on the park and how confused they were by the amount of lush green space and amount of people bringing shade tents and picnic blankets to a park. and to quote "This is very weird seeing people ride roller coasters soaking wet and in bathers."

Im also glad they got to experience Goliath and Rampage. (Which most said was the most intense flat ride they have ever done) and Goliath being one of the best Gyro Swings in the world and a truly world class flat ride. 

• Love it! 3

13 minutes ago, TBoy said:

I wonder if Nine/Seven News Melbourne will cover it as well tomorrow? Unlike in Perth, they will need to mention Adventure Park, Gumbuya World and Luna Park.

Not sure TBH I could see maybe Gumbya World? Adventure World contacted the media and invited them to come not the European Coaster club themselves. So could see Gumbya World trying to get media coverage with their 2 new big toys on display. 

11 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Not sure TBH I could see maybe Gumbya World? Adventure World contacted the media and invited them to come not the European Coaster club themselves. So could see Gumbya World trying to get media coverage with their 2 new big toys on display. 

I know one of our team members has been actively reaching out to media.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2023 at 5:03 PM, TBoy said:

Unfortunately the on-ride themeing is almost non existent. There is no theming around the track. At least Scooby, Road Runner and Superman have themeing around the track, unlike DCR and GL.

In case it wasn't clear - big coasters like this that are impossible to block out the outside world from DO NOT NEED on ride theming, they just need to be a great ride.

On 14/01/2023 at 12:17 AM, rappa said:

How to theme an outdoor coaster:

STEP 1: Nemesis

Hagrid's says hello.

15 hours ago, Rivals said:

the travel vlog went up last night and by the sound of their instagram stories, it sounds like the MovieWorld vlog will be up tonight :)

I tell you - I miss having the stamina of 20 year olds. Full day at park, then come home and mash together footage into a 20-ish minute vlog. Between TPWW and The Sanbrooke Adventures, their upload frequency whilst still on an overseas trip is mindblowing. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile I'm reading all manner of fun commentary on Movie World operations from people on the ECC trip :)

It's a few years since I was there, but I remember getting really annoyed by how Green Lantern dispatches suddenly accelerated to German fair speeds after the queue was closed for the day.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Noxegon said:

Meanwhile I'm reading all manner of fun commentary on Movie World operations from people on the ECC trip :)

It's a few years since I was there, but I remember getting really annoyed by how Green Lantern dispatches suddenly accelerated to German fair speeds after the queue was closed for the day.

Ooooh i'd love to see what their thoughts are - is it a video or a forum? got a link?

49 minutes ago, mba2012 said:

While I agree that MW operations could do with a fair bit of improvement, I've also heard the ECC group described as not very understanding when it comes to loose items policies and the like.

I do think that it can be hard to be understanding when a ride is operated with far more stringent policies than normal for identical and/or similar types of rides elsewhere in the world. When riding Superman a few years ago I remember being told that a mucus-encrusted tissue inside a zipped rear pocket had to be placed in a locker or thrown away before I could ride. That was (and remains) ridiculous and I will happily call it out as such.

If club members were critical, then I sincerely hope that they made their points respectfully.  

13 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Ooooh i'd love to see what their thoughts are - is it a video or a forum? got a link?

It's been predominantly on Facebook, and it's probably best not to screenshot there. However, I'll quote a fun exchange below – names removed to protect the innocent:

Person A: "I really can't believe just how slow operations are at this park. And I've seen bad operations before...."

Person B: "The entire ride ops department needs to visit Cedar Point."

Person C: "And the Cedar Point ride ops department needs to visit Europa Park."

Person D: "And they can all be trained by the Olympia Looping crew."

At busy events Olympia Looping pushes well over 4000 guests per hour, dispatching a 28-passenger train roughly once every 20 seconds. It's amazing how efficient you can be when every extra passenger is more money :)

Edited by Noxegon
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Noxegon said:

ago I remember being told that a mucus-encrusted tissue inside a zipped rear pocket had to be placed in a locker or thrown away before I could ride

Wait did they give you a full body search or something? How did they just go “yep look at him he’s got a tissue in his upper left rear zippered pocket kick him” these OP’s should be working for the police or at an airport not on SE!