Thought I would start this up for fun. Each Saturday I list two rides from two different parks, and people vote what is best. Voting will close on Thursdays, and on Fridays the results are revealed. One ride is saved and one is turned into paperclips. For example, it could be Superman Escape v Steel Taipan one week. If ST wins it would be added to the list while Superman would be removed. Clones will be counted as one choice, not two. Also you do not need to have ridden the coaster to vote, but it would be good if you have. Let's start off with...

TNT (Gumbuya World) vs. Kenny's Forest Flier (Dreamworld)

In my opinion I would pick TNT. It is actually really fun and intense for a family coaster and I am glad Movie World is getting a clone. Also it goes fast the whole length of the ride while KFF seems to go slow in the second half. Remember to put results in by Thursday.

Edited by TBoy
  • Like 1

I love that idea!!

To make it some what easier to tell what got the most votes just tap “like” on the comment that coincides with the coaster of your choice. If you picked “KFF” vote this comment. (Need someone else to comment for TNT when I try my comments just merge)

Edited by REGIE

I haven't even ridden tnt and i could say its better. KFF is a boring layout that's brutally rough, it was unpleasant in 2018 and couldn't imagine what its like now. Fingers crossed new trains/restraints have been bought with the refresh to make it a better experience

Edited by Baconjack

Lets take a quick look at the scores and what I can say is ouch for EFM/KFF. 6-0 for TNT. I am putting bets on TNT winning and KFF turned into paperclips. Remember you have until Thursday to vote.

Some advice: You will really enjoy MW's clone of TNT when it comes in 2024, it is very fast and intense for a family coaster and even goes on a 90 degree coming out of the tunnel, in which even DCR and Superman don't go above that at all. I would recommend not skipping it as it is awesome.

Edited by TBoy
  • Like 1

And the results have came in. EFM/KFF gets exploded by the TNT with 7-0! This means that TNT will be the first ride added to the list.

1. TNT

We will also be making some minor rule changes, thanks to @DaptoFunlandGuy and @REGIE. We will now be shortening the vote time to 3 days, and the voting will take place in a seperate thread. All the all-stars will be published in this thread. Vote here:

And boom. Big Dipper wins against Abyss with 17-13, which means the latter is turned into scrap metal and the former is added to the list.

1. TNT
2. Big Dipper

The next votes will be Superman Escape vs Steel Taipan. You have until Saturday to vote. Vote here:

Steal taipan is my personal pick. If we want to get picky SE is running rough lately. Your lucky if half effects work. It’s basically a second tier DCR while ST in unique to Australia. Sure most of ST is a clone but most people in Australia aren’t going to have ridden the similar ride anywhere else.  

Superman is over so fast the theming helps but Steal Taipan is a better overall coaster imo plus it’s basically had no Scheduled maintenance since it opened. It’s the Gold coasts old reliable (well new reliable) plus if we add the spinning seat it’s a whole other ball game.

Edited by REGIE

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

ST in unique to Australia. Sure most of ST is a clone

I'll just leave that there.

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

Superman is over so fast

Both rides are roughly 90 seconds of actually good stuff.

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

it’s basically had no Scheduled maintenance since it opened.

Yeah, because it's so new. It's like saying a new puppy will never wee on the carpet only because it didn't wee in the car on the drive home (I could've picked a better metaphor but it's 10pm and it's what you get).

Edited by Slick

It was a tough one (35-35 at some point) but Superman Escape escaped the earthquake unlike the Steel Taipan (46-38), so Superman is added to the list while Steel Taipan is made into scrap metal.

1. TNT
  2. Big Dipper III
  3. Superman Escape

The next poll will be a 3-voter with one option due to there being 3 wild mouses. The battle will be Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster vs. Wild Mouse vs. Dingo Racer. Place your votes in by Wednesday. Vote here:

Edited by TBoy
  • Like 1

And Scooby wins the race against the Wild Mouse and the Dingo with 43-11-2. Due to the Wild Mouse being heritage, it will be let abandoned while the Dingo Racer is turned into scrap.

1.  TNT
  2.  Big Dipper III
  3.  Superman Escape
  4.  Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster

For the next poll, I will try something different. This time there will be two polls in the same thread. Let me know what you think of it, and put your votes in by Saturday. Vote here:

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

Let me know what you think of it

• Don't do two polls. i was keen to vote JR vs MDMC but did not wish to vote for the boomerang, but both must be voted to count. 
  • Only do polls on rides that are open AND exist. theoretical builds, SBNO or rides since demolished or removed shouldn't be included.
    • If you're struggling to come up with combos, ask the group in this thread for suggestions. 
  • Like 1