Dreamworld future coaster fanfic

Vidgamer

I'd love another hyper coaster but we've got enough big thrills. Both operators have acknowledged that there is a major gap in family attractions which is why the priorities of both Movie World and Dreamworld at the moment are to get more high capacity rides with low height requirements.

18 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I'd say something like a Dive Machine could be a good counterpoint in a few years after Jungle Rush.

I reckon a Dive Machine would be fantastic. Even better would be if it had some themed sections. They could even call it Tower of Terror!

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I still dream of a Flyer. 

I would not want to see a B&M Flying Coaster operating in Australia. Even in some of the most efficient parks they still have huge load times because they're confusing for most guests to figure out. Also I've never done one that hasn't made me feel absolutely dreadful afterwards.

Maybe we could get one of the new Vekoma versions like F.L.Y though.

1 hour ago, Vidgamer said:

I think Movieworld has to be very careful, if Dreamworld invests in a unique Hypercoaster in 2026 then the park will be very competitive against Movieworld's offering.

Lol where are they going to put it?

Dreamworld need to get that thunderbolt throwback raptor going in the lazy river plot so gold coaster’s plot can be used to expand WWW down the track

Edited by Baconjack

Wasn't the land to the north sold off (where the BB house was)?
Or, was the land between the BB house and the Koala Eucalypt/Vintage Cars the area sold off?

Back on topic, if there's something that they're sitting on that would give them a major hit in the industry they're competing in, why should they be transparent? Not having a go at people's comments in the thread, just asking.

Edited by Whombex

35 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Does S&S still offer the 4D coaster? Like X2 or Eejanaika, not a free spin. One of those would be wild in an Aussie park, but otherwise a Flyer is needed.

Edit: I totally know this would be a maintenance nightmare.

And a lot of money to build too. I know our parks like splashing cash as of late, but it’s still out of their budget imo.

A free spin would be a more reliable and cheap alternative and very marketable. 

Imo dreamworld have always had the better family line up then movieworld. yes some of it is now ageing and when mw add 2 (3?) new family coasters they are both going to have pretty good family line ups. But then again you gotta think DW is not competing with MW so much as it’s competing with the village 3 park pass. I know a lot of people who haven’t been to DW before and feel like you would go a few times and be bored VS 3 different parks.  To fight back I think DW need a immersive dark ride in the form of a log flume or trackless or one of the other countless types. And another major thrill coaster. I think DW are going to be carful when buying another Thrill coaster. I don’t think prototypes like the S&S axis are going to be on their radar. A RMC ground up hybrid would be my pick. Plenty of space I personally would use the space in “A” a think an out and back style following the road would look sick. If they didn’t want a RMC I would go a Invert as there is no operating thill inverts in Australia.  I would also and a S&S free spin to really round out the collection I would put in somewhere at the back of the park to put life down there “B”

so: dark ride / major thrill / S&S free spin.     I would also clean up a few areas like they are doing. People are very impressed by well themed “worlds” so more theming throughout the park would be a nice touch. A few more gardens too.  Maybe carry on the tiger island theme around the back of the park too. 

40899069-0231-4485-A6D8-C4250F1AC2DD.jpeg

Edited by REGIE

1 hour ago, Guest 239 said:

Also I've never done one that hasn't made me feel absolutely dreadful afterwards.

I mean, that sounds like a you problem. My wife suffers really badly from 'spew-forces' - she hated the zacspin, for example, but absolutely loved Tatsu. That pretzel loop is definitely forceful, for sure, but for us the experience was just *chefs kiss*

I get the load issues, but given our parks have additional restraints beyond overseas - seatbelts, RFIDs, gimp masks on shockwave... sitting down and having your feet in some stirrups doesn't sound too difficult.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, New display name said:

Considering everything marked in blue is DW's land, I would say wherever they want.

6 hours ago, Whombex said:

Wasn't the land to the north sold off (where the BB house was)?
Or, was the land between the BB house and the Koala Eucalypt/Vintage Cars the area sold off

6 hours ago, New display name said:

BB house location in red.

image.png

I am just going off what everyone else has said. I believe everything in blue is DW’s land

Edited by REGIE

I really don’t see a park over here investing in a ride as costly as a B&M flyer, however, a Vekoma flyer is something i could see happening. 

This attraction could be a 2026 addition, with it being placed in the old RHLR section of the park and even have some interaction with the river (such as diving close to the water.) You could also place a couple flats in the middle of the ride and have the ride be an anchor attraction for its own themed area (not sure on the theme, but something that loosely ties into Australian Wildlife as it is right next to the wildlife section.)

Then in 2029, the park should invest in either a GCI or RMC wooden coaster. Both rides would consist of very airtime heavy layouts as ST, GC and the flyer would all have inversions, with the RMC having a max of 1 inversion. I would love to see the Hybrid place in the old Lazy River location, spreading out the parks coasters to have complete flow through the park. 

The parks coasters would now include:

GCI / RMC wooden coaster

Steel Taipan 

Vekoma Flyer

Jungle Rush

Kenny’s Flyer (new vekoma SFC trains for 2025/2026)

Gold Coaster

Motocoaster (upgraded trains and retheme for 2025 to fit into Rivertown)

Big Red Boat

• Love it! 2

Whilst an out and back coaster would be awesome in that space along Whitewater Road, I reckon they're better off leaving it for a future second gate like Peppa Pig World at the Legoland Florida resort. It's probably not the most exciting idea for enthusiasts, but I feel a smaller family-only style park would do great to draw more families towards Dreamworld.