Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster vs. Wild Mouse vs. Dingo Racer

TBoy

Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster vs. Wild Mouse vs. Dingo Racer  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one of the options, and the one with the most votes will win. Due to there being 3 wild mouses they will all be held in one poll.

• Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster (Movie World)
    • Wild Mouse (Luna Park Sydney)
    • Dingo Racer (Aussie World)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/02/23 at 01:00 PM

10 hours ago, REGIE said:

Yeah might as well call it “acid trip. The ride”  with the mouse bit. I only realised last time I rode it that in the wild mouse bit there’s a huge spider hanging up somehow I always missed it before

Missing the spider is indicative of the poor lighting in the room prior to your "Acid trip" upgrades.

Though, if you're calling that an acid trip, you obviously haven't tripped on acid.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Though, if you're calling that an acid trip, you obviously haven't tripped on acid.

Yeah your right about that. Never have, never will. I hate the stuff.  But in the wild mouse bit after the backwards drop up into the turn table where all the mirrors and lights are someone in the train always says “acid trip?”  Like every time

33 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Never have, never will. I hate the stuff.

How do you know if you have never tried?

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Missing the spider is indicative of the poor lighting in the room prior to your "Acid trip" upgrades.

It was still possible to miss it if you didn't know what to look for

No, it makes total sense to purchase and consume a highly illegal, highly damaging, life-ruining substance so you can more accurately describe what the experience on a Wild Mouse used to be like for a couple years.

Seriously though, 'acid trip'/'trip' in general is just used to describe something with disorienting, colourful, flashing lights. There's no correlation between, or guidelines for needing to have been on an actual trip to use the phrase.

Edited by Tricoart

27 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Seriously though, 'acid trip'/'trip' in general is just used to describe something with disorienting, colourful, flashing lights. There's no correlation between, or guidelines for needing to have been on an actual trip to use the phrase.

Bringing this one full circle, even colloquially, the Scooby Disco room is way off something i'd describe as 'an acid trip'

48 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Does it really matter what describing term best suits the wild mouse bit? 

yeah look - this is just being blown up way too much.

It depends on your perspective. it seems pedantic, but i'm conscious of a couple of things.

1. we're well aware the parks read the forums
  2. 'an acid trip' comes off with negative connotations. Even sans drug references.

I wouldn't have used the term, with or without connotation, as I didn't feel that it warranted the description. I'm on record that the lighting design in that room is absolute quality. The varying scenes \ patterns offer re-rideability that has never been offered previously, and I like it. It's one of the few positive changes MW has made to that attraction since it opened. It's a disco. dance party. MXPX kinda lends itself to that sort of theme too.

People read these forums before visiting to get an idea of what they might experience, so I guess I just felt that I should counter what I felt was an exaggeration of what the experience is like. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. And certainly not warranting this entire page of replies.

It's equivalent to if I said "if you call MDMC a thrill ride, you obviously don't know what thrill rides are."

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy

28 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The varying scenes \ patterns offer re-rideability that has never been offered previously, and I like it.

I really like it too it’s fun. I didn’t mean the term in a negative way. I kinda forgot what the term came from as a lot of people use it and words like “ect on steroids” but either way I shouldn’t have said that.     it was highly unnecessary regardless. The disco room is fun and really adds to the experience.

Edited by REGIE

1 hour ago, joz said:

You're thinking of Heroin

Not wanting to start an argument about the many harmful effects of drug use, and how they intensify with certain drugs, especially not in the 'Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster' thread. But no, I am not. 

Anyway... I might've just had zero good rides on the 'New Generation' Scooby, but even the room with the upgraded lighting effects seemed like a let-down to me, as they appeared more like pitiful middle school disco lights, and they didn't give a shred of the 'laser show' vibes 'cause there was no smoke/mist in the room for the lights to reflect off. So IMO the upgrades in there weren't even a plus side to New Generation (though it could've been if they were able to fill the room with smoke/mist).

Edited by Tricoart

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

yeah look - this is just being blown up way too much.

It depends on your perspective. it seems pedantic, but i'm conscious of a couple of things.

1. we're well aware the parks read the forums
  2. 'an acid trip' comes off with negative connotations. Even sans drug references.

I wouldn't have used the term, with or without connotation, as I didn't feel that it warranted the description. I'm on record that the lighting design in that room is absolute quality. The varying scenes \ patterns offer re-rideability that has never been offered previously, and I like it. It's one of the few positive changes MW has made to that attraction since it opened. It's a disco. dance party. MXPX kinda lends itself to that sort of theme too.

People read these forums before visiting to get an idea of what they might experience, so I guess I just felt that I should counter what I felt was an exaggeration of what the experience is like. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. And certainly not warranting this entire page of replies.

It's equivalent to if I said "if you call MDMC a thrill ride, you obviously don't know what thrill rides are."

I feel like this was perfectly worded, so thank you

3 hours ago, REGIE said:

I really like it too it’s fun. I didn’t mean the term in a negative way. I kinda forgot what the term came from as a lot of people use it and words like “ect on steroids” but either way I shouldn’t have said that.     it was highly unnecessary regardless. The disco room is fun and really adds to the experience.

Also always appreciate someone changes their mind and owns up to it. Great maturity.

44 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Not wanting to start an argument about the many harmful effects of drug use, and how they intensify with certain drugs, especially not in the 'Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster' thread. But no, I am not. 

Anyway... I might've just had zero good rides on the 'New Generation' Scooby, but even the room with the upgraded lighting effects seemed like a let-down to me, as they appeared more like pitiful middle school disco lights, and they didn't give a shred of the 'laser show' vibes 'cause there was no smoke/mist in the room for the lights to reflect off. So IMO the upgrades in there weren't even a plus side to New Generation (though it could've been if they were able to fill the room with smoke/mist).

Filling with smoke/mist requires more than just plugging in smoke machines. The lights, although a great addition (as mentioned by @DaptoFunlandGuyand others) we still a quick, easy, cost effective update. Smoke would require the correct machines, the correct consumables and also the correct fire/smoke detectors, along with all the red tape and approvals that go with it. Likely also would need and engineer of some sort to figure out the internal wind patterns and fan away the smoke so it doesn't just pile up at the bottom but fills the room evenly. If you want it done right. With 1+ year of downtime, they have the luxury of time to source all the required parts to bring it all back.

1 hour ago, Naazon said:

Filling with smoke/mist requires more than just plugging in smoke machines.

It's not that hard. I do for in events all the time - some venues already have fire detection systems that work fine with haze. (You want haze, not smoke machines). 

Haze expands organically, and rises - so you just need to work out the timing for fan/haze cycles... which happens in bespoke events all the time.

Even little Haze machines can pack a bunch. I've been in theatre productions that have been hazed by a machine the size of a backpack. 

The big and more expensive issue I can see would be removing the haze as quickly as possible in an emergency. You don't exactly want to be doing an evacuation with limited visibility.

13 hours ago, Tricoart said:

even the room with the upgraded lighting effects seemed like a let-down to me, as they appeared more like pitiful middle school disco lights, and they didn't give a shred of the 'laser show' vibes 'cause there was no smoke/mist in the room for the lights to reflect off. 

From what I recall, heavy smoke \ fog \ haze isn't an option for scoob these days due to certain safety requirements. (i'm not an expert, just paraphrasing what i've heard). The install as it currently stands would look fucking amazing with a bit more, but it isn't practical to do so. At the very least, in a smoke-less world, the current install does better than the laser because the beams need less particulate in the air to actually be seen.

10 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

It's not that hard. I do for in events all the time - some venues already have fire detection systems that work fine with haze. (You want haze, not smoke machines). 

Well shit, chalk up another thing you're an expert in. Between turnstiles and haze machines you've got the market cornered. And since you can do it, it must mean that anyone can!

2 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

It should probably have extraction fans for fire smoke anyway - haze would be extracted at the same time. 

Perhaps the roof could be cantilevered so that it can open in the event of an emergency quickly allowing all the smoke to escape in one go (and they can install fire sensors in the eyes of the cars too)

1 hour ago, joz said:

In true broken clock fashion he's actually right about this one thing.

He is right that venues have fire systems that you can use haze with.

I feel as though he might not be right about how hard it might be to do it for scooby - as given the level of investment they've made, I feel as though we'd have seen more smoke\haze in the room with the lighting upgrade if it were possible not that hard to do so.

It is very apparent that there is some sort of obstruction preventing them from easily increasing the haze level in that room.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

some sort of obstruction

Correct, but that doesn’t mean it’s physical. 
It’s completely easy and practical to do with a relatively small investment. Just required two things:

-The correct and appropriate machine which does in fact exist

-Someone to seek the expert advice, take it, and install said machine. 

Haze exists (it’s just the most expensive, but still nothing crazy) that gives amazing light beams but also creates zero visibility issues. The company already uses it on it’s Outback Show. And you’d need even less in Scooby. 

• Like 2