Area of Kids WB Fenced Off

themagician

13 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Why? So it can be closed for 10 months a year? 

Fair enough but even than I’d want something small to compliment the shaded seating whether it’s small play features or one of those food trucks they had a few months ago

Edited by Smol bean
Forgot about the Kids WB shop close by

14 hours ago, Smol bean said:

I’d like to see a food stand of some kind in the sizable chunk of land they have to work with lots of shade for outdoor seating, they could also serve exclusive looney tunes themed snacks.

I wonder if Yosemite Sam's Diner still has facilities behind the walls?

44 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I wonder if Yosemite Sam's Diner still has facilities behind the walls?

It's still mostly in tact, it's a storage area for the production kitchens and events.

It'll never reopen though, the closest you'd get is a sweet treats style outlet at the lands entrance, F&B won't venture any further into Kids WB than that.

The hut was talked about as a potential location so it is a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Tin Foil Hat said:

I’ve heard from a very solid source it’s going to be a 50’s style games arcade.

Interesting. I'm guessing it will be a hybrid style of Looney Tunes/50s?

My guess is the current arcade games in JDS will be moved in there as well.

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

I would hope that they repurpose that building for something else soon...

What about a western style show? Movie World is lacking in shows right now and it would be good for another one.

A more unrealistic idea is to move the current storage from the right half of the LTRR/JDS building in there, and then use the whole LTRR showstage for a new dark ride replacing JDS.

• Like 1

I personally think something like the Sesame Street dark ride at USS would work well at Movie World. The ride would be able to fit inside the current showbuilding based on my measurements, and would have even more room if you reuse the LTRR queue as the queue.

2045467532_Myproject(1).thumb.png.3965aabf29f06e1d4ab7a6c952f60ef0.png

1745771364_Myproject.thumb.png.d25acb7fd1d1030cee4e7de312a85b7f.png

But yes, still unfortunately unlikely to happen. But at least it is more realistic than the Intamin Hypercoaster suggested next to the kids area a few days ago.

Or an indoor boat ride/flume like a modern version of ltrr. Something thats reasonably high capacity and eats through crowds. I would have said something like studio tour would fit but it makes no sense putting that next to road runner and I don’t see jds going anywhere it seems to be popular, plus half of the building is used for storage so need to consider where everything in there goes too

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

Realistically the storage isn't a major obstacle. They existed for many years without that as an option, plus have other storage options including studios, back of house towards paradise country, or even offsite options if they can't accommodate it onsite. 

JDS isn't going anywhere anytime soon (though I do hope someone springs for a refresh of the theme to update the attractions featured in the ride - particularly Arkham \ WOO, so as far as the Sesame Street type ride, I doubt it would fit. However - the soundstage is big enough it could feature multiple levels. If the ride system is capable of traversing two floors, it could fit in the storage-half of the building without impacting on JDS, and then MW would be the home to two very elaborate kids attractions, nothing like anything else on the coast.

On 11/07/2023 at 2:46 PM, REGIE said:

Movieworld does need a people eating dark ride now.  Not sure what the theme could be. It would have to be something timeless. Looney tunes perhaps but I guess they did used to have that.  Maybe a WoO dark ride if it was in that area.

I would love for the park to lean into some other IP outside of DC stuff. Wizard of Oz is a great start, and I hope it's the beginning of more to come. I think either a Willy Wonka themed dark ride, or a Scooby Doo dark ride (similar to the one at Warner Bros World Theme Park in Abu Dhabi) would be good choices for timeless IP.

6 hours ago, Levithian said:

There is more than just storage in that half of the building. Its not easy to split these facilities up and move them away from maintenance departments. 

While that may be the case, it wasn't always that way. Village has plenty of room to construct a maintenance facility elsewhere - a soundstage intended to be part of the park's footprint shouldn't be occupied by back of house purposes for convenience if it prevents the park from future growth.

• Like 4

On 14/07/2023 at 7:54 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

While that may be the case, it wasn't always that way. Village has plenty of room to construct a maintenance facility elsewhere - a soundstage intended to be part of the park's footprint shouldn't be occupied by back of house purposes for convenience if it prevents the park from future growth.

Where will you place it? Doesn't matter what it was in the past, it's what it is now. There's like 4 departments utilising the space. 

3 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

Stupidest thing they ever did moving maintenance in there

They should have built a proper purpose built maintenance facility up the back of the park used the existing one for parade storage and kept the ride building as a ride

The maintenance building isn't big enough/tall enough for parade storage and everything that goes with it. It's a tiny building and isn't anywhere near as tall as the toons building. 

13 hours ago, Levithian said:

Where will you place it?

The property has ample open space. At the back of WOO there is around 20,000 SQM of open space and thats still allowing significant space around the water tank, and buffers from soundstages.

Doesn't matter what it was in the past, it's what it is now.

Which in turn can be the past. If it changed once it can change again. 

The maintenance building isn't big enough/tall enough for parade storage and everything that goes with it. It's a tiny building and isn't anywhere near as tall as the toons building. 

If maintenance needs additional high-rise space, should they just close Scooby Doo too?

Say it with me - SUPPORT FACILITIES SHOULD NOT OCCUPY ATTRACTION SPACE AT THE EXPENSE OF ATTRACTIONS.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

Stupidest thing they ever did moving maintenance in there

They should have built a proper purpose built maintenance facility up the back of the park used the existing one for parade storage and kept the ride building as a ride

MW seems to have a lot of form on this "oh we can't change it now because it's storage".  It's like an episode of bloody hoarders.  Chinatown alley, much?

• LTRR stage
  • Chinatown Alley
  • Showcase (the grandstand seating is still there, just behind the curtains)
  • Intencity (Fright Night maze remains inside all year round)
  • Gremlins theatre (though this is used for staff training)
  • Stars Cafe (kitchens used for AOS food prep, though the dining area and all the memorabilia is just left to gather dust)
  • LT Diner (next to RRRC)