The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

Though this is pretty much what I was expecting in terms of presentation for this ride (especially considering what Village is like these days), I'm still a little disappointed we've ended up with more tacky and lazy comic book "theming" with printed signs. Would've been nice if they'd just put a little bit of effort into it. I understand the park has time and budget constraints, but I'm sure they could have come up with an alternative solution with a little creativity (it's what the park would have done in the old days).   

Definitely feel like there's way too much flat comic book panel theming happening in that part of the park, way, way too much. Especially when it's supposed to be a movie park. But I can understand a very limited budget for theming for the Flash as I'm assuming they have planned for a limited life expectancy, considering the ride's age and previous issues. Wouldn't want to over capitalise 

• Like 1

You wouldn't think the ride has a limited life expectancy because, track wise, there isn't much track to replace when required.   Thunderbolt, Arkham Asylum and Sea Viper all removed because of track issues.   I believe the life expectancy will be based on if people ride it.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, New display name said:

You wouldn't think the ride has a limited life expectancy because, track wise, there isn't much track to replace when required.   Thunderbolt, Arkham Asylum and Sea Viper all removed because of track issues.   I believe the life expectancy will be based on if people ride it.

Not to mention, didn't the whole track come down, and go back up at WNW after a repaint not long before they moved it?

Then they took it down and repainted into flash colours before going up at MW?

Would have thought they'd have checked \ tested the track then too, so they'd have a good idea of the current condition.

14 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Not to mention, didn't the whole track come down, and go back up at WNW after a repaint not long before they moved it?

Correct, in 2020 it was removed, stripped, repainted, reinstalled, remained closed for two years and then removed again, stripped, repainted and reinstalled at a different park.

• Love it! 1

Prepare to twist, spin and speed along The Flash: Speed Force! 

No Super Hero attraction is complete without captivating theming, with the creative team at Warner Bros. Movie World working diligently to immerse guests in the world of The Flash.

With lightning-inspired aesthetics, the theming works will continue until late March, setting the stage for an unforgettable adventure into the Speed Force, coming soon to #movieworldaus

IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2894.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

DC Super- villains is the standard MW set, anything less is a backwards step.

What sets the DC supervillains unleashed area apart for you? What made it good in your opinion?

And when you say it "sets the standard," do you mean it's the pinnacle of themed land expansions or attractions ever constructed at Movieworld?

22 minutes ago, New display name said:

The theming for the Flash devalues MW as a theme-park.   DC Super- villains is the standard MW set, anything less is a backwards step.

This maybe so, but look how poorly that land has turned out. The past year they’ve repairing the damaged statues and theming, but otherwise it’s been looking very tired.

I’d argue when Wild West first opened that was the highest standard Movie World had set for a land. Villains was very well done, but it wasn’t as immersive as Wild West 

• Like 3

OK.  Not saying DCSV is the pinnical of MW theming.  I'm saying it's the min. standard, I judge MW by.  It's the preshow to the ride, what MW once did really well.  It just turned out the preshow ended up being better then the ride and MW has given up on the area.  I'm always surprised DC keeps signing off on this cheap theming.

@red dragingets it.

1 hour ago, New display name said:

OK.  Not saying DCSV is the pinnacle of MW theming.  I'm saying it's the min. standard, I judge MW by.  It's the preshow to the ride, what MW once did really well.  It just turned out the preshow ended up being better then the ride and MW has given up on the area.

Just to clarify, DCSV to you represents the minimum standard you expect from Movieworld regarding the pre-show and overall land theming around a ride, attraction or show?

In my opinion, the DCSV area was one of the worst investments in Movieworld's history. And should serve as a "how not to design a themed land" case study in textbooks on theme park design.

Edited by WalleyWorld

3 hours ago, New display name said:

The theming for the Flash devalues MW as a theme-park.   DC Super- villains is the standard MW set, anything less is a backwards step.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I’d argue when Wild West first opened that was the highest standard Movie World had set for a land. Villains was very well done, but it wasn’t as immersive as Wild West 

Absolutely, WWF is by far the most immersive and detailed themed area MW has ever built and they’ve never come close to matching it since. 

I’m quite certain the main reason why some effort was originally put into theming the DCSV area was because the park realised they could monetise the wristbands you needed to interact with the land when it first opened. Otherwise, I’m willing to bet it too would’ve ended up just another generic superhero area with basic 2d comic book theming. As soon as it became clear that the whole wristband thing was a massive flop and they were discontinued, the park gave up on the area pretty much straight away and it’s been rotting and decaying ever since.

2 hours ago, New display name said:

I'm always surprised DC keeps signing off on this cheap theming.

Is it true that the reason Justice League had a major overhaul recently was due to DC complaining about the horrible condition the ride was in (claiming it wasn’t up to their standards or something like that) or was that just a rumour? Either way, I do wonder what Warner Bros think of the poor state the park is currently in. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noll_57 said:

Is it true that the reason Justice League had a major overhaul recently was due to DC complaining about the horrible condition the ride was in (claiming it wasn’t up to their standards or something like that) or was that just a rumour? Either way, I do wonder what Warner Bros think of the poor state the park is currently in. 

Well, It did happen shortly after this POV was posted on a popular channel that showed the dire state the ride was in...

Edited by Ogre