Fright Nights 2023

TBoy

18 minutes ago, Rivals said:

The first teaser for this years event has been released, I’m going to guess the headliner Maze will be a non-IP Maze this year as i can’t really tell what IP this would be. 

Movie World Instagram

Who said it was a teaser for a specific maze? Just looks like it’s a TVC/Ad for fright nights itself.

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Who said it was a teaser for a specific maze? Just looks like it’s a TVC/Ad for fright nights itself.

Fright Night teases normally yk, tease the event and specifically the headlining maze. Last year’s teaser teased all 5 mazes but put emphasis on Annabelle and the scene at the end of the video, they wouldn’t have a teaser unless it’s teasing something in the event.

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

they wouldn’t have a teaser unless it’s teasing something in the event.

Because the general nature of people showing fear, scare actors in full makeup pursuing them or looking creepy etc couldn't possibly form the basis of a 'general' advertisement advertising fright nights as a whole without tying to a specific maze, right? they wouldn't just advertise a multi-night event on it's own, right?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Because the general nature of people showing fear, scare actors in full makeup pursuing them or looking creepy etc couldn't possibly form the basis of a 'general' advertisement advertising fright nights as a whole without tying to a specific maze, right? they wouldn't just advertise a multi-night event on it's own, right?

most years, even as far back as 2016, have had initial teasers that put emphasis on a headlining maze, and with how well what i’ve heard is coming this year matches up to what the video shows, i highly doubt it will be any different. just look at the first shot of the clip and you’ll get what i’m saying. 

Edited by Rivals

9 hours ago, Rivals said:

i can’t really tell what IP this would be. 

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

just look at the first shot of the clip and you’ll get what i’m saying. 

I don't think you get what you're saying, so I doubt we will.

The first shot I saw was a justice league billboard with the MW logo on it, and given you're suggesting the headliner won't have an IP, and you can't tell what it would be, i'm guessing Justice League has nothing to do with it, as that would be an IP, so all i'm left with is that the first shot just tells me this event is at Movie World. 

40 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I don't think you get what you're saying, so I doubt we will.

notice how they weren’t posted at the same time, it’s almost like you can have conversations with people and find out information 😮 

from what i’ve heard they’re planning on adding the Superhero’s to the event, explains why it starts with a billboard of the justice league (which i don’t believe is even normally in the park) then cuts to someone being thrown through the sky and crashing down onto a table. only time will tell if this is true or not.

Edited by Rivals

As usual, the precincts seem to be a few actors running around in different costumes (but typically no overall theming to make each area stand out from eachother). One I am particularly perplexed by however.. is the “Maze Hub” precinct.

We are surely reaching at this point? 🤨

EF98FFC9-21FC-4C15-A8AA-D6B1CB89D580.jpeg

Interesting video.. The first guy looking like a suicide, followed by a bombing, then finally a girl being trampled by a crowd in distress (this one surprising me the most considering recent real life events) were certainly bold choices.

PS. i’m aware the guy falling on the table probably didn’t jump himself*

A comment pointed out that this looks more like a terrorist attack more than a horror event. I don’t believe they have a platform big enough for any potential backlash but it’ll be interesting to see how this comes together. 

5 hours ago, Rivals said:

notice how they weren’t posted at the same time, it’s almost like you can have conversations with people and find out information 😮 

from what i’ve heard they’re planning on adding the Superhero’s to the event, explains why it starts with a billboard of the justice league (which i don’t believe is even normally in the park) then cuts to someone being thrown through the sky and crashing down onto a table. only time will tell if this is true or not.

I also believe it’s a superhero/villain crossover. Why else would they start the video with that billboard. We’ve seen it once before in 2011 with the Arkham Asylum maze which was great.

Although I’m still not sure how i feel about it, I think many people have had a problem with MW being taken over by DC in the last 10 years and losing its “movie magic”.. I hope they have at least one new horror IP in the lineup. 

Does anyone know any DC characters that could potentially go all-out in the horror aspect? More so does anyone know a DC villain that acts as a complete terrorist?

Edit: That or it’s ghostface (Scream) or Chucky, the horror IP’s i believe to throw someone off a building. The building on fire is what stumps me. 

Edited by kujotess

42 minutes ago, kujotess said:

Although I’m still not sure how i feel about it, I think many people have had a problem with MW being taken over by DC in the last 10 years and losing its “movie magic”.. I hope they have at least one new horror IP in the lineup. 

I am hoping it will be 2x horror and 1x DC but it will most likely be 1x horror, 1x DC and 1x non-IP. 

Also MW are starting to stabilise with choices, yes they are bringing Flash into the mix but Marvin was the first IP ride that wasn’t themed to DC (JDS counted as non-IP) in… 16 years! Don’t forget about WoO. I am also hoping when Doomsday is put to sleep the area is rethemed to non-DC, not sure of what IP could be used though…

One of the things I hate about DC is Village use it as an excuse to put rides on plots of grass without any theming. Look at WWF, Scooby, WoO art, Road Runner, they all look very good. When you enter DC area (or rather, non-themed world) you see rides plonked down without any thought. There isn’t even any facades like Main Street, Kids WB, WWF and Supervillians.

Edited by TBoy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, kujotess said:

Does anyone know any DC characters that could potentially go all-out in the horror aspect? More so does anyone know a DC villain that acts as a complete terrorist?

A lot of them could probably pass as ‘terrorist’, but the most obvious for a horror aspect IMO would be Scarecrow. They could potentially use the character for an Arkham-adjacent story as well, just centering it more around him than the Joker.

Edited by Tricoart

I think the new mazes will be 2 horror 1 DC, with the DC one counting as the “original” maze for the year. My bets are still on Scream and Evil Dead.

(could be false, only time will tell) but from what i’ve heard, it’s meant to be Superheroes have been infected with some type of virus, explains why after the attack more people are being “infected.”

If this is correct, my bet is that the DC maze will take up the IT location, with the other two new mazes going in the Doll Haus / Zombieland shed. I wish they’d use WB Showcase as a 5th (so the 3rd maze out the back could be bigger) / 6th maze location in between swapping out the exhibits, or even if they used the Scooby castle for this year instead of an “exclusive club.”

Edited by Rivals

39 minutes ago, Rivals said:

(could be false, only time will tell) but from what i’ve heard, it’s meant to be Superheroes have been infected with some type of virus, explains why after the attack more people are being “infected.”

If that’s true, it could go 3 ways IMO:

Unlikely - Like JL, Starro’s controlling them. Reasoning for unlikely is cause similarities with JL wouldn’t be good, they’d be limited in speech (plus “Join Starro” 100 times isn’t particularly menacing), and they’d need facial prosthetics.

Possible - Like the upcoming Suicide Squad game, similar to JL in concept alone, except it’s Brainiac instead of Starro. This’d be a clear distinction, a shift for older audiences (Suicide Squad tie-in), and would remove the need for prosthetics/speech limitation.

Likely - They’re just generic zombies, and the reasoning’s unique/unexplained. Reason why that’s more likely is cause it’d be easier, more proven, blend into the rest of the event more, and wouldn’t require any tie-ins or attract any major similarities.

Edited by Tricoart

DCeased is a six-issue comic book miniseries published by DC Comics from May to October 2019. It was created by writer Tom Taylor and the artistic team including penciler Trevor Hairsine and inker Stefano Guadiano. The story takes place in an alternate Earth, where a corrupted version of the Anti-Life Equation has infected most of Earth's inhabitants with a zombie-like virus. Lois Lane acts as the series' narrator, detailing how the events took place over the course of a few weeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCeased

9 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Movie World posted the same promo video for Death Row that they used last year, but has specified in the caption that will not be returning again. 
IMG_2248.thumb.jpeg.e87e3c5801f5afbf44c1b8f139694dc4.jpeg

This was posted earlier...

On 11/08/2023 at 12:22 PM, Flynn_Smith said:

As usual, the precincts seem to be a few actors running around in different costumes (but typically no overall theming to make each area stand out from eachother). One I am particularly perplexed by however.. is the “Maze Hub” precinct.

We are surely reaching at this point? 🤨

EF98FFC9-21FC-4C15-A8AA-D6B1CB89D580.jpeg

Maybe they decided to keep it for another year???

‘The Conjuring Universe’ maze promo has now been posted on Movie World’s instagram page

When looking at the maze’s page on the website, i noticed there seems to be an added room this year, i’m going to assume the maze has been updated to accomodate the 8th film in the franchise, The Nun II, which is being released in the coming weeks. 

IMG_3635.thumb.jpeg.00386235c2854b1707445153802b655f.jpeg

• Like 1