Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

50 minutes ago, westical said:

So RRRC is an adult ride but not Justice League? Got it.

I did add "if you can be bothered" to cater for the notion that it's a junior coaster in their kids area, although with a 110cm height restriction versus a 90cm height restriction, a 46km/h top speed versus a 2km/h top speed, and an 11m versus 0m height which one do you think you're going to find more kids on?

30 minutes ago, Rivals said:

both Rivals and Superman were down for majority of today

Brutal.

SE was also down Saturday (presumably all day, when leaving around 12 it had been added to the maintenance board at park entrance).

Didnt justiceleague recently get a big fix up

I thought it was pretty good now

Indeed it did, even the new Starro projection has been working fairly consistently.

Edited by Park Addict 93
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

Didnt justiceleague recently get a big fix up

I thought it was pretty good now

It did, and in fairness to the park it was considerably improved versus a few years ago.  But it's still beset by problems such as plenty of non-functional targets, effects that don't work (eg; Supergirl wall), missing audio and missing lighting.  It's almost like maintenance is an ongoing thing or something.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

Be interesting to know if true cause youd think things would last longer than that especially lights and projectors and things that dont have moving parts

Probably a cost thing. Disney used to replace every lightbulb in an install when they reached 50% of their life. It ensured the show was never running sub-standard, but it was both an enormous expense, and an unnecessarily wasteful one. 

These days you'll see dead bulbs and the like because 'it isn't due' for maintenance. it's more cost effective as the 'damage' to the show is considered to be worth the money they save by only replacing things as they blow. 

The downside is that if something is working as it should during a maintenance period (and it isn't SCHEDULED to be replaced), it gets ticked off. If it fails 5 days later, it might have to wait until the next time it goes down for refurb... unless it is show-critical.

Does anyone else find it ridiculous that Movie World still haven't fixed the Wild West Falls effects.  To me it's just pure laziness also considering all the refurbishment it has had there is no excuse and is very disappointing to me. like @DaptoFunlandGuy I'm asking you because you know a lot of these things do you know if the screens in the Wild West falls are triggered by a motion sensor connected to the screen? if so, it can't be that hard to fix.

They have pumped a lot of money into that attraction in recent years with lengthy refurbishments and the boat 'upgrades'. Despite this, they have actually lost overall capacity which is the opposite of what you want to happen. They have little financial incentive to maintain the effects considering all of this. 

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, themagician said:

Green Lantern reopened two days ago after being closed for a few months. Today it closed again.

“Following guest feedback, we have amended the operations of the Green Lantern rollercoaster to appeal more broadly to our guests.

The ride vehicles will now sit stationary in the station for the ride’s duration and see the removal of all inversions and requires a minimum of 8 riders to operate.

Thank you for your understanding.”

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

at this point, it wouldn’t shock me if they’re starting to look for a Green Lantern replacement. the ride would be costing too much to maintain with it being down more then it’s open.

i can think of one, and only one, cloned compact thrilling coaster layout with inversions, and that one would probably end up having similar issues. 

39 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

I wonder if any other El Loco installations have this much downtime.

I know green lantern has unique trains that holds more people than the other El Locos so maybe this comes with more issues and prolonged maintenance. 

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

at this point, it wouldn’t shock me if they’re starting to look for a Green Lantern replacement. the ride would be costing too much to maintain with it being down more then it’s open.

Maybe but it gets good ques for it and positive feedback. 

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

There isn't much thrill coasters you could add with the space unfortunately. I would personally replace the ride with gardens, with the first part of the queue in this scenario being replaced with facades as well as a few stores, bringing an upgrade to the area (think of the Marvel area at IOA for inspiration, although toned down). The only negative to this would be that there would be exactly 0 inverting rides throughout Village.

Edited by TBoy