Superman Escape Loose Items

bern1992

SE and GL both have the same policy - no loose items. They will however permit you to take medical aids (including prescription glasses) to the gates. GL has a set of pigeon holes they have just for that purpose, whereas SE utilises a crappy old plastic basket.

Thats because they take the classes between the stations

I have been wanting to raise the question for a while of whether charging for the short term lockers actually invalidates any claims the park's make (in any advertising or signage at the gate). For example, if they claim that your entry includes all rides or unlimited rides, then this is in fact made false by forcing the use of charged lockers (either on people who attend alone so therefore have no alternative, or any couples / groups who wish to ride together) on anyone who brings a single item into the park, i.e. everyone. The simple fact is that you cannot attend Movie World for the advertised price and ride all of the rides without incurring extra charges. And I believe in most circumstances if something is not included in the price that that should be clearly advertised. If you were to rock up to the park tomorrow alone Superman Escape & Green Lantern would effectively be up charges for you, and that just isn't right. I have been wanting to look into this for a while and haven't had a chance. But, if any of you guys want to give a bit of thought as to whether any claims the parks make are contradicted by their loose items policy, I'd be keen to hear what you've got as I would be interested in putting it to Village and any relevant regulatory departments.

I agree with you strop, it is kind of stupid they don't say anything. What if you only brought enough money for day entry (and brought your own lunch), you wouldn't be able to ride SE or GL (if you were on your own). Unlikely, but possible. I usually buy a locker for the whole day. Saves me carrying around my bag and putting it in lockers/trays at rides. And I always come with someone so it's $4.50 each or so, depending on the price since it keeps changing :/

I usually buy a locker for the whole day. Saves me carrying around my bag and putting it in lockers/trays at rides.

I have no problem with lockers being available to purchase for convenience, and completely understand wanting to drop a bag off and be able to access it throughout the day. And I have gladly payed for that convenience in multiple (usually water) parks around the world. However, my big gripe is that even if you were to walk into Movie World with nothing but your wallet. You have no choice but to get a locker for an additional cost to be able to ride all of the rides. Edited by strop

I sent a fairly forceful message to Movieworld's facebook regarding 100% increase to locker hire. It's straight profiteering and entrapment. Many many parks around the world do not insist you store items in lockers to ride the coasters and charge you for the hell of it. They should remove the cost of the lockers or alternatively find another way for people to store their items. People pay significant entry fees and it's not appropriate to further drain locals and tourists by forcing them to use paid lockers. And frankly if Movie World's management had any decency they would write me back, but ofcourse they haven't.

I would like to see MW set up their lockers the way Universal Singapore has (and I presume many other parks which I haven't seen) that permit you to store for a limited time (based on the ride's wait time) for free. Any additional storage beyond that timeframe will cost money. If it's hard administratively to do so, then charge $1, and refund it if you 'check out' of the locker before the time limit. $2 is still small change, but a 100% increase makes it sound far worse - and it is. They own the lockers, so surely their costs aren't increasing... I can't justify the price increase, and those stating that the ride is effectively an upcharge are correct. Even if a passholder wants to jump into the park for an hour of an afternoon - they still must carry their pass (unless they walk through the gate, get a pass-out, go back to their car to drop off their pass and then re-enter), they still have to carry coins to use the lockers just to store their bloody pass!

AlexB - I'm aware almost all lockers (beside one set of all-day at MW) between both MW and WnW are owned by someone else, and it works off a 60-40% type commission. I could imagine they pull in hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on the locker fees so I can only guess they increased the price (even if by a dollar) to try and improve the income for that particular division this financial year? Just a thought. However I doubt the loose items rule would be dropped seeing how close all the attractions are in the park to the general public, American theme parks are much more spread out with tree's and shrub to catch flung items (of course, not all). Even Dreamworld is more spread out, and they don't seem to be as strict.. Maybe MW are taking preventatives to keep them from any unnessacery law suits because people didn't "listen".. Customers never "listen" I also doubt they will give out free locker time, seeing the current system has been working smoothly for years.. I'm not complaining as they sure know how to spend the money we give them, am I right?

Even if a passholder wants to jump into the park for an hour of an afternoon - they still must carry their pass (unless they walk through the gate, get a pass-out, go back to their car to drop off their pass and then re-enter), they still have to carry coins to use the lockers just to store their bloody pass!

And lock their keys in the car. They didn't have much choice though when it came to lifting the price, $1 increments was really all they could work with.

When you pay $80 admission price you don't really expect to be paying to get on rides do you?

I went on Wild West Falls last Sunday and it seemed to be in some sort of summer mode. I got reaaly wet and was freezing after the ride. They have a silly get dry for $ machine, that and the paying for lockers rule makes me think they want to run a pay as you go park. I also noticed that outside Scooby Doo they have a no loose items rule but I went on the last ride with my backpack and they didn't care.

This topic should be retitled "Have a whinge" - It would be nice to have a setup like USS as AlexB mentioned but as I've said previously, Superman has been running with its locker system for several years now and MW also introduced the same system for Green Lantern, theres a very very small chance they will change. I don't see the point in arguing/discussing this?

Because Zane, in this country we have the right to do so. We have a right to have our own opinions and the right to express it. Our opinions may differ from others opinions and we may even argue. The truth is the park is shafting the customer and the customer has the right to express anger. If you don't like this, you have the right to object or not to object, but you have NO right to prevent us from portraying our opinions.

Never did I say you don't have the right to portray your opinion, I simply questioned why we are arguing or discussing it here? Ring through your complaint(s) to Movie World guest services where it will reach people who can potentially change the situation! Heres the number go nuts: +61 7 5573 8380

Edited by zane

Because predicting whether a particular effect in a ride would work or not before the ride has even run once (And conceivably, that fog screen might not even be installed yet...construction is ongoing) is silliness.So hell yeah I was implying that it was a dumb discussion! Alton Towers are building a new coaster at the moment.... OMG I wonder if the wheel will fall off? Will the ride work? Tune in early next year to find out! :rolleyes:

Edited by Gazza