Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

I think the mystery photo was taken just behind the old Loony Tune River Ride!!!! (see image) Sooo, is this for lethal weapon ....or.... the 'exciting new attraction' in the LRR!!! I can't find anywehere else in the park the photo may have been taken. The give away for me was the light in the carpark!!! What do you reckon!!

Excellent spotting using near map, but to answer your question: post-754-0-53262800-1328688863_thumb.jpg Again, from MW's Facebook page.

What's your source for this? Or are you just speculating?

Matt has a pretty good record for providing solid info on upcoming attractions. I would be surprised if his statement isn't true. This is awesome to here! We are practically getting a new area of the park, as well as a new ride experience with the improved trains. "china town alley is being gutted as we speak for the re-brand and re-launch" - Sounds like MW are spending a decent amount on this re-launch if they are re-theming the lethal weapon queue and area to Arkham Asylum and then the whole china town alley to Gotham City?? (just a guess) Can't wait till some official info is released.

"This Easter, get ready for the ride of your life as Warner Bros. Movie World launches a new coaster experience straight from your darkest nightmares. This insane new experience will replace the Lethal Weapon Coaster and is sure to be a scream. Keep an eye on the Movie World FaceBook page to be the first to know what’s coming to get you....." from the myfun newsletter. A friend of mine just pointed out the latest email newsletter from myfun has the new coaster experience as moderate yet Lethal Weapon is listed as extreme on their website. Really interesting to see what changes they are making to bring the level down so much.

the new coaster experience as moderate yet Lethal Weapon is listed as extreme on their website. Really interesting to see what changes they are making to bring the level down so much.

I think this is just a mistake. How can you possibly bring Lethal Weapon's intensity down to be on par with WWF or Road Runner in 8 weeks (both are listed as moderate on their site) ?? That would need some major track replacement.

If this is true, another thing based on DC? Come on, its time to move into other areas. It's becoming incredibly less about a park based on films and other film-related topics into one based purely on DC comics. It belongs more in a type of park like Dreamworld where other sorts of themes are more accepted.

I think movie world doing movie theme might be over if lethal weapon does turn out to be dc and its not movie world fault as to get the movie contact for rides cost way too much and they can not afford it anymore but the dc contact has cost movie world very little I think movie world doing movie theme might be over if lethal weapon does turn out to be dc and its not movie world fault as to get the movie contact for rides cost way too much and they can not afford it anymore but the dc contact has cost movie world very little

I think it makes sense for Movie World to be concentrating on making an entire part of the park DC themed because DC is popular, and long lasting. Also realistically, they can't make an entire themed land in a year, so it's OK that they're taking a couple years to do it. It also makes sense that a ride themed to Lethal Weapon -a not particually notable action franchise from the early 90s- be rethemed to something in he DC universe if it's in said themed land. Now they just need an elaborate DC family ride and all will be well.

One problem MW has is that they are trying to build a movie oriented park will limited funds. To do a ride for most movies it requires the use of dark rides. MW doesn't have the fund to be building many dark rides. So therefore they opt for the easy roller coaster option, as they require minimal theming, but with doing this they limit their choices of movies. It basically just leaves them with the DC comics, as many WB films would need a dark ride or heavily themed environment (example - Harry Potter). Not having a go at MW but just saying that they don't have many options, until they find the room and funds to build some dark rides, which they can do well. That's when we will see some different movies being transformed into rides. Edit: Post #300 yeah.

Edited by Cruiseshipfan

Hopefully the replacement for Batman will be a good dark ride, though with the opening of GL and revamp of LW I dont see how they can afford it realistically. But I agree Movie Parks need dark rides. For example, Universal and Disney parks are full of them. We're lucky to have Wild West Falls and Scooby Doo which are two very well themed rides (and I guess you could throw in Superman there too).

Just went to Movie World and there seems to be no action at the park in the construction zones. China Town has yet to be pulled down by the looks of it. There is a couple of trucks down the side of the building and there are many large bins and shipping containers around the back of the building. Can't see anymore. Does anyone know what is going to replace it?