Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

I think this ride is what Sea World needed. It may look out of place a little, but Bermuda Triangle had lost its edge (They could have changed it to fit into the theme of Dinosaur Island). However, I'm not complaining. I think that the ride will be good, even if the theming wasn't. But after seeing this photo it seems like it will be a great ride, with great theming.

Sorry I don't call that 'testing has begun'...

The gondola boat is still on its shipping blocks, and wrapped in plastic.

The fact that there is a mannequin in one of the seats means nothing. If they're implying this is a simulaid - such as a water dummy - then they would need more than one dummy... more like 4 or 6....

Just looking at the dissected shipping container over the dip before splash-down and wondering if this has potential to be part of the ride entrance....??? See image attached.

If so I think this would be so cool!!! And it seems possible with the configuration of the existing pathways.

The other alternative entrance I can see is over the Vikings Revenge trench at the bottom right side of the image but they haven't started any bridging of the trench and it would be pretty messy to span...so it may be a plausible and creative entry point.....

post-29082-0-26591500-1376984886_thumb.j

Just looking at the dissected shipping container over the dip before splash-down and wondering if this has potential to be part of the ride entrance....??? See image attached.

If so I think this would be so cool!!! And it seems possible with the configuration of the existing pathways.

The other alternative entrance I can see is over the Vikings Revenge trench at the bottom right side of the image but they haven't started any bridging of the trench and it would be pretty messy to span...so it may be a plausible and creative entry point.....

I think there will be two entrances. One as shown in the image and the other where the old queue line for Bermuda Triangle used to be (Bottom right of the image). So to sum it all up, basically what you said.

Yes I think that will definitely be the case... I actually thought it was quite obvious. If you look at some other versions of this ride overseas, there is usually a bridge or path over the bottom of the drop.

Thought some might find this interesting. I was studying the aerial photo of the site mid-construction and thought I would try and work out what the track will look like in the context of surrounding rides, pathways etc. So I have posted my conclusions...

I overlaid the original approved coaster (proposed for the entry of Sea World) onto the new location and it marries up very well. It goes with the Mack Coaster standard design we have been discussing. We can also see why they took that route for the cut down version of Vikings revenge...it should be pretty interesting when all of the props and theming are added.....

Looks like MikeMac was right.

post-2613-0-90371900-1377100122_thumb.jp