Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

^ I was more implying that WVTP actually do things with their parks instead of having several rides sbno, not one in particular

It's funny to hear someone say that after the number of people who were whinging about the SBNO LTRR, BT, BATR.... In that last photo - there appears to be a white 'carport' style awning near one of the entrances to the mountain... I don't ever recall seeing this before - any ideas on it?

It's funny to hear someone say that after the number of people who were whinging about the SBNO LTRR, BT, BATR....

LTRR - Do we know for certain it is still standing? I assume it would be, but at least they've hidden it so it doesn't look like something should be there now. BT - Being replaced at the moment BTAR - Being replaced at the moment Dreamworld on the other hand now has Chairlift - Removed, but the poles still show what used to be. Eureka - Still SBNO with no obvious plans for that to ever change. Capt Sturt - Unless something has changed, last I heard it's now SBNO And just to be picky - The area of the old waterpark - the slides and mountain are still there with no sign of being replaced. Cyclone - Queue area - even to people who haven't been there before it's obvious something used to be there and now just looks tacky.

In that last photo - there appears to be a white 'carport' style awning near one of the entrances to the mountain... I don't ever recall seeing this before - any ideas on it?

Looks like it is there to protect the flume riders....its the same thing seen on footpaths around city construction sites. http://goo.gl/maps/8XYlw (Streetview example)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is demolition being done on the Volcano or are they keeping it for the coaster? It'd be nice if it were a well themed, enclosed water coaster like the one at Sea World Orlando rather than an open one like Poseidon at Europa Park, however the latter unfortunately is more likely.

I am 100% certain Mack are involved, since they would have had to come out here to collect the Scenic Railway trains, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.......

Oh God, that is gold. Mack have confirmed themselves haven't they. Also, if they keep the volcano, I hope they paint it to look like a mountain or something as it is storm theme.