Maintenance Schedule

WCE87

I do wish instead of saying 'come and ask us again later when we might have more info' they'd just post the info when they get it...

I agree. An example is during the construction of the Storm Coaster. Sea World never posted any photos of it, until a week before it opened. There have been times when they have given hints (Such as when GL was being constructed, Movie World posted small separate images which were parts of a puzzle). I don't know if other theme parks across the world post images during construction, but I think the GC parks should. Even if they only ever post one or two, it would be good to get some hints from them about what is going on and what the attraction will look like or be. I do hope Dreamworld give some hints about what their two new rides will be in the next month or so.

I agree. An example is during the construction of the Storm Coaster. Sea World never posted any photos of it, until a week before it opened. There have been times when they have given hints (Such as when GL was being constructed, Movie World posted small separate images which were parts of a puzzle). I don't know if other theme parks across the world post images during construction, but I think the GC parks should. Even if they only ever post one or two, it would be good to get some hints from them about what is going on and what the attraction will look like or be. I do hope Dreamworld give some hints about what their two new rides will be in the next month or so.

Whilst I agree with this, I can sort of understand why they don't...

Let us look at the things that the media report based on untrue or incomplete information... That could lead to a bigger PR issue than it is worth.

Since I said this Dreamworld haven revealed some of the changes they are making on the Wipeout

Granted I'm probably biased, but with sites like Parkz providing pretty regular and comprehensive updates for all the major stuff and a lot of the minor stuff that goes on at our parks, are we really missing out because they're not sending a PR assistant out with an iPhone every few weeks?

Australian parks have gotten better with releasing information earlier than in the past but at the end of the day they have their own marketing/PR targets with new attractions and to achieve these it often makes most sense to hold off.

I follow several outlets to do with theme parks, international parks, roller coasters, and Disney.

Pretty much every single one of those pages has been going mental for at least the last 5 months (some have been going nuts for a lot longer) over the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train ride.

Granted, it's a disney ride - and its a very elaborate one that's been in development for some time - but I really think the parks should work with more of an 'anticipation' angle - like they did with Superman Escape.

Although they were advertising Storm for some time, other than a billboard, they didn't really give anything else away. SE had the 0-100-02 promotion and a website JUST for the ride... a little more like they do on the international stage.

Dreamworld has posted a video with the new mini mayor and a Dreamworld

Engineer gave some details about the refurb/rebuild of Wipeout

-It will open early July

- A complete colour scheme change. The change rooms are now yellow, green, orange and purple. The operator beach house is now 3/4 purple.

- New seats

- Theatrical elements will be added (water and the shark, water jets etc id say)

- The fence line is coming in closer to the ride

- The que line will be changed up. Id say they will board the next lot of riders in the wave while a cycle is going like they use to do.

given we haven't heard even a whisper as yet - either VRTP are doing very well at keeping it quiet - or they aren't building anything - they're just doing earthworks or maintenance for some generic operational structure... like a storage shed or something.

Very happy for them to prove me wrong with a new blockbuster for next summer though....

• 2 weeks later...