Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster fire and lighting effects

Spotty

They only walk the areas that have the catwalks. Maintenance staff would do full track walks though, but I wouldn't be 100% on the frequency of these or how they actually do them. Operations staff would walk all the catwalk areas which staff would utilise in general operation + the lifts and dark ride sections.

The walks spotty describes are not for structural integrity of the track. It's just to check things are working, exit lights and doors are functional, no obstructions in the ride envelope.

AlexB I'm not sure why wood coasters need a daily walk and steel don't but no it's not a daily check.

And the 'ball' takes hours to do a full circuit. It's not used daily.

AlexB I'm not sure why wood coasters need a daily walk and steel don't but no it's not a daily check.

Of course i'm going from my own knowledge with Bush Beast and Beastie. It may have just been the age of them, but the maintenance guys would walk the entire length of the track every day, generally armed with a hammer and nails.

Where the timber was starting to lift, twist, kink, or otherwise degrade, they'd hammer it back down into place, and in some cases knock a few more nails into it. This i've seen with my own eyes, and of course this is the reason why a steel coaster wouldn't need the same sort of attention across every part of track)

If it were something bigger, my guess is that they'd mark it for a look on the next maintenance period, or even bigger again, they may not sign off on the ride until it had received attention.

I would presume other coasters would have similar inspections on a regular basis, as much of the timber would be nailed (obviously not the structural supports which would be bolted), but as woodies are meant to move and shake, two boards nailed together would, over the course of many many cycles, shake and wiggle their nails loose, and preventative maintenance, by walking the track every day, would identify the problems early before they became a serious issue.

Edited by AlexB

I've seen the Jurassic Park Raft Adventure fill a few times at USS - that's pretty cool. I think the footage you want would have to include those large cylinder tubes that the water goes over.

I'm pretty sure there was footage of that happening at the Snowy River Rampage too - but not in that clip.

So does that mean that Wonderland gets the credit? How much credit do they need in order to reopen?

post-2597-0-47529200-1400992276_thumb.jp

Wait a second.. did a post go missing here?

Yes I think it did - i posted a link to the wonderland history site which had two videos of snowy - one that was posted above by iWerks and another which actually did show Snowy in startup...

I'm quite confused why it would have been deleted, but I certainly didn't do it and nobody has PM'd me about it either.

Little bit late to the party here but my favourite positions to work at Movieworld had to be Scooby doo load platform. On busy days I really really enjoyed getting people pumped up and excited and moving quickly to get the cars loaded. When I was working Scooby on busy days, management tended to just put me on load for the whole day as I was pretty damn good at getting it done efficiently. If you were super hungover or not feeling very guest friendly, some time in the highzone or at the LRRR waterfall scene was really good. Except there were a few yucky stories about the lift room at LTTR which nearly always reminded me to take in some disinfectant before handling the button.

For something different, working the Movie Magic Special Effects show was a highlight as well. The tricks we would play on each other before and during the show were hilarious... I will always remember my time at the show with fond memories.

now to worst attractions.... anything to do with the front entry I hated. It was so boring to check heights and that was about it! I also hated working the matrix exhibit with a passion. It was by far one of the most boring attractions mw have ever created, and most of the guests felt the same! It went through a couple of different versions while I was there and it was just boring for guests and staff.

Was on it today. Only 1 green laser and the music was quieter than normal. It was very smoky at the exit in the morning. I wish they would restore it back how it used to be.

their getting lazier and lazier with effects for this ride...you could barely see the damn laser that was on at all!

Edited by bladex