2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Disagree to no down side.

I've found in personal experience people get it in their head that single rider means no wait (same with fast pass too) and then get pissed when they might be waiting 20mins to get on a ride, even though the normal que may be an hour.

Disagree to no down side.

I've found in personal experience people get it in their head that single rider means no wait (same with fast pass too) and then get pissed when they might be waiting 20mins to get on a ride, even though the normal que may be an hour.

These people will always exist though, and it doesn't matter what you give them, they will find a way to complain. If they can't see that they are cutting their wait time in half compared to the rest of the riders then it's their problem.

Perhaps a sign outside the queue would make them shut up a bit, but when have signs stopped people from doing anything?

Simple math. Quite often people travel in even numbers to theme parks, largely due to wanting someone to ride with.

When you have a ride with say 3 across seating (like radiator springs racers) groups of 2 and 4 result in an empty single seat.

On a ride like California Screaming the pairs fill up most rows.

And yes people always complain. At RSR a couple weeks ago a woman was throwing a fit because her group was being split up after waiting in the single rider line **slaps forehead

Simple math. Quite often people travel in even numbers to theme parks, largely due to wanting someone to ride with.

When you have a ride with say 3 across seating (like radiator springs racers) groups of 2 and 4 result in an empty single seat.

On a ride like California Screaming the pairs fill up most rows.

And yes people always complain. At RSR a couple weeks ago a woman was throwing a fit because her group was being split up after waiting in the single rider line **slaps forehead

I guess when it's down to specifics, but all in all, it doesn't make a massive difference, it just takes one odd numbered group to change that.

YES it does make a massive difference. Disney puts a lot of work into studying the science of people movement and ride queuing.

I've seen single rider lines on 2 abreast coasters that just don't work. And also rides like Tower of Terror (Disney) where because everyone sits so close in a big group single rider doesn't really work/matter.

The ride vehicle plays a big part in whether it's effective to have single rider or not.

You also need a park that is good and efficient at pre-grouping riders. No Australian parks are.

YES it does make a massive difference. Disney puts a lot of work into studying the science of people movement and ride queuing.

I've seen single rider lines on 2 abreast coasters that just don't work. And also rides like Tower of Terror (Disney) where because everyone sits so close in a big group single rider doesn't really work/matter.

The ride vehicle plays a big part in whether it's effective to have single rider or not.

You also need a park that is good and efficient at pre-grouping riders. No Australian parks are.

Some Australian parks have good ride loading ways. At Abyss they had all of the gates and rows pre loaded before the car was there.

I believe the next attraction that will be made over will be the Cyclone. With Sea Viper now retired it is now the oldest roller coaster (opened in Luna Park Sydney in 1995 as The Big Dipper). I suggested to the to buy the old Sea Viper train and this is what they said...

"Hi Gary, We saw the news that one of their attractions was retiring. We have a plan for Cyclone, we have a few other new attractions and projects to finish first but cyclone is on the list."

I really hope that the Cyclone does get a much needed makeover as it is very rough now days which makes it not very enjoyable. I usually can only stand riding it once and the line is always very short.

It's good to hear that they have made a list and noticed things that need to be done throughout Dreamworld. Ocean Parade is almost finished and I am very pleased with all the work they have fine so far. If they give the claw a fresh coat of paint and do something about Cyclone I will be a very happy man.

A couple of other things that would be good, include: upgrading a few of the enclosures in the wildlife area. And of course replace Eureka, and give the rapid and log ride a face lift.

Popped into Dreamworld on my way home from work today to check progress on Wipeout. I can confirm that the water sprays are coming back and were being tested today. Although i have no clue where the water was coming from because there was no water in the pool under the ride. The ride did a few random bits of testing. One time with both arms rotating in one direction for a solid 15 mins occasionally locking in the car and doing a flip. The other cycle was the cycle used a few years back when the motor was breaking and a tamer cycle was used. It didn't do any flips and kinda just moved around. Looked very uneventful and boring. The whole area looked good though. I asked a staff member and they said that they were just having issues with the locking mechanism on the gondola that makes it do flips, but as soon as that was fixed it would be ready for opening. Won't be long now :D

for those interested it was testing this cycle today but without the flip at the end because the locking mechanism wasn't working properly.

Edited by casey96

The water was coming from the new pipes that have been installed, I have circled them in red in the picture.

I will try to upload the videos tonight or tomorrow from July 11th, they had it going in all programs even program 1 plus the new program unless I have never seen it before, and yes I filmed them all. They were having problems with the locking mechanism as well at the time and during the new program a bolt or screw came off as it did a backflip...

post-2866-0-54265600-1406103249_thumb.jp