2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

So the new flat ride is going to be themed around this right

?

That reference was already made a couple days ago Gazza - you're in the wrong timezone... go back to sleep! ;)

They have gone with orange, red and yellow. Pic below from Thrillz Facebook page.

Awesome - colours already proven to fade their asses off in 12-18 months time... this will be their 'constrictor' lol.

It was an Aussie surf/beach theme. "Super Tubes" was a play on the famed Superbank break at Coolangatta. "Green Room" is a term for being in the barrel of a wave. I'd definitely agree that Triple Vortex is their first real deviation from the theme.

I haven't been on a slide like this before, what are peoples thoughts on it?

Gazza posted a review of one of these rides about 10 posts above... what he says pretty much goes. Check out that park and ride count!

Wedgie may be a term coined by americans, it also fits with the Australian surf culture (and is apt to the ride). As Richard said, it wasn't 'Aussie' themed, it was 'Aussie Beach' themed, hence the giant thongs, blue ringed octopus, the rip, they're all tied into something to do with the Australian Surf.

Dreamworld have a countdown on their website for the opening of Tailspin. The countdown ends on the 20th of September, the first day of QLD school holidays. Its weird that they have announce a date so far in advance

Adventure World did the same with Abyss. At least they're confident that it will be ready on time. Good old German know how, I guess.

Annoying article in Saturday's West Australian Travel Section by Gemma Nisbet about Dream World. I'm not quite sure why someone who doesn't like big, scary rides is writing about them. Here's a quote:

"After watching the braver members of the group on a warm-up ride - the Motocoaster, rated as only a "moderate thrill ride" but too scary-looking for me - we cowards set off on our own."

Some nice pictures, but only one fact is offered: "The Giant Drop - the tallest freefalling ride in the world."

No mention of Tailspin or any other new developments either.